Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 4, 2012, 07:04 AM   #1
johughes72
macrumors newbie

"Open iPhoto to see photos in your library in this list"

HELP
If I want to upload a photo to a website - eg for an advert, I click ADD IMAGE, and when my browser opens I go to MEDIA then PHOTOS then IPHOTO. This used to work fine, but now i get the message "OPEN IPHOTO TO SEE PHOTOS FROM YOUR IPHOTO LIBRARY IN THIS LIST". This does nothing, even if iPhoto is open, I can't see any of my images or upload them. I have a Macbook Pro, with IOX 10.7.5

Any ideas????
Desperate!!!
johughes72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 09:45 AM   #2
delphus
macrumors newbie

Send a message via ICQ to delphus Send a message via MSN to delphus Send a message via Yahoo to delphus Send a message via Skype™ to delphus
Quote:
Originally Posted by johughes72 View Post
HELP
If I want to upload a photo to a website - eg for an advert, I click ADD IMAGE, and when my browser opens I go to MEDIA then PHOTOS then IPHOTO. This used to work fine, but now i get the message "OPEN IPHOTO TO SEE PHOTOS FROM YOUR IPHOTO LIBRARY IN THIS LIST". This does nothing, even if iPhoto is open, I can't see any of my images or upload them. I have a Macbook Pro, with IOX 10.7.5

Any ideas????
Desperate!!!
If your library can't be found by iPhoto, you may try the following:
On iPhoto: File / Switch to Library / Other Library (if any on display) / then find your iPhoto library on your user folder/Pictures / iPhoto Library

If there is no iPhoto Library inside your Pictures user folder, then hopefully you have it on backup

Cheers
delphus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:00 AM   #3
Mac Eagle
macrumors member

If you do locate your iPhoto library file, you may have to re-associate it with iPhoto (iPhoto may have somehow forgot about it). Hold the option key when starting iPhoto and it will ask you to select your iPhoto library file. If you are seeing your pics in iPhoto then you can always drag the photo your are trying to upload to the desktop and use that copy to add to the website.
Mac Eagle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:13 AM   #4
johughes72
macrumors newbie

I haven't lost my library, it is still in iPhoto. But when I am on the net, and I want to insert a photo, they won't come up. EG if you were posting an advert and wanted to use a photo - you'd click upload image and go to the file where the pictures are (media, photos, iPhoto then the image), but my iphoto file looks empty! It used to work!!! Thanks for helping, will try what you said.
johughes72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:18 AM   #5
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

Quick fix: Drag the photo you want to upload to your desktop.

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
iphoto, upload photo to web