Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
People who think G shock watches are cool....

Well let's just say i'm willing to bet that they get laid way less often compared to someone who wears classy watches...

Just saying.

Coming from a guy who talks about getting laid on a mac rumors internet forum?? lol
Maybe they use G Shock watches when they do outdoors stuff...in which case, that's cool.

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
I have absolutely no confidence in any Bluetooth technology.

This thing is going to constantly drop its connection without any indication of anything being wrong, requiring you to do the Bluetooth un-pair and re-pair voodoo dance.

martial900

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Cant wait until this evolves further. I am liking the bluetooth 4 integration. I want to see up to a weeklong duration synced to wristwatch. I want to see oled screen for high resolution display. I want to change fonts and size. Oh yeah I want to a good mic built-in. So much for swiss-made gears. Just pop-in mobile CPU with quadcore that would be on par with swiss quality.

Suman0102

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
When it comes to watches, stick to the classics

:::Looks down at the Omega watch on my wrist:::

"Don't worry baby, time will never change how I feel about you"

Mr. Gates

macrumors 68020
The features are completely worthless.

First off, I would have to agree that this thing is ugly as sin.

But to say the features are useless ?

Not at all. Maybe you never go to the gym.

My favorite feature is the alert if you go out of range from your iPhone. Never loose an iPhone at a bar or a gas station ever again. That alone is gold.

A lot of naysayers on this forum. May it be news from Microsoft, Android, or other companies innovating in some way shape or form. All I ever hear is some strange lambasting of anything NOT Apple.

It really needs to stop. It's just stupid.

Case in point.

Hex-iPod-Nano-Watch-Band-02.jpeg

Everyone was soooooooo excited about these and you had to charge them every day.

They were utterly pointless and all the Apple Fan Doods sung their praise

Last edited:

kavika411

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2006
Alabama
Yeah, because switching to a monochrome display just so a couple people could wear it as a watch would have been so revolutionary.

Monochrome display? Who says an iPod Nano watch necessitates a monochrome display? And "a couple people" liked wearing the Nano as a watch?

v3rn

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2010
Love G-Shock watches. They're actually quite popular as well. I see people on my campus wearing them all the time. Hell, I think they're more popular now than they've ever been. I own one, but I hunt, fish, and live outside a lot. So having a watch that is durable, solar powered, and can tell me the moon phases and tides is amazing. Not to mention, I actually get quite a lot of compliments about it. It's not really so much about the watch, but about who's wearing it. If you can pull it off, it works.

Boatboy24

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2011
1 Infinite Loop
Forgive my ignorance, as I'm not all that tech savvy; but if you are wearing your watch, and it is withing Bluetooth range of your phone, why would you need your watch to alert you that a call is coming in? Wouldn't your phone already be doing that via the act of ringing? Maybe I'm just missing something.

Ishimaru

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Los Angeles
Forgive my ignorance, as I'm not all that tech savvy; but if you are wearing your watch, and it is withing Bluetooth range of your phone, why would you need your watch to alert you that a call is coming in? Wouldn't your phone already be doing that via the act of ringing? Maybe I'm just missing something.
Because sometimes you have your phone in your pocket, on silent and don't feel the vibration; you miss the call.

mslide

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
People still wear watches? I stopped wearing one the day I started carrying around a mobile phone with me everywhere I went. I guess if you're trying to make a fashion statement then whatever but anybody wearing a G-Shock is clearly not into that.

Mr. Gates

macrumors 68020

Gym, bike riding, driving, never loose your phone (Range Alerts), meetings, swimming, at work maybe you can't check your phone, etc...

Just because you can't think of a few uses it doesn't mean they don't exist. If it wasn't so UGLY I would get one in a heartbeat.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Umm... Why!? You already have a clock on your iPhone or iPod.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

To check the time on your iPhone you first have to reach into your pocket/purse, grab the device, raise it to your eye level, and press the power button. To check the time on a watch you just have to raise it to your eye level. For a lot of people that's still a major convenience.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Couldn't*

because if you could care less if defeats the purpose of saying it.

But I DO agree with you! :)

Regarding the watch, I don't know about you guys but my phone is always with me or very near. Why would I need my watch to confirm my phone is in fact ringing? It would be cooler to predict when my phone is about to ring! I'd buy that.

Thanks for the correction haha!

1member1

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
I'm not sure if casio got it or not but this font is too retro and too small for people to actually read and understand most of it.
I prefer to remove most of those features in the clock and make it more simple to read with big fonts.

No I'm not old but this seems so useless ...

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
To check the time on your iPhone you first have to reach into your pocket/purse, grab the device, raise it to your eye level, and press the power button. To check the time on a watch you just have to raise it to your eye level. For a lot of people that's still a major convenience.

like you don't have your phone out anyway. And I beg to differ, I think taking phone out of you front pocket is just as easy as raising to look at your watch.

krashx7

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2012
Just give us the iWatch already. Pebble is the only decent looking one out of all of these and it doesnt even recieve text messages on the iphone. Im holding out for something better. This is perfect for me. I could look at my texts and notifications while on the job and people will just think Im checking the time!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.