Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:39 AM   #1
mandark100
macrumors member

Payment method as debit card?

Can I use debit card to purchase items from iTunes Music Store or App Store? I do not have any credit card so wanted to use an Indian debit card. I am a holder of debit card of some bank in India. Is this possible? Once, when I'd tried to use debit card Apple declined to accept it showing me a message 'Invalid Card Number'. Why did this happen?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:08 PM   #2
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

I would suggest buying iTunes cards locally and going that route. Save yourself the hassle.
firedept is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 01:25 PM   #3
ChrisMan287
macrumors 6502

I use my debit card without any issues.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 01:34 PM   #4
spb3
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandark100 View Post
Why did this happen?
probably because apple is not taking in international credit cards. the best route is to indeed buy itunes card.
-if they are available in India locally, that should be the easiest route.
-if not, try ebay.
-and if you have friends in other country, ask them to buy one for you and send you a code. you can pay them via paypal, etc.
spb3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 02:05 PM   #5
SWPROX
macrumors member

Debit cards I don't think so,you can use an Indian Credit Card in the Indian iTunes Store.
SWPROX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:46 AM   #6
mandark100
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spb3 View Post
probably because apple is not taking in international credit cards. the best route is to indeed buy itunes card.
-if they are available in India locally, that should be the easiest route.
-if not, try ebay.
-and if you have friends in other country, ask them to buy one for you and send you a code. you can pay them via paypal, etc.
So, if I try to use an Indian debit card in Indian App Store or iTunes Store will it work?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:11 AM   #7
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandark100 View Post
So, if I try to use an Indian debit card in Indian App Store or iTunes Store will it work?
Most likely not. I can not use a debit card in Canada in iTunes Store or App Store. Credit Card only. That's why I suggested buying an iTunes card and going that route!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMan287 View Post
I use my debit card without any issues.
I believe that option is only available to the US. I also believe that is due to the fact Apple is US based and so are you. Another example is PayPal which is US based. Being in Canada I can only receive Canadian funds into my bank account even though I accept US funds on sales and have a US currency bank account. I am sure there are laws associated with it but am not totally familiar with them. Really sucks because I have to pay an exchange rate to convert to CDN from US. Worst thing is I am US citizen, transplanted in Canada and even that does not work to my advantage.
firedept is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:24 PM   #8
skykapoor
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedept View Post
Most likely not. I can not use a debit card in Canada in iTunes Store or App Store. Credit Card only. That's why I suggested buying an iTunes card and going that route!

----------

I believe that option is only available to the US. I also believe that is due to the fact Apple is US based and so are you. Another example is PayPal which is US based. Being in Canada I can only receive Canadian funds into my bank account even though I accept US funds on sales and have a US currency bank account. I am sure there are laws associated with it but am not totally familiar with them. Really sucks because I have to pay an exchange rate to convert to CDN from US. Worst thing is I am US citizen, transplanted in Canada and even that does not work to my advantage.

I am also an indian resident and want to buy some apple products. Can you please help that how I can buy from my indian credit cards or is there any other way out to buy the products directly from apple?

----------

I am also an indian resident and want to buy some apple products. Can you please help that how I can buy from my indian credit cards or is there any other way out to buy the products directly from apple?
skykapoor is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store