Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:35 AM   #276
Pez555
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrancis04 View Post
Anyone have pics of a white case on a black phone?
I am currently using a black iPhone in the white case. Looks good. Can't take pics of it though as it is my only camera!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardC300 View Post
Do you think back skins would work with this case or is it too tight?
I am using a back protector as well as thin vinyl side protectors I got off eBay and it fits fine. Anything thicker than vinyl and it would push the sides of the case away from the phone though. It's a tight fit as it is even without protectors.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:52 AM   #277
JetBlack7
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrancis04 View Post
Just got mine and I love it. Definitely foresee this being my long-term, everyday case.

I'm incredibly picky with cases...already been through 3, but this one hits the sweet spot with very few flaws.
Exactly. I am using the black one with my white iPhone 5. Looks awesome!
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:50 AM   #278
Gungai
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino F View Post
The Tones case IS thinner and smaller than the Candyshell Grip case. I had the Grip case but swapped to the Tones case for this very reason.

Comparison pics:
Attachment 377031
Attachment 377032
Attachment 377033
Wrong case. The pic appears to show the SPECK Candyshell case, not the BELKIN Grip candy sheer being discussed. The Belkin is actually much thinner.
Gungai is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:02 PM   #279
potrzebie
macrumors newbie

kinda love this case

I got mine direct from SwitchEasy, it came in the mail about 4 days after I placed the order in early Oct (about 3 days after I picked up my phone) and it's pretty great. I haven't had any problems with the black ring-around-the-camera flaking off yet, so perhaps I'm lucky. I did notice that the screen protector didn't seem to ever adhere to the very edges of the glass on the front. I emailed them to ask if they'd perhaps re-cut the screen protectors after the iPhone actually shipped, and got no real answer to that, but they did offer a new set of protectors and the new ones definitely fit perfectly, and seem to be cut a little more carefully. I know, it's gorilla glass, etc etc, but I've seen so many scratched up iPhone 4's (including my poor mom's before I put a monoprice screen guard on hers) that I see no reason not to use one. My old 4 had a switcheasy screen protector on until I finally sold it on eBay a couple weeks ago, so I'm pretty sure of their durability.

I was bummed to read that the 30-pin-to-lightning connectors don't fit with this case, but went ahead and picked up a micro-USB adapter once Apple began selling them here, and can tell you that it fits perfectly. Exactly, in fact, if the adapter were even a smidge larger it wouldn't.

The micro adapter is barely but noticeably larger than the end of the actual chord that comes with the phone.

The color I went with (bluish-gray) is pretty goofy but I like it (reminds me of the color scheme on old utilitarian school equipment cases, like record players or slide projectors) and would be entirely at home in a powder-blue Buick from the 70s. All the colors seem pretty nice, and right now the only thing that could get me to change cases is if SE themselves broadened the line and one caught my eye...Zune Brown seems like something I'd buy, actually, if they did that.
potrzebie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:26 AM   #280
seeharrison
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewfly View Post
Mine was shipped today.
I ordered mine on Thursday 11/15 at around 10:45PM and it was delivered today. Can't wait to pick it up from the post office!
seeharrison is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:54 AM   #281
viewfly
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeharrison View Post
I ordered mine on Thursday 11/15 at around 10:45PM and it was delivered today. Can't wait to pick it up from the post office!
My 2nd one arrived Saturday. Enjoy yours. It's a very fine, small and snug fitting case.
viewfly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:07 PM   #282
viewfly
macrumors 6502a

I have removed this case about six times for various reasons. It is such a tight fit, there is no dust under the case. A bit difficult to take off, but no harm to the black phone finish.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:13 AM   #283
abstern
macrumors member

So is there any way to connect to a 30-pin adapter with this case?
abstern is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:22 PM   #284
viewfly
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstern View Post
So is there any way to connect to a 30-pin adapter with this case?
Yes, Look at post #248 in this thread.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:26 PM   #285
galeo
macrumors newbie

Great review of the tones in the black colorway:

http://www.reviews4i.com/2012/11/swi...one-5.html?m=1
galeo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:41 PM   #286
Steevie
Banned

Just got my switcheasy tone in black and i am loving it! At first it wasnt as "nice" as i thought it would be but after handling it for a day its great!
Fits perfect with my glastr!
Steevie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:54 PM   #287
Minhthien
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by potrzebie View Post
I got mine direct from SwitchEasy, it came in the mail about 4 days after I placed the order in early Oct (about 3 days after I picked up my phone) and it's pretty great. I haven't had any problems with the black ring-around-the-camera flaking off yet, so perhaps I'm lucky. I did notice that the screen protector didn't seem to ever adhere to the very edges of the glass on the front. I emailed them to ask if they'd perhaps re-cut the screen protectors after the iPhone actually shipped, and got no real answer to that, but they did offer a new set of protectors and the new ones definitely fit perfectly, and seem to be cut a little more carefully. I know, it's gorilla glass, etc etc, but I've seen so many scratched up iPhone 4's (including my poor mom's before I put a monoprice screen guard on hers) that I see no reason not to use one. My old 4 had a switcheasy screen protector on until I finally sold it on eBay a couple weeks ago, so I'm pretty sure of their durability.

I was bummed to read that the 30-pin-to-lightning connectors don't fit with this case, but went ahead and picked up a micro-USB adapter once Apple began selling them here, and can tell you that it fits perfectly. Exactly, in fact, if the adapter were even a smidge larger it wouldn't.

The micro adapter is barely but noticeably larger than the end of the actual chord that comes with the phone.

The color I went with (bluish-gray) is pretty goofy but I like it (reminds me of the color scheme on old utilitarian school equipment cases, like record players or slide projectors) and would be entirely at home in a powder-blue Buick from the 70s. All the colors seem pretty nice, and right now the only thing that could get me to change cases is if SE themselves broadened the line and one caught my eye...Zune Brown seems like something I'd buy, actually, if they did that.
I have the same case and color and my lightning cable fit fine with out the adapter!
Minhthien is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:05 PM   #288
AbeFroeman
macrumors newbie

I've had the black one for about a month now and just noticed that the paint on the depression for the cutout for the back camera and flash is pealing/fading.

I'm at work and can't take picture, but it looks awful.

Since the top portion of the phone is grey plastic, they should have just left the cutout unpainted.
AbeFroeman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:31 PM   #289
viewfly
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeFroeman View Post
I've had the black one for about a month now and just noticed that the paint on the depression for the cutout for the back camera and flash is pealing/fading.

Since the top portion of the phone is grey plastic, they should have just left the cutout unpainted.
Yeah I got a bit of that too. Just take a black sharpie to it. It will fix up.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:12 PM   #290
AbeFroeman
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Yeah I got a bit of that too. Just take a black sharpie to it. It will fix up.
Good call.
AbeFroeman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:36 PM   #291
icemanzzz
macrumors member

I returned mine since it had defects. Prolly one of the first batches.

I'm now contemplating on getting one again.

Only thing that's stopping me is that I have around 9 cases already. Haven't even used my Elago Outfit and Spigen EX Metal...
icemanzzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:05 AM   #292
ipos
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I have removed this case about six times for various reasons. It is such a tight fit, there is no dust under the case. A bit difficult to take off, but no harm to the black phone finish.
how abt the sides? will it cause chaff?
ipos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:50 AM   #293
viewfly
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipos View Post
how abt the sides? will it cause chaff?
Over the 1.5 months that I used it, I see no signs. My iPhone 5 is pristine.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:39 PM   #294
j-a-x
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeFroeman View Post

Same problem here. I don't mind how it looks so much but I am worried it will cause problems with flash photography..
j-a-x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:40 PM   #295
map1978
macrumors 68020

No updated version of the white case yet huh?

Such a shame because this has been one of my iP5 cases
map1978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:41 AM   #296
jbimler
macrumors regular

So some people are having problems with scuffing and others are fine?
jbimler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:02 PM   #297
ferganer
macrumors newbie

Just a heads up - MacMall has this case for $18 shipped free with ShopRunner or if you get something on top to get your total to $25.
ferganer is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:56 PM   #298
j-a-x
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbimler View Post
So some people are having problems with scuffing and others are fine?
I have absolutely no scuffing / scratching with my case and I haven't exactly been delicate with it. My only issue is with the black paint around the camera lens/flash wearing off.
j-a-x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:12 PM   #299
map1978
macrumors 68020

They really need to make the white version with the dark grey part they use for the black version.

Damn I want a white one

Anyone have the green with the white iPhone? Pics if so please, thanks
map1978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:22 PM   #300
itjw
macrumors 6502a

Just wanted to let everyone know (because my wife has used this case since October), that it appears to mark the chamfered edge of the black iP5. It's not "scuffing" just more like rub marks that do not wipe off.

It's nothing major, and she does love the case, but I know how OCD folks on here are and wanted to warn you just in case you were considering this case. She takes decent care of it, and always places it into a microfiber pouch when it's in her purse.

Speaking of which, for a 2 month old case, it sure has a lot of discoloration along the edges (she got the blue/slate one). It almost looks dirty on the corners and it doesn't clean up either.

It's a shame, but I'm glad I go naked as I would probably have bought this case if I didn't.

Nothing major, just a heads up to those considerering this one.

(Also, I believe they send out "reject" screen protectors included with their cases, as I am an expert installer and could not get either to fit properly (this seems to be a common problem with the ones included with their cases... the edges don't adhere right with the co-packagaed films). We mentioned it to SwitchEasy, and the sent out their retail packaged protectors which worked great.)
itjw is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories