Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Anybody setup Gmail to work on your default iPhone's mail app facing this problem whereby when you move an email from the trash folder back to inbox, it will disappear totally everywhere.

Everywhere as in on your iPhone and also when log on onto Gmail's website, the email cannot be found at all?

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Anybody setup Gmail to work on your default iPhone's mail app facing this problem whereby when you move an email from the trash folder back to inbox, it will disappear totally everywhere.

Everywhere as in on your iPhone and also when log on onto Gmail's website, the email cannot be found at all?

I just tested this and everything looks fine for me (email wasn't lost) on both my phone (also 6.0.1) and the website however my Gmail is set up as Exchange. Is yours set up using the default option in Settings?

Also, have you searched your "All Mail" folder? It might've just been moved there.

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
I just tested this and everything looks fine for me (email wasn't lost) on both my phone (also 6.0.1) and the website however my Gmail is set up as Exchange. Is yours set up using the default option in Settings?

Also, have you searched your "All Mail" folder? It might've just been moved there.

It's setup using default option on my iphone.

It's not in all mail folder

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
It's setup using default option on my iphone.

It's not in all mail folder

It doesnt do it with my account but i have mine setup as an exchange account so i can sync shared Calendars from Gmail with my iCloud calendar

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010

It did. Thanks. But now I am facing problem with the alert tone sounding twice. Is that what happened?

Ok a few more problems now. Not sure why when i delete the email, it will go to all mail rather than trash. and also i am not sure why it will have 2 notifications pings and 2 notifications display in notifications.

I decided to revert back to setting up with default gmail setting itself and everything is ok now. meaning i delete it will go to trash, and when i move from trash to inbox it will be there.

----------

It doesnt do it with my account but i have mine setup as an exchange account so i can sync shared Calendars from Gmail with my iCloud calendar

btw is there anyway i can sync icloud calendar stuff with my gmail calendar?

Last edited:

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
It did. Thanks. But now I am facing problem with the alert tone sounding twice. Is that what happened?

Ok a few more problems now. Not sure why when i delete the email, it will go to all mail rather than trash. and also i am not sure why it will have 2 notifications pings and 2 notifications display in notifications.

I decided to revert back to setting up with default gmail setting itself and everything is ok now. meaning i delete it will go to trash, and when i move from trash to inbox it will be there.

----------

btw is there anyway i can sync icloud calendar stuff with my gmail calendar?

You are probably getting 2 notifications because you didn't remove the other gmail setup. You you have it pulling your mail twice. As for the calendar I am not sure.

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
You are probably getting 2 notifications because you didn't remove the other gmail setup. You you have it pulling your mail twice. As for the calendar I am not sure.
nope. I already deleted the other gmail settings.

But anyway hope it works now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.