Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Apple Collectors

Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:37 PM   #1
TFSC
macrumors newbie

Educator "Think Different" Set

I recently retired from teaching and was going through a box of packed up items. I found an unopened box of the educator "Think Different posters". There are thirty posters (11x17) still in plastic with the original letters and original mailing box. I am interested in selling the complete set. In looking at ebay, individual posters in mint condition are going for $40. Is a person better off selling as a complete set or selling individual posters?
TFSC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:40 PM   #2
ppcg4mac
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFSC View Post
I recently retired from teaching and was going through a box of packed up items. I found an unopened box of the educator "Think Different posters". There are thirty posters (11x17) still in plastic with the original letters and original mailing box. I am interested in selling the complete set. In looking at ebay, individual posters in mint condition are going for $40. Is a person better off selling as a complete set or selling individual posters?
http://missingbite.com/details/TDPoster.html?29
think over the price, these are MINT.

iPod Touch 2g 16 GB, Dell Optiplex 755, Pentium 3 "Server", Whatever the library runs.
ppcg4mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:07 PM   #3
gkarris
macrumors 604

NIP? (New In Package?) Complete set?

Ummmmm, LOTS of money....
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:06 PM   #4
vintageapple
macrumors member

Wow, great find. The ones you see for $40 on eBay are knockoffs. Your original ones, sealed, are worth MUCH more. I am not too familiar with the prices, but some of the rare ones can go for $600+. I think in your case, as you have the original box and everything, it would be worth more to sell as a set...but you may have to wait some time to find a buyer willing to spend the $$ they are worth.
vintageapple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:38 PM   #5
4JNA
macrumors 68000

teacher + original set = RETIREMENT FUND.

crazy value, don't sell cheap. best of luck.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:08 AM   #6
BlueEagle
macrumors member

sorry to bring this post back, but I have a set of 10 11X17 posters. I got them from my commercial art teacher back in 2006. He was going to throw them away, so i saved them from getting destroyed. Ive been looking around and really can't find a definite value for them. How much would you value a set of 10 with minimal scratching to a few of them? Just curious more then anything.

Last edited by BlueEagle; Dec 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM.
BlueEagle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:58 AM   #7
Anonymous Freak
macrumors 601

Put the entire set on eBay as a single item, with no reserve, reasonably low starting price, long auction time. Get lots of high-quality photos, do your research, write a long, detailed auction description. (Heck, include a segment on each poster - including a one-sentence biography of each person!)

Once you put it on eBay, advertise the living bejezzus out of it on every Mac enthusiast news site there is. (Submit it as a story, etc.)

It *WILL* get covered, and it will sell for over $1000.

20" Aluminum iMac 7,1 (mid-2007, Santa Rosa,) upgraded to 2.6 GHz Penryn, 6 GB RAM, 1 TB HD, 4 TB total external hard drive
Anonymous Freak is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Apple Collectors