Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:20 PM   #51
RedCroissant
macrumors 68000
 
RedCroissant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUY767 View Post
Wow. . . It took page two before the anti-semitic comments started.
When you say anti-semitic, I assume you mean anti-Israeli(which would be the more appropriate statement). This is due to the fact that Palestinians are ALSO a semitic people.

This way, anyone that takes sides against either the Israelis or Palestinians is an anti-semite. Hooray.
__________________
Welcome to the Grid, Program.

27" iMac, 3.2GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 3TB HDD; 32GB iPad 1 WiFi+3G; 30GB iPod Video 5G
RedCroissant is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 01:43 PM   #52
Shaun, UK
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUY767 View Post
Wow. . . It took page two before the anti-semitic comments started.
There is a big difference between anti-Israeli and anti-semitic and if you didn't have your head up your ass you'd realise that.

I don't agree with what Apple is doing there and I'm willing to say that loud and clear.
Shaun, UK is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 04:30 PM   #53
Dooger
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinsjca View Post
I have no issue whatsoever calling Chomsky anti-Semitic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamGabbay View Post
Too bad Noam Chompsky is associated [if he himself is not one] with antisemitism.
And therein lies the problem. You defend Israel's brutal occupation by ignoring the facts and attacking the man. I dared you to do it, and you did. Thanks for proving my point.

Btw ScottishDuck, kudos for the irony comment, it's a sad state of affairs.
Dooger is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:20 PM   #54
sjinsjca
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
And therein lies the problem. You defend Israel's brutal occupation by ignoring the facts and attacking the man. I dared you to do it, and you did.
The man has a long, long history of remarks which don't hold up under scrutiny-- enough to form a clear pattern.

As to Israel's "brutal" "occupation," seems you're missing a few facts yourself. Here's one to research: why haven't the "Palestinians" been welcomed with open arms by their brethren in other countries? Hint: it wasn't called Black September because it was puckishly mordant.
sjinsjca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:11 AM   #55
Dooger
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinsjca View Post
The man has a long, long history of remarks which don't hold up under scrutiny-- enough to form a clear pattern.
What sort of scrutiny? When he says that the Israeli airforce attacks a population with no anti-aircraft defense does it fall apart under your icy cold stare?

Quote:
As to Israel's "brutal" "occupation," seems you're missing a few facts yourself. Here's one to research: why haven't the "Palestinians" been welcomed with open arms by their brethren in other countries? Hint: it wasn't called Black September because it was puckishly mordant.
Why should Palestinians be welcomed anywhere with open arms? Why should they leave their homes? What would they possibly be fleeing from? Ethnic cleansing perhaps?
As for Black September: you're kidding, right? Black September was formed with the intention of overthrowing the Jordanian king who was a pawn of the US and Israel (much like the Shah was in Iran, backed by his murderous Savak secret police).

Btw, your use here of the term 'puckishly mordant' is abysmal. In fact, I'm a little embarrassed for you. It's cute, but completely out of context. Nice try, though.
Dooger is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:24 AM   #56
Overg
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post
There is a big difference between anti-Israeli and anti-semitic and if you didn't have your head up your ass you'd realise that.

I don't agree with what Apple is doing there and I'm willing to say that loud and clear.
While you don't agree with what Apple is doing there, because of Israel politics, do you agree with the following :

1) Syria leader killing thousand of people on daily basis.
2) same goes with every other country in that area around Israel

I wonder why I don't see any of the people in the UN say ANYTHING about what is going on those area of the world.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
What sort of scrutiny? When he says that the Israeli airforce attacks a population with no anti-aircraft defense does it fall apart under your icy cold stare?



Why should Palestinians be welcomed anywhere with open arms? Why should they leave their homes? What would they possibly be fleeing from? Ethnic cleansing perhaps?
As for Black September: you're kidding, right? Black September was formed with the intention of overthrowing the Jordanian king who was a pawn of the US and Israel (much like the Shah was in Iran, backed by his murderous Savak secret police).

Btw, your use here of the term 'puckishly mordant' is abysmal. In fact, I'm a little embarrassed for you. It's cute, but completely out of context. Nice try, though.
Why on earth the Palestinians will launch thousand of rockets from Gaza strip (daily) to schools and high density population area in Israel .
while the Israel state gave them every inch of Gaza back, as they wanted?
Can you explain the logic?

Why when Israel left Gaza the Hamas (terror group like EL kaida, in case anyone forget ) took over instead of the Palestinians?

Why Iran send thousand of rockets and ammunition to the Gaza strip instead of food, water, and medicine? (while Israel continue to do so?)
Overg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:46 AM   #57
Shaun, UK
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overg View Post
While you don't agree with what Apple is doing there, because of Israel politics, do you agree with the following :

1) Syria leader killing thousand of people on daily basis.
2) same goes with every other country in that area around Israel

I wonder why I don't see any of the people in the UN say ANYTHING about what is going on those area of the world.
1) No I don't agree with that

2) That's BS. Not every country is doing that

3) You obviously don't watch the news do you because plenty has been said in the UN about these issues

You seem to forget to mention the fact that Israel has once again indiscriminately killed many innocent Palestinian women and children in their latest military action.

I think the recent UN vote clearly demonstrates what the rest of the world think of Israel and how most right minded people support the Palestinian cause.

Apartheid Israel is no different to apartheid South Africa and I don't think Apple should be supporting such a regime.
Shaun, UK is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:05 AM   #58
Overg
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post
1) No I don't agree with that

2) That's BS. Not every country is doing that

3) You obviously don't watch the news do you because plenty has been said in the UN about these issues

You seem to forget to mention the fact that Israel has once again indiscriminately killed many innocent Palestinian women and children in their latest military action.

I think the recent UN vote clearly demonstrates what the rest of the world think of Israel and how most right minded people support the Palestinian cause.

Apartheid Israel is no different to apartheid South Africa and I don't think Apple should be supporting such a regime.
Funny how you turn facts around. interesting.

quote :

"You seem to forget to mention the fact that Israel has once again indiscriminately killed many innocent Palestinian women and children in their latest military action.
"

Did you ask yourself why the military action (which was totally right.) started? how about take the history clock and move it backwards few days before the military action? ( or years..)
Have you read the news in that time frame, of the rockets that Hamas launch to Israel, on daily basis without any reason at all?
Have you read the news that Israel didn't do A THING to Gaza, and asked day after day to stop this madness of rockets?


Do you or any of your relatives will tolerate more then thousand rockets launched on your house in UK daily! , what do you think the British government will do?

How many rockets will you and your government will tolerate on London before they will react? (1 missile? 2? 1000000? )

And again I remind you that those rockets being launched with no reason at all. ( there is a reason to eliminate Israel)

How do you think Israel should have responded after the 1000 rocket? and after explaining over and over to Hamas, Egypt, and the world that this state is unbearable .

What do you allow to a country to do in this state? when all negations fail, and the other side keep shooting rockets on your children school (DAILY! ) ?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ????

And about Apple believe me, Apple, you and all the readers here, and apple users in the world will enjoy greatly from the Israeli minds.

Last edited by Overg; Dec 5, 2012 at 09:47 AM.
Overg is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:58 PM   #59
Dooger
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overg View Post
Funny how you turn facts around. interesting.

quote :

"You seem to forget to mention the fact that Israel has once again indiscriminately killed many innocent Palestinian women and children in their latest military action.
"

Did you ask yourself why the military action (which was totally right.) started? how about take the history clock and move it backwards few days before the military action? ( or years..)
Have you read the news in that time frame, of the rockets that Hamas launch to Israel, on daily basis without any reason at all?
Have you read the news that Israel didn't do A THING to Gaza, and asked day after day to stop this madness of rockets?


Do you or any of your relatives will tolerate more then thousand rockets launched on your house in UK daily! , what do you think the British government will do?

How many rockets will you and your government will tolerate on London before they will react? (1 missile? 2? 1000000? )

And again I remind you that those rockets being launched with no reason at all. ( there is a reason to eliminate Israel)

How do you think Israel should have responded after the 1000 rocket? and after explaining over and over to Hamas, Egypt, and the world that this state is unbearable .

What do you allow to a country to do in this state? when all negations fail, and the other side keep shooting rockets on your children school (DAILY! ) ?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ????

And about Apple believe me, Apple, you and all the readers here, and apple users in the world will enjoy greatly from the Israeli minds.
Wow. Who's been slurping the Kool Aid?

Rockets being fired for no reason at all, eh?
What about the ongoing settlement building, in direct contravention of the Geneva convention which forbids settlement of occupied territories?
Your own Prime Minister even increased settlement building as punishment for the Palestinians seeking (and gaining) UN observer nation status. The major European governments were so incensed by this that they pulled in the Israeli ambassadors to admonish them for such a childish act of petulance.

It's an apartheid state that's losing friends fast, while Palestinian sympathy grows (just look at the UN statehood vote results).

Shame on Apple for getting involved in this place.

Btw, you asked Shaun what he would do in Israel's position. Shaun's people were attacked and bombed for many years by the IRA, yet the British government never bulldozed villages or sent in helicopter gunships to attack the populace.

The illegal settlements (and the psychopathic settlers) have to go before any sort of lasting peace can be attained. I just wonder whether Israel really wants peace at all.
Dooger is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:22 PM   #60
Overg
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
Wow. Who's been slurping the Kool Aid?

Rockets being fired for no reason at all, eh?
What about the ongoing settlement building, in direct contravention of the Geneva convention which forbids settlement of occupied territories?
Your own Prime Minister even increased settlement building as punishment for the Palestinians seeking (and gaining) UN observer nation status. The major European governments were so incensed by this that they pulled in the Israeli ambassadors to admonish them for such a childish act of petulance.

It's an apartheid state that's losing friends fast, while Palestinian sympathy grows (just look at the UN statehood vote results).

Shame on Apple for getting involved in this place.

Btw, you asked Shaun what he would do in Israel's position. Shaun's people were attacked and bombed for many years by the IRA, yet the British government never bulldozed villages or sent in helicopter gunships to attack the populace.

The illegal settlements (and the psychopathic settlers) have to go before any sort of lasting peace can be attained. I just wonder whether Israel really wants peace at all.
Funny, are you aware of the meaning of apartheid, that you and mr uk here talk about.

As far as I recall apartheid means that you take people rights to vote, and rule them.
If we look on today Palestinian state, please tell me, is Israel ( in gaza case) ruling them in any way?
Answer : no
Do they have the right to vote?
Answer: yes they do, they choose Hamas in gaza. And in the West Bank they choose Palestinian authority.

So I don't understand why you and Uk here keep saying apartheid?
Care to explain?
Also on what settlement are you talking in gaza? There is none.

Can you tell me please why a month after Israel withdrawal from every inch of gaza, the Hamas took over and start shooting rockets to Israel ?
What was the reason ? Israel left the place as they wanted, gave them all, as the world wanted, and still instead of investing in education, they invest in building this low- lame- tech rockets?
Can you tell me please what was el kayde purpose of demolishing the twins tower in NYC? On what area/ settlement USA was standing?

West Bank? Are you kidding me? The people who live there enjoy prosperity they can only dream under any Arab regime.
Comapre gaza, Egypt, Syria, and West Bank and tell me who is having a better life?
When was the last time 10000 people was killed on daily basis in the West Bank.
Why Jordan nor Egypt want to take their citizens back or help them, if you recall Gaza located on the north of Egypt for many years, while the West Bank was Jordan part for many years.
Can you imagine for example French civilians situated at north of Spain suffer ( as you say) every day from the north Spain regime and France don't want to take them back?

Also ask yourself why apple choose to build r&d center in Israel and not in UK, or any other Europe country in that matter.

Last edited by Overg; Dec 5, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
Overg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 01:43 AM   #61
Mr. Retrofire
macrumors 601
 
Mr. Retrofire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: www.emiliana.cl
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCroissant View Post
When you say anti-semitic, I assume you mean anti-Israeli(which would be the more appropriate statement). This is due to the fact that Palestinians are ALSO a semitic people.

This way, anyone that takes sides against either the Israelis or Palestinians is an anti-semite. Hooray.
Thank you! :-)
__________________

“Only the dead have seen the end of the war.”
-- Plato --
Mr. Retrofire is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 01:59 AM   #62
Mr. Retrofire
macrumors 601
 
Mr. Retrofire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: www.emiliana.cl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadhil View Post
Lol that's how they make people feel guilty about dissing Israelis. Heck they even call Semites, anti-Semites
Similar to:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1178420.html
???

Quote:
Thousands of ultra-Orthodox Jews gathered Saturday night in Jerusalem to protest what they say is a nationwide campaign directed against their lifestyle. The protesters called Israeli policemen Nazis, wore yellow Star of David patches with the word "Jude" – German for Jew – dressed their children in striped black-and-white uniforms associated with Nazi concentration camps and transported them in the back of a truck.

Israel's Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial denounced the use of Nazi imagery as "disgraceful," and several other survivors' groups and politicians condemned the acts.
;-)

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post
Apartheid Israel is no different to apartheid South Africa and I don't think Apple should be supporting such a regime.
Apple supports development.
__________________

“Only the dead have seen the end of the war.”
-- Plato --
Mr. Retrofire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 06:29 AM   #63
Dooger
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overg View Post
Funny, are you aware of the meaning of apartheid, that you and mr uk here talk about.

As far as I recall apartheid means that you take people rights to vote, and rule them.
If we look on today Palestinian state, please tell me, is Israel ( in gaza case) ruling them in any way?
Answer : no
Do they have the right to vote?
Answer: yes they do, they choose Hamas in gaza. And in the West Bank they choose Palestinian authority.

So I don't understand why you and Uk here keep saying apartheid?
Care to explain?
Also on what settlement are you talking in gaza? There is none.

Can you tell me please why a month after Israel withdrawal from every inch of gaza, the Hamas took over and start shooting rockets to Israel ?
What was the reason ? Israel left the place as they wanted, gave them all, as the world wanted, and still instead of investing in education, they invest in building this low- lame- tech rockets?
Can you tell me please what was el kayde purpose of demolishing the twins tower in NYC? On what area/ settlement USA was standing?

West Bank? Are you kidding me? The people who live there enjoy prosperity they can only dream under any Arab regime.
Comapre gaza, Egypt, Syria, and West Bank and tell me who is having a better life?
When was the last time 10000 people was killed on daily basis in the West Bank.


Also ask yourself why apple choose to build r&d center in Israel and not in UK, or any other Europe country in that matter.
Come now, Overg, do you think we're stupid?
Israel isn't so daft as to prevent Palestinians from voting. They can vote, but then the Israeli government withholds tax revenue from Hamas and the PA thus preventing the Palestinians' elected representatives from actually governing them. It's a sneaky method of apartheid, but it's still apartheid.

Oh, and then they assassinate key party members of Hamas such as Ahmed Al-Jaabari. According to Gershon Baskin, Jaabari was working on the final stages of a ceasefire. Why would Israel possibly want to assassinate a man who would seek to stop the war? Is it possibly because Palestinians had realised the futility of war and instead decided to seek Palestinian statehood through the UN? A lack of war would mean Israel would have no excuse for its illegal occupation. (Oh, and I guess you're gonna tell me that Gershon Baskin is anti-semitic).

Why do you bring up 9/11? You're referring to an Afghanistani organisation headed by a Saudi. This obfuscation is pathetic.

Quote:
Why Jordan nor Egypt want to take their citizens back or help them, if you recall Gaza located on the north of Egypt for many years, while the West Bank was Jordan part for many years.
Can you imagine for example French civilians situated at north of Spain suffer ( as you say) every day from the north Spain regime and France don't want to take them back?
They do want them back. Have you never heard of the demands to return to the 1967 borders? What is it with you people stealing land?

Finally, Overg, I wonder why you keep avoiding the ongoing settlement building and the contravention of the Geneva convention. Please tell me why it continues if Israel is so committed to peace?
Dooger is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:37 AM   #64
Overg
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
Come now, Overg, do you think we're stupid?
Israel isn't so daft as to prevent Palestinians from voting. They can vote, but then the Israeli government withholds tax revenue from Hamas and the PA thus preventing the Palestinians' elected representatives from actually governing them. It's a sneaky method of apartheid, but it's still apartheid.
Tax revenue? for a moment there I was confused , robbed my eyes for hundred times to make sure I was reading correctly ?
Tax ? tax is something that regular country have, ( usually western...) not a land controlled by terror regime (Hamas) that take all the money the world give to this area to support the poor, and plug it into the terror machine, building rockets, camp for suicide bombers.
(do you read the news at all? or just mac rumours?)
Where all the trillions of dollars went? ah?


it is now well known fact that all the money that Israel and the world gave Araft ,(who considered mistakenly, by prim minster Rabin a piece advocate), to help the Palestinian in Gaza and the west bank, went to build army of suicide bombers. the rest went to his wife and himself, to build huge and fancy castle, as the it usually happen in this kind of regime that's no difference then Hussain Sadam.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
Oh, and then they assassinate key party members of Hamas such as Ahmed Al-Jaabari. According to Gershon Baskin, Jaabari was working on the final stages of a ceasefire. Why would Israel possibly want to assassinate a man who would seek to stop the war? Is it possibly because Palestinians had realised the futility of war and instead decided to seek Palestinian statehood through the UN? A lack of war would mean Israel would have no excuse for its illegal occupation. (Oh, and I guess you're gonna tell me that Gershon Baskin is anti-semitic).
Ahmed Jaabari got what he deserves, as well as the rest of his company, all those jokers should know a one clear fact, when you build, plan, and send suicide bombers, send rockets on children school or hurt Israelis in any way.
Israel will get you, it might take some time, but your clock is ticking.

Jaabari was mass murder psychopath! , would you negotiate with bin laden??



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
Why do you bring up 9/11? You're referring to an Afghanistani organisation headed by a Saudi. This obfuscation is pathetic.
no it is not.
your lack of understanding the situation and the global terror chain is the problem.

it's exactly the same groups, controlled by one big investor - Iran.
you and all the Europe community better wake up and smell the coffee.
People in Israel are the the front of this terror extremist regimes , and suffer this craziness on daily basis for years.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
They do want them back. Have you never heard of the demands to return to the 1967 borders? What is it with you people stealing land?
No THEY DON'T WANT THEM BACK, learn history, and read the news, they want to build another state between Egypt - Israel, Jordan and Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
Finally, Overg, I wonder why you keep avoiding the ongoing settlement building and the contravention of the Geneva convention. Please tell me why it continues if Israel is so committed to peace?
Finally in order to answer that I need to take you back to 48, and this will be a really long answer, but I can give you one point to learn and think of:

let's take the Golan heights for example, which belong to Syria, for many years, the world community where debating to return the Golan to Syria, for the sake of peace.

consider the mass murder that is going on in Syria for few month, combine with the unstable politic and crazy regime that rule this area,chaos. what would you think would have happened to Israel if those land were returned to this psycho ?



Also look on Egypt, Israel return Sinai after youm Kipur huge war, and made an historic peace with them, now unstable regime start to raise there, that say : they don't ' accept the peace paper any more, and they want to look into it again.

you have to understand Israel is very small country, the only sophisticated western country in this area, around Israel there is terror groups, third unstable world regimes, and crazy leaders, that change their mind every few years. we need security, our neighbours ( sadly ) isn't the Europe community ).

maybe this example will help:
imagine England, surrounded by three countries with super unstable crazy regime. would you return any piece of your land to those psycho ?

Braking news...here we are talking, what do you know... this just came out now..:
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/06/wo...sts/index.html
Syria 2....

Last edited by Overg; Dec 6, 2012 at 09:44 AM.
Overg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 09:58 AM   #65
Shaun, UK
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overg View Post
Funny how you turn facts around. interesting.

quote :

"You seem to forget to mention the fact that Israel has once again indiscriminately killed many innocent Palestinian women and children in their latest military action.
"

Did you ask yourself why the military action (which was totally right.) started? how about take the history clock and move it backwards few days before the military action? ( or years..)
Have you read the news in that time frame, of the rockets that Hamas launch to Israel, on daily basis without any reason at all?
Have you read the news that Israel didn't do A THING to Gaza, and asked day after day to stop this madness of rockets?


Do you or any of your relatives will tolerate more then thousand rockets launched on your house in UK daily! , what do you think the British government will do?

How many rockets will you and your government will tolerate on London before they will react? (1 missile? 2? 1000000? )

And again I remind you that those rockets being launched with no reason at all. ( there is a reason to eliminate Israel)

How do you think Israel should have responded after the 1000 rocket? and after explaining over and over to Hamas, Egypt, and the world that this state is unbearable .

What do you allow to a country to do in this state? when all negations fail, and the other side keep shooting rockets on your children school (DAILY! ) ?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ????

And about Apple believe me, Apple, you and all the readers here, and apple users in the world will enjoy greatly from the Israeli minds.
Do you read the news?

1) The reason Hamas started firing rockets into Israel again is because Israel has been assassinating Hamas leaders one by one over the past few months. Would the Israeli's stand back and not retaliate if someone was assassinating their political leaders? I don't think so.

2) Israel is an apartheid regime because there is widespread discrimination against Arab Israeli's. But don't take my word for it - a recent poll in Israel showed that a majority of Israeli's believe they have an apartheid regime. Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...y-8223548.html

3) The UK and it's citizens are well versed in the horrors of terrorism having been subject to IRA terrorism for many years and more recently Al Qaeda terrorism. But we didn't wholesale carpet bomb the hell out of Belfast. We sought to uphold the law and eventually secure a peace settlement.

4) The Israeli's don't want peace. Every time the negotiators get close they scupper it by antagonising Hamas or some other group into retaliating and hey presto the talks stall. The Israeli's want to keep the West Bank, build on it and eventually push out all the Palestinians so all they are left with is two tiny and divided pieces of land in Gaza and a small part of the West Bank.

5) Companies like Apple who put operations in Israel are effectively supporting the regime. When I started in the computer industry the company I worked for had operations in apartheid South Africa. I fought hard internally to get them to change that policy. The money Apple gives by way of wages and taxes simply helps to fuel the Israeli military killing machine. In that respect Apple has blood on their hands.

It's only through direct action that things will change. The vast majority of people around the world support the Palestinian cause for freedom from Israeli oppression and slavery. I hope the UN vote is one more step towards achieving that goal. War and killing people will never solve this problem. It takes a big man to stand up and fight for a peace settlement. I'm not convinced Israel or the US has such a political leader or if they ever will have. One lives in hope.
Shaun, UK is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:03 AM   #66
Overg
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post
Do you read the news?

1) The reason Hamas started firing rockets into Israel again is because Israel has been assassinating Hamas leaders one by one over the past few months. Would the Israeli's stand back and not retaliate if someone was assassinating their political leaders? I don't think so.
no, wrong, and wrong again.
let's look back who started it all, when we left Gaza as the Palestinians demanded, and as the rest of the world wanted, few month after a shower of rockets came from Gaza (especially from the p[laces that Israel left.) , can you explain why ? you seem to ignore it. don't take a random piece of time and start measuring from that point, start from point zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post
2) Israel is an apartheid regime because there is widespread discrimination against Arab Israeli's. But don't take my word for it - a recent poll in Israel showed that a majority of Israeli's believe they have an apartheid regime. Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...y-8223548.html
Now this is completely different subject, not related what so ever to the Palestinians, but if you start this one and want to be knowledgeable in this subj, so be it :
The facts are :
- Israeli Arab enjoy life that they never dreamt in any regime around us.
They can vote to Israel Knest, they have people that represent them in the Knest, many parties actually. There are many famous, one in particular is Achmed Tibi.
-They carry Israeli citizenship and passport.
- they don't pay taxes ( while they should, as every other citizen does) , they build illegally in their zone (for example adding more floors to the building, something forbidden by Israeli law, without the proper papers) and the police don't go there and don't bother them.
they actually doing what they want, plus enjoying a really good democracy where they can say what they want, on the Knest stage, instead of being butchered like their friends in the Syria side.
- they have schools, gardens, like every major city in Israel. you should come and visit them , and tell me if this looks like an apartheid regime, most of them drive fancy cars.








Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post
3) The UK and it's citizens are well versed in the horrors of terrorism having been subject to IRA terrorism for many years and more recently Al Qaeda terrorism. But we didn't wholesale carpet bomb the hell out of Belfast. We sought to uphold the law and eventually secure a peace settlement.
IRA is different from the Hamas, most of the times, they would have called to warn on a bomb.
Those are people with country that you can negotiate with.

I suggest you look around on Europe, and see the ticking bomb, eventually it will blow in the Europien face, I wonder what will yo u do then.
Will you massacrer 6 millions? like Germany did to the Jaws?
Will you start a major land occupation around the world as Britain did all over the history. conquer and kicking the natives out, like you did in New Zealand, Australia, and many more ?

When the **** hit the fan in Europe, you start to loose it, but, when it is you , it is OK , right ?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post
4) The Israeli's don't want peace. Every time the negotiators get close they scupper it by antagonising Hamas or some other group into retaliating and hey presto the talks stall. The Israeli's want to keep the West Bank, build on it and eventually push out all the Palestinians so all they are left with is two tiny and divided pieces of land in Gaza and a small part of the West Bank.
Again wrong, look a t the time Arafat was in control, and Ehod Bark was Prime minister, Ehod Barak was willing to Give Arafat pretty much more or less every thing (!) including parts of Jerusalem ( which was never ever mentioned in any biblical book of the Islam, but hey why not lie and invent more stuff that never existed just to get more land)
This is not the first time in the history where the Arabs were giving what they wanted and they retreated. look back on the year 48, when your country wanted to split Israel to two states 70% of the area would go to the Arabs , the rest to Israel.
They said NO! and start a war over the rest of the area, can you explain this idiotic logic?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post
5) Companies like Apple who put operations in Israel are effectively supporting the regime. When I started in the computer industry the company I worked for had operations in apartheid South Africa. I fought hard internally to get them to change that policy. The money Apple gives by way of wages and taxes simply helps to fuel the Israeli military killing machine. In that respect Apple has blood on their hands.

It's only through direct action that things will change. The vast majority of people around the world support the Palestinian cause for freedom from Israeli oppression and slavery. I hope the UN vote is one more step towards achieving that goal. War and killing people will never solve this problem. It takes a big man to stand up and fight for a peace settlement. I'm not convinced Israel or the US has such a political leader or if they ever will have. One lives in hope.
You know Shaun, you can skip on Apple things and buy different stuff, you can throw your Iphone, which already use many of the technology the was invented in Israel, you can skip the PC, as AMD and Intel chips are made in Israel (made yes), not only develop.
After all no one is forcing you to buy Apple stuff or other technology that is made by "apartheid" country.

In the end I encourage you to see this movie about what the international law is saying about settlement and 1967.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNzOUOvBpgo
(by well respected prof.)
Overg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:57 AM   #67
RedCroissant
macrumors 68000
 
RedCroissant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Retrofire View Post
Thank you! :-)
You're welcome. It's amazing what can happen with a "teeny tiny bit of education."
__________________
Welcome to the Grid, Program.

27" iMac, 3.2GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 3TB HDD; 32GB iPad 1 WiFi+3G; 30GB iPod Video 5G
RedCroissant is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:38 PM   #68
sjinsjca
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
Btw, your use here of the term 'puckishly mordant' is abysmal. In fact, I'm a little embarrassed for you. It's cute, but completely out of context. Nice try, though.
Touchy much? My black humor about the Black September moniker clearly flew over your head. Sorry about that.

But at least you tacitly acknowledged the origin of the "Palestinians," whose attempt to overthrow the Jordanian king resulted in their expulsion from Jordan. It was a nice if tiresomely predictable little left-wing fan-dance you attempted about US puppetry etc etc... good try at a diversion, but I'm hoping few readers succumbed to it.

Fact: The boundaries of the latter-day Israel were established by the nascent UN. The new country's neighbors immediately attempted to annihilate it. (This was long before the present-day "Palestinians" emerged from their flight from Jordan to become the valuable pawns and grievance chorus they are today, yet Hamas' charter still has as its centerpiece the goal of annihilation of Israel.)

It's been one attack on Israel after another since then. And besides the incessant assaults since the dawn of Israel's founding, the one constant is the ability of folks like you to ignore events like the "Palestinian" launches of unguided missiles (yes-- missiles, from the folks whom Chomsky claims have "no heavy weapons, no artillery units") into residential areas within Israel... from launchers staged in Palestinian residential areas, near hospitals, mosques, schools, etc., so any attempt by Israel to defend itself may be spotlighted by Israel's enemies as an atrocity.

In spite of all this and despite its tiny size (smaller than California's San Bernardino County) and hardscrabble beginnings just six decades ago, Israel's economic, social, technological and scientific achievements are astounding. Its economy exceeds that of the non-petroleum economies of the rest of the Middle East combined. Women are equals; gays are accepted; muslims serve as full peers in the Knesset... and now the country will be contributing to Apple's R&D, perhaps doing for Apple what it did for Intel, whose mainstream chip architecture took a huge leap based on Israeli developments that led to the Core family.

Really, I wish for nothing more than for the rest of the Middle East to take a break from the strife and violence and channel the attitudes, ethics and inclusiveness that have made such a difference in Israel.
sjinsjca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:41 PM   #69
intothepolis
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pandora
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinsjca View Post
Touchy much? My black humor about the Black September moniker clearly flew over your head. Sorry about that.

But at least you tacitly acknowledged the origin of the "Palestinians," whose attempt to overthrow the Jordanian king resulted in their expulsion from Jordan. It was a nice if tiresomely predictable little left-wing fan-dance you attempted about US puppetry etc etc... good try at a diversion, but I'm hoping few readers succumbed to it.

Fact: The boundaries of the latter-day Israel were established by the nascent UN. The new country's neighbors immediately attempted to annihilate it. (This was long before the present-day "Palestinians" emerged from their flight from Jordan to become the valuable pawns and grievance chorus they are today, yet Hamas' charter still has as its centerpiece the goal of annihilation of Israel.)

It's been one attack on Israel after another since then. And besides the incessant assaults since the dawn of Israel's founding, the one constant is the ability of folks like you to ignore events like the "Palestinian" launches of unguided missiles (yes-- missiles, from the folks whom Chomsky claims have "no heavy weapons, no artillery units") into residential areas within Israel... from launchers staged in Palestinian residential areas, near hospitals, mosques, schools, etc., so any attempt by Israel to defend itself may be spotlighted by Israel's enemies as an atrocity.

In spite of all this and despite its tiny size (smaller than California's San Bernardino County) and hardscrabble beginnings just six decades ago, Israel's economic, social, technological and scientific achievements are astounding. Its economy exceeds that of the non-petroleum economies of the rest of the Middle East combined. Women are equals; gays are accepted; muslims serve as full peers in the Knesset... and now the country will be contributing to Apple's R&D, perhaps doing for Apple what it did for Intel, whose mainstream chip architecture took a huge leap based on Israeli developments that led to the Core family.

Really, I wish for nothing more than for the rest of the Middle East to take a break from the strife and violence and channel the attitudes, ethics and inclusiveness that have made such a difference in Israel.
Laughing at both of you for wasting your time arguing on the internet.
intothepolis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:49 AM   #70
Overg
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by intothepolis View Post
Laughing at both of you for wasting your time arguing on the internet. :D
And arguing on the street is better?
You know that behind today computer seats human...
Overg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:23 PM   #71
Mr. Retrofire
macrumors 601
 
Mr. Retrofire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: www.emiliana.cl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overg View Post
And arguing on the street is better?
Yes! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha... ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overg View Post
You know that behind today computer seats human...
Oh, really!? Interesting.
__________________

“Only the dead have seen the end of the war.”
-- Plato --
Mr. Retrofire is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple Hiring Engineers and Supply Chain Managers in Asia to Speed Up Production MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 45 Mar 11, 2014 11:48 AM
Apple Hiring Chip Engineers for 'Orlando Design Center' MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 25 Apr 17, 2013 07:48 PM
Apple Hiring for Wireless 802.11ac System Test Engineers MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 102 Apr 1, 2013 03:20 PM
tablets: Amazon In Advanced Talks To Buy Texas Instruments’ Mobile Chip Business gto55 Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 0 Oct 15, 2012 05:22 AM
Dear Texas Instruments, moonman239 Mac Peripherals 0 Jun 26, 2012 06:13 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC