Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 8, 2012, 12:45 PM   #126
riverpoet
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by a0me View Post
What's wrong with TV:

ImageImage
Agree 100%. Also, one remote isn't so bad, but currently I have IPTV and use TV's remote only to turn it on and occasionally for volume control. Then there's IPTV set top box remote. Then there's A/V receiver's remote. Oh, and media streamer remote (luckily, there's an app for that one). Good god.

I think Apple will mainly re-imagine the interface. These days we have many "smart TV", but their interfaces are just horrible. I never ever used anything other than DLNA client on my Sony TV, it's just painful to use even that. Interface also needs to solve programming - I remember times when we had like 20 channels. Now there's 100+ or even more. And I watch maybe 10. I don't have time to search which channel has something interesting. EPGs are a joke. Much much can be done here... User profiles, group family profile, favorite shows, genres, sports, sport teams, actors, you name it. Then a always-up-to-date curated programming guide and a smart interface which helps you find stuff to watch or even does that for you entirely. "Genius" for TV.
riverpoet is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion