Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:56 PM   #1
stevo8
macrumors 6502

When getting a replacement will they let me change colors?

My 5 has been shutting off periodically and when they checked it out at the Genius Bar they told me if it keeps doing it after they change firmware then they will swap it out. It's a pain to go in so I'm wondering if there's a chance they would replace my black phone for a white one? The black bezel just gets messed up far too easy.
stevo8 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:10 AM   #2
mobilehaathi
macrumors 601

Perhaps. Call them!
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:11 AM   #3
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

no
tymaster50 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:14 AM   #4
SomeDudeAsking
macrumors 65816

No, they will not allow you to change colors pet official policy. But if you make a big scene about how poor the quality is on the iPhone 5 and how cheap and bad the finish is (all true BTW), then you might get lucky.
SomeDudeAsking is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:23 AM   #5
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Nope they will not.
Jordan921 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:50 AM   #6
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDudeAsking View Post
No, they will not allow you to change colors pet official policy. But if you make a big scene about how poor the quality is on the iPhone 5 and how cheap and bad the finish is (all true BTW), then you might get lucky.
They still won't replace it. Ever see that simpsons episode where krusty walked in the apple store and caused a fuss but nobody was paying attention to him? That's what will happen here .
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:16 AM   #7
docal97
macrumors 6502a

They will only replace like for like. Only way would possibly if they didn't have your size and model in stock and someone made an excepiton.
docal97 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:29 AM   #8
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Get a bumper of the opposite color. It works, next best thing to what u want.
Mrbobb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:00 AM   #9
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

Quote:
No need to spew your opinion in every thread you visit. It may true for you, but not true for everyone.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:04 AM   #10
SomeDudeAsking
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastoholic View Post
No need to spew your opinion in every thread you visit. It may true for you, but not true for everyone.
It's true here.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:06 AM   #11
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

Quote:
It's true here.
and again, not for everyone. My bezel is still in near perfect condition minus a drop I had.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:28 AM   #12
SWPROX
macrumors member

Quote:
It's true here.
Quote:
and again, not for everyone. My bezel is still in near perfect condition minus a drop I had.
Same here and for millions others, a few bad % doesnt mean all the iP5's are faulty.
SWPROX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:32 AM   #13
yateseyd1991
macrumors regular

Only if you purchased your iPhone from the Apple Store and are under the 14 days return policy will you be able to swap colours

iPhone 5 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB Black, iPhone 1st Gen 8GB Sealed, iPod Video 5.5G 120GB, Shure SE425's
yateseyd1991 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:34 AM   #14
SomeDudeAsking
macrumors 65816

Quote:
When we have daily threads about the poor finish of the iPhone 5 where people have stuff flaking off, it means that it has poor quality. I don't think you understand what true quality means.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:43 AM   #15
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Quote:
No matter how big of a scene he makes they will not replace with another color. Also my phone is not poor quality and the finish is not bad. Just because most people don't know how to take care of their expensive devices doesn't mean the finish is poor.
Jordan921 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:44 AM   #16
ThirteenXIII
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo8 View Post
My 5 has been shutting off periodically and when they checked it out at the Genius Bar they told me if it keeps doing it after they change firmware then they will swap it out. It's a pain to go in so I'm wondering if there's a chance they would replace my black phone for a white one? The black bezel just gets messed up far too easy.
If its having a legit issue, then they will swap it. they cant swap for another color as its all based on serial number and part number, just no feasible unfortunately for their logistic stand point.

Quote:
When we have daily threads about the poor finish of the iPhone 5 where people have stuff flaking off, it means that it has poor quality. I don't think you understand what true quality means.
Im certain they understand true quality...and this "issue" has been deemed resolved long ago. http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/25/...minum-product/
ThirteenXIII is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:20 PM   #17
FrozenDarkness
macrumors 6502a

I dont think its technically possible to give you a different product. Its all in the computer afterall
FrozenDarkness is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone