Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 20, 2008, 10:56 PM   #1
Samarium
macrumors 6502a

Safari- Facebook isnt working.

Hello everyone, is it me or Facebook.com doesnt works? I click everything, my profile the search button and no action. I dont have any other browser so i cant check. Can someone please check it out, or see if its for everyone. Thanks.

P.s. I have Safari V. 3.1.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 10:58 PM   #2
match311
macrumors member

Working fine here (Safari 3.1)
Old Mar 20, 2008, 10:59 PM   #3
kuebby
macrumors 68000

Works here as well. I am still having the problem though where I become logged out of Facebook when I was logged in and can't log back in until I restart Safari.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:01 PM   #4
Samarium
macrumors 6502a

I can enter my profile and everybody's else, but cant use the search on the left on home now.

Edit
Everything is messed up again, to see someones profile I have to open it in a new tab. Still the search, doesnt work.

Last edited by Samarium; Mar 20, 2008 at 11:11 PM.
Samarium is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:08 PM   #5
John01021988
macrumors 6502

A little off topic but..... STAY AWAY FROM FACEBOOK, ITS THE DEVIL! LOL my gf caught me drunk with 2 girls.... I was so wasted I didnt even remember what happened that night lol
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:12 PM   #6
Samarium
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by John01021988 View Post
A little off topic but..... STAY AWAY FROM FACEBOOK, ITS THE DEVIL! LOL my gf caught me drunk with 2 girls.... I was so wasted I didnt even remember what happened that night lol
Hahaha...

Last edited by Samarium; Mar 20, 2008 at 11:29 PM.
Samarium is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:39 PM   #7
Bonsai1214
macrumors 6502a

works fine for me. try redownloading safari. yeah, facebook is the devil. doing homework one minute, checking up on a friend from high school the next. then 2 hours later, you realize you still have homework to do..
Bonsai1214 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 04:37 PM   #8
violetmaria07
macrumors newbie

i am having this same exact problem. it's getting so annoying :/ i already tried reinstalling and it didn't fix the problem. any suggestions?
violetmaria07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2010, 06:08 PM   #9
ruhari
macrumors newbie

facebook safari solutions

To those who had facebook safari problems how are you doing now?
Did you solve the prob? Cause I have it too,its like a disease
using iMac 2002 Snowball

Last edited by ruhari; Aug 16, 2010 at 06:09 PM. Reason: wanted to be precise
ruhari is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2010, 06:11 PM   #10
ruhari
macrumors newbie

did u get it sorted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmaria07 View Post
i am having this same exact problem. it's getting so annoying :/ i already tried reinstalling and it didn't fix the problem. any suggestions?
Did u get it sorted And what processes worked for you ,thanks
ruhari is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2010, 07:12 PM   #11
nrajack
macrumors member

Facebook works fine in Safari 4.1.1 although I prefer Firefox for browsing - better control over cookies and FF has some really critical add-ons that Safari doesn't have (like to stop scripts, ads and such). Tiger 10.4.11 on Verizon FIOS. Remember that you have to have cookies enabled for Facebook to work.

Solution - use a real browser like Firefox and liberate yourself from Safari.
nrajack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:23 PM   #12
NidhiGautam
macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone, I bought this 13" Mac last year and did not buy the extended warranty. Now all of the sudden I got the error message on my startup screen saying "Kernel Panic". I took it to istore, they said there is some serious trouble with either its logic board, RAM or Hard-disk. When diagnosed as they said one of RAM has gone corrupted they removed one slot of 2 GB RAM and upgraded it to Mountain lion OS 10.8.2. But problem did not stop here.

I am unable to access Facebook, it shows the message - Safari cannot connect to server.Safari can't open the page "https://www.facebook.com/" because safari cannot connect to server "www.facebook.com". The weird thing is that I get the Facebook Notification .

My speakers all of the sudden stopped working. But following suggestions worked.
Step 1. Plug headphones in (donít worry, you wonít use them)
Step 2. Change System Preferences -> Sound -> Change Internal Speakers to an Input!
Step 3. Done!

Some one please help me. The istore people have stopped taking my calls now
NidhiGautam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:40 AM   #13
aly38dolly
macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem and I have tried clearing the cache with no luck. It doesn't load on Opera either, and I downloaded Firefox and Google Chrome but was told my software wouldn't run those programs. I am on an original macbook and am running OS X 10.5.8 but am told there are no software updates available. What can I do to get Facebook back?!
aly38dolly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:41 PM   #14
Chemmajor42
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NidhiGautam View Post
Hello Everyone, I bought this 13" Mac last year and did not buy the extended warranty. Now all of the sudden I got the error message on my startup screen saying "Kernel Panic". I took it to istore, they said there is some serious trouble with either its logic board, RAM or Hard-disk. When diagnosed as they said one of RAM has gone corrupted they removed one slot of 2 GB RAM and upgraded it to Mountain lion OS 10.8.2. But problem did not stop here.

I am unable to access Facebook, it shows the message - Safari cannot connect to server.Safari can't open the page "https://www.facebook.com/" because safari cannot connect to server "www.facebook.com". The weird thing is that I get the Facebook Notification .

My speakers all of the sudden stopped working. But following suggestions worked.
Step 1. Plug headphones in (donít worry, you wonít use them)
Step 2. Change System Preferences -> Sound -> Change Internal Speakers to an Input!
Step 3. Done!

Some one please help me. The istore people have stopped taking my calls now
I had the same problem with my 13" Mac. It started working less and less an I remember the kernel panic message. Took it to the apple tech at my college. thought it was the ram or hard drive crash, but it turned out to simply be the hard drive cable was bad. works fine now.
Chemmajor42 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store