Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OGmaC

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2012
WARNING: iTunes 11 is still BETA. We are once again unpaid beta testers for dwindling quality control. When will Cook be *****canned? With Jobs gone I fear it is the beginning of the end.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
Anyone else having the issue of apps not syncing off of their iDevices?

Yep, downloaded an app on my 4S last night and it wouldn't sync to iTunes on the computer. I had to go into iTunes and select File/Devices/Transfer Purchases, despite the fact I've got "Automatically sync new apps" turned on. Hope this gets fixed soon, kind of a pain.

This appears to be how Apple has designed iTunes 11 to work.

Another "workaround" is to do a Manual Backup to the computer - that also triggers an App sync.

itkindaworks

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
Anyone know how to search the music library on the connected devices in iTunes 11? In iTunes 10 if I was viewing, say my iPhone music library I could search for song in the iPhone's library. iTunes 11 either cannot do this or it is not readily apparent.

Thank you.
This! Why would they eliminate this feature?

Akwaaba

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2011
This! Why would they eliminate this feature?

Why would they delete the ability to view and export playlists in shuffled order? Cover Flow? Album Art area? Display Duplicates? Would such a shoddy iTunes update have been released if Steve Jobs were still at the helm? It seems to me that Apple is rapidly becoming the new Microsoft. Release it now and fix it later. Or not.

itkindaworks

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
Why would they delete the ability to view and export playlists in shuffled order? Cover Flow? Album Art area? Display Duplicates? Would such a shoddy iTunes update have been released if Steve Jobs were still at the helm? It seems to me that Apple is rapidly becoming the new Microsoft. Release it now and fix it later. Or not.
Agreed.

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
I have "Show iTunes in the Cloud" unchecked, but periodically when I launch iTunes it'll reset itself and suddenly my library is full of Cloud purchases. So I uncheck the box again, and it works for a while... and then it resets.

Anyone else have this issue?

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
I have "Show iTunes in the Cloud" unchecked, but periodically when I launch iTunes it'll reset itself and suddenly my library is full of Cloud purchases. So I uncheck the box again, and it works for a while... and then it resets.

Anyone else have this issue?

Yes, it is annoying. Hopefully one of the things they'll fix in the forthcoming update.

artypeguy

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2012
finding playlist on ipod in itunes 11

Can someone please tell me how to access the playlists on my ipod in iTunes 11. In the previous version when the ipod was connected it was in the left hand column. Now not so much. I am very frustrated right now. If there is not a way can someone please tell me how to go back to the old version.
Thanks
Dave

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Click on your iPod at the top right of the screen

Alternatively, View -> Show SideBar and then click on it at the left

Comet5o4

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2012
Asheville NC
Every time I switch between, lets say, my music tab and iTunes store and then go back to my music tab, it always resets to the beginning or A's and I have to find what I was listening to again... Maybe it's me but this is frustrating! I've tried turning off Search Entire Library, but that doesn't work. Any other ideas?

OGmaC

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2012
apple is too busy shrinking iGadgets and margins to bother beta testing core software. better to go on teevee and assure everyone that things are great rather than SHOWING HOW GREAT things are.

scary times.

andy.barron

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2006
Bedford, England
It needs one of the Apple employees to leave, start up his own business in competition & then Apple further down the line will bring him back to fix the fast spinning spiaral of mess it keeps creating.

just a thought.....:)

OGmaC

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2012
It needs one of the Apple employees to leave, start up his own business in competition & then Apple further down the line will bring him back to fix the fast spinning spiaral of mess it keeps creating.

just a thought.....:)

whatever it takes to get TC out and QC back in!

bat717

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2010
Devon, UK
I am probably just an idiot, but can anyone tell me how to STOP iTunes 11 automatically downloading app purchases? I've just updated iTunes on my old MBP, which I no longer use for syncing devices, so I have no need to have the apps on here. I have already deselected "sync apps" and "check for new purchases automatically", but it seems to have no effect and it goes ahead and downloads them anyway! My MBP is slow enough already, without iTunes downloading stuff I don't need!

Thanks.

ItWasNotMe

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2012
iTunes 11.0.1 still has global setting for shuffle rather than by playlist etc. Way beyond poor...

IzzyJG99

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
Not sure if anyone else has this problem or fixed it yet.

I was having issue where incoming connections kept asking for permission in iTunes 11.0. Happened whenever I had my iOS devices connected via Wi-Fi to sync. I found that the bug is created, at least for me, by update 10.6.3. to iTunes 11. So last night on a whim I decided to update to 10.7, restart and then download 11.0.1. Fixed the issue. So might help some people out there.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
My issue is that I ripped three cd's into iTunes 11, and they do not show up in 'Music', and do not show up in 'Songs' either, yet when I stick the CD into the drive, iTunes asks if I want to Replace the tracks.

The cd's are there, somewhere, but I can't for the life of me even come close to finding out where.

I'm at 'The Cube(TM)' in Manhattan, and no one there has any information, nor has heard of this happening before. The cute tech I talked too said that she secretly hates iTunes 11 too, and was wondering if this could be some kind of bizarre copy protection scheme from the labels that produced the discs.

The idea that the tracks are there is unquestionable, but where the heck is the music I ripped. This is just kinda not a good feeling... If this is copy protection, someone needs to break this soon...

iTunes 11 'dislikers', you are not alone...

The cd's that I ripped were Tre! from Green Day, and the Allman Brothers Stand Back dual CD set...

Last edited:

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
My issue is that I ripped three cd's into iTunes 11, and they do not show up in 'Music', and do not show up in 'Songs' either, yet when I stick the CD into the drive, iTunes asks if I want to Replace the tracks.

The cd's are there, somewhere, but I can't for the life of me even come close to finding out where.

I'm at 'The Cube(TM)' in Manhattan, and no one there has any information, nor has heard of this happening before. The cute tech I talked too said that she secretly hates iTunes 11 too, and was wondering if this could be some kind of bizarre copy protection scheme from the labels that produced the discs.

The idea that the tracks are there is unquestionable, but where the heck is the music I ripped. This is just kinda not a good feeling... If this is copy protection, someone needs to break this soon...

iTunes 11 'dislikers', you are not alone...

The cd's that I ripped were Tre! from Green Day, and the Allman Brothers Stand Back dual CD set...

I have heard of songs not appearing but not experienced it

Do they show up in the 'Recently Added' Playlist?

If they do, try a restart of itunes or a wait for X amount of time and restart iTunes (I have heard of them appearing after an amount of time ranging upto the next day)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.