Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KittyKatta

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
SoCal
Its true, iPad photography is awkward and looks silly so most of us don't do it. But the iPad Mini is actually a size where taking photos feels a lot more natural. Thats why I'm surprised that theres no Panorama or HDR mode.

I could easily see myself doing a panorama with this so Does anyone know if thats a hardware limitation? (a REAL limitation. Not this excuse like how the iPad2 hardware can't handle Siri while the Mini handles it just fine)

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Who knows why Apple does any of the feature sequestering they do. But there are several 3rd party panorama apps for iPad if you want the feature.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
The iPad Mni has a camera very similar to the iPhone 4. The 4S' 8mp camera is the minimum requirement for panoramas.

Mackan

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Well, don't worry, it will come in iPad mini 2... Just be ready with your $.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
Its true, iPad photography is awkward and looks silly so most of us don't do it. But the iPad Mini is actually a size where taking photos feels a lot more natural. Thats why I'm surprised that theres no Panorama or HDR mode.

I could easily see myself doing a panorama with this so Does anyone know if thats a hardware limitation? (a REAL limitation. Not this excuse like how the iPad2 hardware can't handle Siri while the Mini handles it just fine)

No limitations, just a marketing strategy. I'm sure ipad 5 and retina mini would have it.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
So we can be sure these 2 features will be highlighted for iPad 5th gen and iPad Mini 2nd gen

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California

False. Don't confuse your baseless opinions with actual facts. The iPad is a great tool for taking pictures. Seriously, unless you weigh 20 pounds, there shouldn't be any significant difference between the iPad and the iPad mini... You're exaggerating the differences in weight. If holding an iPad is too heavy for you to take a picture, an iPad mini won't be much different -- you're better off sticking with a phone or a digital camera.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
Pot, kettle. Preference matters on the topic. You and others might find it great for taking photos. Others do not.

Not at all. Unlike you, I didn't baselessly bash on the iPad mini -- because I'm familiar with how great of a product it is. You, on the other hand, are making grandiose statements claiming that the iPad is awkward for picture taking - maybe for you it is. But, you should realize that what you're saying is completely baseless.

And if you try to claim that my saying "the iPad is a great product for taking pictures" as baseless, you're shooting yourself in the foot by being a hypocrite. Both the iPad and iPad mini have the same megapixel camera qualities. If taking pictures with a tablet is too big for you, then use a phone or a digital camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.