Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ariel

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2003
I called yesterday (Sunday Dec 9) to inquire if it were possible to get it before Christmas. The gal told me she would expedite my shipping. Wow! I didn’t get anything free, but I did get an email today saying that my iMac has shipped with a delivery date of Dec 13th! FedX confirms that it left Shanghai CN at 6:02 pm. Thanks Apple!! Can’t wait!! :)

I'm happy for everyone! Mine is coming, but I didn't call before it was shipped, wish I had thought to ask for expedited shipping, now I'm all jealous :)

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I'm happy for everyone! Mine is coming, but I didn't call before it was shipped, wish I had thought to ask for expedited shipping, now I'm all jealous :)

When I called and asked for expedited shipping, I was upgraded, but she told me it would only be 1 day faster, because they were doing 3 day shipping for everyone because of the holidays.

bayleaves

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
I have the 3TB non-fusion, and it has not moved past processing. The fusion is a 3TB HDD (probably the same one I ordered) plus flash storage... so it's def possible.

I ordered the 3TB non-fusion too, and mine is still processing. I called them today, ostensibly to see if I could change my keyboard, but more because I wanted to see if I could get a hint. The guy was VERY VERY nice, but couldn't really tell me anything, other than reiterating the time frame currently listed on my order (Dec. 21-28, with 2-3 shipping). He did give me a free keyboard though. But honestly, I'd be really excited to just get my computer. He told me he bought a 2011 iMac in August, and although it is a great machine, he wished that he had waited. We had a lovely chat. :)

Last edited:

montalbon

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2010
Here's what I see:

Blah blah blah blah maybe we're closer to the new ATD being released blah blah FedEx stuff things taco.

So, y'know, hopefully we're closer to the new ATD being released!

allistera

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
I ordered the 27 inch through my mums NHS no-tax scheme here in the UK, phoned up today to arrange a delivery time, 19th.

bleighty

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2006
I ordered the 3TB non-fusion too, and mine is still processing. I called them today, ostensibly to see if I could change my keyboard, but more because I wanted to see if I could get a hint. The guy was VERY VERY nice, but couldn't really tell me anything, other than reiterating the time frame currently listed on my order (Dec. 21-28, with 2-3 shipping). He did give me a free keyboard though. But honestly, I'd be really excited to just get my computer. He told me he bought a 2011 iMac in August, and although it is a great machine, he wished that he had waited. We had a lovely chat. :)

Kara

I ordered w/3tb Fusion about 12:20 pst and mine has shipped. Got the notice early today it was processing, then suddenly it shipped.

27-inch iMac
Part Number: Z0MS
With the following configuration:
PROCESSOR 065-C0PK 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
MEMORY 065-0638 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
HARD DRIVE 065-C0Q6 3TB Fusion Drive
GRAPHICS 065-C099 NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MOUSE 065-C09H MAGIC TRACKPAD
BATTERY CHARGER 065-0670 NO APPLE BATTERY CHARGER
PAGES 065-C13D NONE
NUMBERS 065-C13F NONE
KEYNOTE 065-C13G NONE
APPLE KEYBOARD 065-0664 Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG

stoster38

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
North Hollywood
Anyone order through a reseller like I did? If so what status is your order showing? I ordered through B&H Photo for free delivery, no sales tax, and half off AppleCare. My status still shows backordered :( I'm hoping that will change soon.

planetMitch

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2010
Missouri
expedited

When I called and asked for expedited shipping, I was upgraded, but she told me it would only be 1 day faster, because they were doing 3 day shipping for everyone because of the holidays.

I went back and checked... UPS says "UPS Worldwide Expedited" shipping - but still doesn't give a delivery date

the Apple shipping notice finally came in - icloud was down part of the day I think - it says delivery by the 18th

UPS doesn't do saturday delivery so I'm guessing either Friday or Monday for me

NorthApple

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
I ordered w/3tb Fusion about 12:20 pst and mine has shipped. Got the notice early today it was processing, then suddenly it shipped.

27-inch iMac
Part Number: Z0MS
PROCESSOR 065-C0PK 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
MEMORY 065-0638 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
HARD DRIVE 065-C0Q6 3TB Fusion Drive
GRAPHICS 065-C099 NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MOUSE 065-C09H MAGIC TRACKPAD
BATTERY CHARGER 065-0670 NO APPLE BATTERY CHARGER
PAGES 065-C13D NONE
NUMBERS 065-C13F NONE
KEYNOTE 065-C13G NONE
APPLE KEYBOARD 065-0664 Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG

Thanks for responding to my initial inquiry as to whether any 27 inch I Macs had shipped with the 3TB fusion drive.

hqcariello

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
processing but...

I ordered mine with all upgrades/ 3TB fusion( except ram) on the 30th at 5PM eastern time. Still says -"Processing Items- estimate Available to ship: 3 - 4 Weeks ,Delivers Dec 31 - Jan 7 via Standard Shipping" . ...BUT when I go to edit shipping i get a pop up window saying it cannot edit shipping when order is being prepared for shipping. ;-)

rpramanik

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2008
San Francisco, USA
Dang

I ordered mine with all upgrades/ 3TB fusion( except ram) on the 30th at 5PM eastern time. Still says -"Processing Items- estimate Available to ship: 3 - 4 Weeks ,Delivers Dec 31 - Jan 7 via Standard Shipping" . ...BUT when I go to edit shipping i get a pop up window saying it cannot edit shipping when order is being prepared for shipping. ;-)

I did 12:02 PST
And can still cancel

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY

It's been like that since the beginning :(

steve119

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2012
Scotland, land of the haggis
Just called and got mine upgraded to expedited shipping as well for free of charge. Thank you Apple!

I ordered mine at 5am on the 30th, and it still has a status of "Processing Items", although the delivery date did get upgraded from Dec 24-31 (old) to Dec 20-27 (new).

I hope it gets here by Christmas!

Lucky you, I tried the UK apple call centre and got told that she couldnt change the shipping for it, even though I said I was happy to pay extra for it.:(

kyrrebs

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
Molde, Norway
Lucky you, I tried the UK apple call centre and got told that she couldnt change the shipping for it, even though I said I was happy to pay extra for it.:(

I just spoke to Customer Services @ Apple Norway and got the same reply. The iMac was the problem, too high demand to give individuals special treatment in terms of expediting the order.

The Deepness

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2008
What a difference a day makes!

Still "Processing Items" for me. BTO maxed out, except for RAM. Ordered the first morning of availability. Ships: 2-3 Weeks. Delivers: Dec 21 - Dec 28 via Next Day Shipping. Will check periodically throughout the day.

Preparing for Shipment! :D

vicfalc09

macrumors member
May 22, 2008
Mine is set for delivery on Monday 12/17 coming from Shanghai, China. Looking forward to it!

icapricorn

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2007
Time lag due to Reseller?

I placed my order through a reseller, Expercom. On the Apple order site, the order shows it was placed on Nov. 28, two days before the iMac was available through Apple. Yet my order is still "Processing." I'm now wondering if resellers get their orders filled later than direct-from-Apple orders. Does anyone have experience with resellers and time lag?

MHLF

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
Shipping order may have something to do with the education stores?

Ordered mine with expedited shipping at 12:56 AM PST Nov 30 on the edu store and still processing order...

•3.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
•8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
•1TB Fusion Drive
•NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
•Magic Trackpad
•Apple Wireless Keyboard (English) & User's Guide
•Accessory Kit

I just received two pending charges on my card. One for the iMac and one for shipping. Let's see how long it takes to get shipped out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.