Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Panthera Uncia

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
Amsterdam
Can I trouble you to list out your writing utensils??

Sure:

On the Moleskine booklet:

• Time / System 0,5mm mechanical pencil

The rest L to R:

• Pentel Q1000 0,5mm mechanical pencil
  • Rotring Esprit ballpoint pen
  • Rotring Esprit 0,7mm mechanical pencil
  • Mecanorama ceramic knife
  • Rotring Tikky Erasor
  • Wild Heerbrugg drafting compass (part of a larger set.)
  • Lamy Safari Charcoal fountain pen (EF nib)
  • Rotring 600 0,7mm mechanical pencil
  • Rotring Trio-pen 0,3-0,5-0,7mm
  • Caran D'ache fixpencil 22

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Day to Day:
KjWNd.jpg

iPhone 4
Mophie Juice Pack Air
Car Charger (USB for Mophie)
iPhone Wall Charger
iPhone USB
Blackberry Wall Charger (for Mophie)
Keys
Wallet (Money, ID Cards)
Aerial7 headphones
Cheap Sony earbuds

During a School day:
mpMqD.jpg

Macbook White (2010)
Macbook Charger x2
Textbooks
Notebooks

Biggs88

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2012
1198qcp.jpg

15inch RMBP
iPhone 5
Glock 23
VW+House Keys
Wallet
Kingston 16gb USB drive
Uni-Ball Pen

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I carry just my iPhone and key fob for my truck.

I'd like to get a hand gun, just can't decide which one I want!

CalWizrd

Suspended
Jun 21, 2011
NYC/Raleigh, NC
I carry just my iPhone and key fob for my truck.

I'd like to get a hand gun, just can't decide which one I want!

The decision is based upon about a thousand things, but first thing you need to decide is what you're going to (potentially) use it for, and follow that up with revolver or semi-auto.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
The decision is based upon about a thousand things, but first thing you need to decide is what you're going to (potentially) use it for, and follow that up with revolver or semi-auto.

Being I lived in Fayetteville, NC for 5 1/2 years, I'd use it for protection. I'd like a Glock 23, but a revolver would be nice as well, wouldn't have to worry about possible jams and just squeeze the trigger.

CalWizrd

Suspended
Jun 21, 2011
NYC/Raleigh, NC
Being I lived in Fayetteville, NC for 5 1/2 years, I'd use it for protection. I'd like a Glock 23, but a revolver would be nice as well, wouldn't have to worry about possible jams and just squeeze the trigger.

I've had Glocks for many years (currently favoring my Glock 30, I'm a .45 fan). In all the years I have been shooting them, I have found it very rare to encounter a jam. Also, they too fall into the "just squeeze the trigger" category. :)

I've also owned some revolvers over my shooting life (S&W 19, S&W 29 and S&W 66). I just tend to prefer semi-autos.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I've had Glocks for many years (currently favoring my Glock 30, I'm a .45 fan). In all the years I have been shooting them, I have found it very rare to encounter a jam. Also, they too fall into the "just squeeze the trigger" category. :)

I've also owned some revolvers over my shooting life (S&W 19, S&W 29 and S&W 66). I just tend to prefer semi-autos.

Thanks for the tip!

Burglad

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2010
toronto on
This would be my first post on MacRumors even tho i've been stalking the site for a couple years now. here we go

-macbook air 11"
-magic mouse
-slr cam
-headphones
-various chargers and cables
-playbook (only for watching tv shows while at work)
-psp go
-leatherman multi tool
-wd my passport external hdd

all that stuff goes in a timbuk2 store bought messenger bag.

:)

Attachments

• image-2.jpeg
    image-2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 321
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 372

simplified587

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2008
Why do so many people carry knives in the US?

It's bad enough here concealing knives but you guys openly carry knives. I mean, wow. Do you not ever feel unsafe in the knowledge that one of those guys with a knife is an *******, looking to cause trouble?

Now that I've looked through all the posts, I am actually very surprise how many people carry guns around! I lived in Minnesota for almost 10 years then moved to SoCal and I can't say I've ever seen anyone (except people in law enforcements) with guns. Is it a predominantly southern states kind of deal? Or maybe because I am still in school?

----------

Wait actually I really like your messenger bag and I can't find it on Incase's website, I would really appreciate if you could provide the model number or name, or even a link

Thanks!

It is a pretty old bag. They no longer made it, unfortunately. It is called the Incase Medium Messenger.

It is very similar to the Timbuk2 messenger, though (same shape and both sling flat across your back). In fact, I think I got it because the Timbuk2 were too expensive!!

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California

That looks like a really nice set up, but do you really bring all of that stuff around with you on a daily basis?!

Now that I've looked through all the posts, I am actually very surprise how many people carry guns around! I lived in Minnesota for almost 10 years then moved to SoCal and I can't say I've ever seen anyone (except people in law enforcements) with guns. Is it a predominantly southern states kind of deal? Or maybe because I am still in school?

I agree completely. I think more people in southern states carry around weapons. I don't know nor do I want to know how many people actually carry around firearms.

My usual out and about set up consists of:

Backpack (Targus)
iPad 4
iPhone 4S
Textbooks
Notebooks
Wallet
Keys
Chapstick

simplified587

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2008
That looks like a really nice set up, but do you really bring all of that stuff around with you on a daily basis?!

Thanks!

No, I wouldn't say I carry all of them everyday. The iPad and the Macbook Air alternately stayed at the office depending on whether I need to do work at home or not. I prefer to work exclusively on the Macbook Air even though there is a PC given to me in my lab....

pagansoul

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2006
Earth
My bag changes all the time. What's inside stays the same. What you do not see is my iPhone 5 which is taking the picture.

iPad3
Micro Center 8GB flash drive
ear phones
pen & stylus
WD HD 500GB
Leatherman Mica (better than a swiss army knife) for keys
Earl Gray tea
a magazine or two
Change purse
Wallet
case for Allergy pills and such
lip balm
some USB hook-ups

Attachments

• Carry.JPG
    Carry.JPG
    434.2 KB · Views: 328

jodelli

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2008
Windsor, ON, Canada
FWIW:
From a few years ago
4503592041_8e9b2e103f_z.jpg

Current. The P&S Canon is a semi-functional stand in for the camera with which I took the shot as the model is similar. The SLR is a Konica/Minolta. Sony and Phillips earbuds are missing from the picture. There's an LG Virgin Mobile phone, a 4th Gen iPod Touch, USB stick and an Apple wireless keyboard and mouse.

Oh, and a MacBook.

8295849499_7e9bf73405_z.jpg

Paul Graham

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2011
Plymouth UK
I'll sort a picture out tomorrow And I need a new bag, But here's what usually goes out with me every day -

iBook G4
iPod Classic 120gb
iPhone 3gs 32gb white
iPhone 4s 16gb
Sony S1 tablet
Nikon D40x
Sennheiser HD25 1 ii Adidas Originals
Tcg Audio T-Box
FiiO E17
FiiO E11
Toxic Cables Silver LOD
EACE Silver Leopard LOD
Toxic Cables Silver Poison recable for my Sennheiser Ie8's
Sennheiser Ie8's
Westone UM1's
Pens
Vape-Kit and E-Juice
Lip Balm
Tissues
Ralph Lauren Marco Polo Glasses
Flash Drives
Pocket Knife ( Depending where Im going that day )

I dont carry all of it all the time, It all gets rotated depending on mood, weather and the days plans.

And yes I its mostly audio gear lol

Quick one in my existing bag and its not all visible -

picture.php

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.