Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

califlorida

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
FedEx just came a day early! Busy day today but will try to report back once I open and setup!

Good luck to others getting them today!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,319

sukai

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2012
FedEx just came a day early! Busy day today but will try to report back once I open and setup!

Congrats, thats awesome that a lot of people are getting them this early.

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012

Congrats!

I can't help but feel this whole situation makes a mockery of those who ordered within 1 minute of the store going up that are still stuck on "processing".

I swear the shipping order is done by lottery.

Anyway, I hope you have fun setting it up and trying it out! Exciting!

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
I would like to know how noticeably better the screen resolution is on the new iMac over the older versions.

sukai

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2012
Congrats!

I can't help but feel this whole situation makes a mockery of those who ordered within 1 minute of the store going up that are still stuck on "processing".

I swear the shipping order is done by lottery.

Anyway, I hope you have fun setting it up and trying it out! Exciting!

I don't know exactly how the shipping order works. I ordered at 6-7am EST and it still processing with delivery dates of 24-31st.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
I don't know exactly how the shipping order works. I ordered at 6-7am EST and it still processing with delivery dates of 24-31st.

I am fairly sure that a lot of it has to do with the options that people picked. Some options = longer time to wait.

califlorida

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
My order was completed by 3:08 AM EST on 11/30. 27"/3.4i7/1tbFusion/680mx. So about 8 minutes after ordering went live.

I had 2-3 day expedited shipping with original date of Dec 21-28.

Arriving 9 days early I'd say Apple was successful.

Unfortunately have a swamped day so not sure how much testing I can do. I will report back any results.

I also have 2009 27" so I can compare speed & screens this way.

Enjoy all those who get them today and in the near future!

relsah

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2008
congrats man!

how was the packaging by fedex? did it come inside a brown box or just like that on the pic?

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
I am fairly sure that a lot of it has to do with the options that people picked. Some options = longer time to wait.

I don't think so. I have seen identical configs to mine that were ordered many hours after me already have confirmed shipping.

Whatever process Apple is using, it does not seem to have a pattern that we can determine.

califlorida

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
congrats man!

how was the packaging by fedex? did it come inside a brown box or just like that on the pic?

As said above it came in brown box just got it opened. Will be transferring all software then moving to recording studio by tomm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,341

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
I'm happy for those who got it. But still feel neglected by apple myself :( after the money I've poured into that company and making sure to be first in line when the iMac was available. :( :(

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
I'm happy for those who got it. But still feel neglected by apple myself :( after the money I've poured into that company and making sure to be first in line when the iMac was available. :( :(

Now, now, if you had any real dedication you'd fly to Shenzen and pick it up yourself, and tip the final assembly worker a week's wages. :D

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none

First world problems are terrible! :D

VilleK

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2012
Cool! So jealous! I know you already unboxed it and everything, but make an unboxing video or a quick review on youtube. Pretty sure you'd be the first consumer out there :) By the way what specs did you get?

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Cool! So jealous! I know you already unboxed it and everything, but make an unboxing video or a quick review on youtube. Pretty sure you'd be the first consumer out there :) By the way what specs did you get?

I am curious, because I've never managed to understand this... What exactly is the reason why people want to see un-boxing videos of an electronic device? What is the fascination and why are they videos popular?

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
I am curious, because I've never managed to understand this... What exactly is the reason why people want to see un-boxing videos of an electronic device? What is the fascination and why are they videos popular?

For the same reason people watch cooking shows. Presentation is important to some people.

Computers managed to bypass a whole section of consumer design for some reason, but that is changing. It was somehow just accepted that computers looked the way they did (ugly, beige boxes, with cords all over the place) yet still find a place in people's homes. Nothing else sells like that - lamps, furniture, kitchen equipment, etc.

The presentation of the product in the box is just an extension of that, and people are curious how it has been done in each case.

mihai.ile

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
because you want to see exactly how the products are shipped, what the contents of the box and what are the impressions on the device. Remember that most of the times people buy products that only see in photos on the internet so having a video showing exactly how the product looks is very good.

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
I would like to know how noticeably better the screen resolution is on the new iMac over the older versions.

It's the same. The resolution has never changed for 27" models. The new one has less glare and apparently looks more vivid but the resolution is the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.