Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:10 AM   #451
Benbikeman
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argmire View Post
I loved Coverflow, sorry to see it go, rights issues?
No: insufficient resolution to look good on Retina machines in full-screen mode. Rather than replace all the cover art, they removed Coverflow.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:35 PM   #452
milo
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilated View Post
No: insufficient resolution to look good on Retina machines in full-screen mode. Rather than replace all the cover art, they removed Coverflow.
Seems unlikely considering on a retina iPad there are multiple views that have cover artwork full screen.
milo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:59 PM   #453
Benbikeman
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo View Post
Seems unlikely considering on a retina iPad there are multiple views that have cover artwork full screen.
10-inch screen vs 15-inch makes a massive difference to the required resolution.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:19 PM   #454
milo
macrumors 603

iPad is 2048-by-1536 which is way higher than most cover art, if that's a concern for Apple they'd care on both platforms.
milo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:24 PM   #455
Benbikeman
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo View Post
iPad is 2048-by-1536 which is way higher than most cover art, if that's a concern for Apple they'd care on both platforms.
Compare the two side-by-side and you'll see what a massive difference screen size makes to apparent quality.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:52 AM   #456
pmz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RammyXX View Post
Oh. It sucked. Thanks for telling me that, all these years I didn't think it sucked. I'm so glad you told me because I would have kept on thinking it didn't suck.

Seriously though, as you can clearly read in these comments, some people like their Coverflow. You're right, it doesn't serve a huge purpose. But it looks great - and that's enough purpose for me. See, if they would have at least made an option to enable/disable Coverflow in list view in the options... but no, they had to get rid of it alltogether, pissing off lots of people. What difference would it have made if they just kept it? Zero. Well, one actually, we would have all been happy.
There is a big difference between being used to something, and actually liking it. You get what they give you. When they decide to give you something better than before, they do. It is up to the maturity of the individual to realize that they were given something better, as a result of thousands of man hours, and appreciate it...or to just whine and moan about change.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilated View Post
That's an asinine statement considering Full screen artwork still exists on the iPad and always will. And it still exists on the Mac too, if you just click the stupid artwork icon. WOW. Magic!
pmz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:05 AM   #457
Benbikeman
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post
That's an asinine statement considering Full screen artwork still exists on the iPad and always will.
There is a massive difference between making something look good on a 10-inch screen and a 15-inch one. And you have no idea whether it 'always will' exist in future versions of the iPad app.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:14 PM   #458
eco7777
macrumors member

i have been here for a while, just lost my old email and forgot my old pass.

I HATE THE NEW ITUNES
eco7777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion