Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:21 PM   #101
Akwaaba
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Now with 11.0.1, not only can I not view playlists in shuffled order, but I can't move songs within a playlist. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Akwaaba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:34 AM   #102
mackandproud
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Use VLC. AQ is superior.
mackandproud is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:57 AM   #103
tkermit
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akwaaba View Post
I can't move songs within a playlist. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Do you have the playlist sorted by a column other than the first one perchance?
__________________
___🏃_
tkermit is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:39 AM   #104
zhenya
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackandproud View Post
Use VLC. AQ is superior.
No it isn't. iTunes is bit perfect if you want it to be, and all sorts of plugins exist if you don't.
zhenya is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:24 AM   #105
Akwaaba
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkermit View Post
Do you have the playlist sorted by a column other than the first one perchance?
No, it is sorted by first column. But the problem resolved itself after quitting iTunes. Still cannot view playlists in shuffled order though.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenya View Post
No it isn't. iTunes is bit perfect if you want it to be, and all sorts of plugins exist if you don't.
I'm not sure VLC is a solution for my main gripe with iTunes 11. Do you know of any plugins that will show and sync playlists in shuffled order as iTunes did before v11?
Akwaaba is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:55 PM   #106
mackandproud
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenya View Post
No it isn't. iTunes is bit perfect if you want it to be, and all sorts of plugins exist if you don't.
A westinghouse LCD is 'bit perfect' also; no one in their right mind would choose one over a sony xbr or samsung.

A sony ps3 is 'bit perfect' as is oppo. Yet, oppo looks far better.

You 'can't tell the difference' between 720 and 1080 at 7 feet, but you actually can see the difference.

Keep enjoying the 'apple is perfect' koolaid. It seems you have a lifetime supply, lol.
mackandproud is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:07 PM   #107
zhenya
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackandproud View Post
A westinghouse LCD is 'bit perfect' also; no one in their right mind would choose one over a sony xbr or samsung.

A sony ps3 is 'bit perfect' as is oppo. Yet, oppo looks far better.

You 'can't tell the difference' between 720 and 1080 at 7 feet, but you actually can see the difference.

Keep enjoying the 'apple is perfect' koolaid. It seems you have a lifetime supply, lol.
I don't think you understand what bit perfect is or why it's important.

It has nothing to do with Apple, but to people who care about sound quality, it's an important feature that an audio player offer. It's fine that you want to use another media player, but trying to ding iTunes for its sound quality is not an argument you are going to win.
zhenya is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:46 AM   #108
Beeplance
macrumors 65816
 
Beeplance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Singapore
Is there no way to return to the old album look with album artwork at the left column and a list view?
Beeplance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:15 AM   #109
PinkyMacGodess
macrumors 68020
 
PinkyMacGodess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Midwest America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
I have heard of songs not appearing but not experienced it

Do they show up in the 'Recently Added' Playlist?

If they do, try a restart of itunes or a wait for X amount of time and restart iTunes (I have heard of them appearing after an amount of time ranging upto the next day)
Nope. They just don't appear to show up anywhere, yet iTunes, in its twisted innards, does recognize they exist *somewhere*...

I got back and checked, and they *still* do not show up... Best the 5th Ave. Apple Store said was to call Apple Care and ask them what the issue was and see if they can find the tunes somewhere.

Again, not loving iTunes 11. IMO, avoid it, if you can...

EDIT: As far as songs ripped appearing the next day, that's just stupid on Apple's part. The cute tech that helped me at the Cube said that she thinks that Apple hammered on iTunes because they want all of us to just use iTunes and iTunes Match, which also explains the reason for dropping DVD/CD drives from more products.

I personally feel that if that is what Apple wants to do, they need to 'man up' to their tactics and tell us that is they way they want things to go. They are pulling a huge power grab from what I can see. It's not very subtle either. I think in the 'Steve Jobs (TM)' days, the grabbing was a lot more nuanced and subtle...

But anyway...

Last edited by PinkyMacGodess; Dec 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
PinkyMacGodess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:27 AM   #110
paulsalter
macrumors 68000
 
paulsalter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: UK
Send a message via ICQ to paulsalter Send a message via AIM to paulsalter Send a message via MSN to paulsalter Send a message via Yahoo to paulsalter
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyMacGodess View Post
Nope. They just don't appear to show up anywhere, yet iTunes, in its twisted innards, does recognize they exist *somewhere*...

I got back and checked, and they *still* do not show up... Best the 5th Ave. Apple Store said was to call Apple Care and ask them what the issue was and see if they can find the tunes somewhere.

Again, not loving iTunes 11. IMO, avoid it, if you can...

EDIT: As far as songs ripped appearing the next day, that's just stupid on Apple's part. The cute tech that helped me at the Cube said that she thinks that Apple hammered on iTunes because they want all of us to just use iTunes and iTunes Match, which also explains the reason for dropping DVD/CD drives from more products.

I personally feel that if that is what Apple wants to do, they need to 'man up' to their tactics and tell us that is they way they want things to go. They are pulling a huge power grab from what I can see. It's not very subtle either. I think in the 'Steve Jobs (TM)' days, the grabbing was a lot more nuanced and subtle...

But anyway...
I agree, that does look like what they want to do, not the direction I want to take

not sure if you have seen this topic (last post)
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1500427

talks abut the same issue, and deselecting the option to show itunes in the cloud seemed to work (probably not good for Match subscribers)
__________________
Macbook C2D 2.16 GHz, 16GB 3G iPhone, 64GB iPod Touch & MobileMe
paulsalter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:46 AM   #111
PinkyMacGodess
macrumors 68020
 
PinkyMacGodess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Midwest America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
I agree, that does look like what they want to do, not the direction I want to take

not sure if you have seen this topic (last post)
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1500427

talks abut the same issue, and deselecting the option to show itunes in the cloud seemed to work (probably not good for Match subscribers)
Interesting...

I did try to search for the tracks, but possibly searched on the hard drive rather than 'The Cloud (TM)'.

I see the advantage of iTunes Match as being very small. How many places have Wi-Fi that you can use in places you want to listen to stuff from 'The Cloud (TM)'. Yeah, like this weekend, I am going to pay (through the nose) for Delta airline's GoGo internet to listen to music I am also paying for just to not be bored on the long flight and one and on...

If Apple wants to get ME to do iTunes Match, they have to make Wi-Fi ubiquitous and FREE everywhere! I mean, it's bad enough that I *bought* the music, now I have to *pay* to listen to it, and *pay* to listen to it where I currently are. Not to mention that if *everyone* was listening to the service on the same flight, *no one* would be happy...

/rant...
PinkyMacGodess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:39 PM   #112
milo
macrumors 603
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
The point of Match isn't to put nothing on the iPhone and get it all from the cloud. It's to put just the most listened to stuff on there, saving space, and just use Match to get the occasional song that's not on there when the urge comes up. Or load up with a bunch of music when you have wifi available, then next time you're somewhere it's available again, swap some or all of it for fresh material you haven't heard in a while.
milo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:24 PM   #113
zhenya
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo View Post
The point of Match isn't to put nothing on the iPhone and get it all from the cloud. It's to put just the most listened to stuff on there, saving space, and just use Match to get the occasional song that's not on there when the urge comes up. Or load up with a bunch of music when you have wifi available, then next time you're somewhere it's available again, swap some or all of it for fresh material you haven't heard in a while.
Exactly. I keep a playlist of music on the phone same as I always have, except I now also have access to my complete library any time I have network access. I also get my complete library on my computer at work.
zhenya is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:49 PM   #114
MacUser09
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akwaaba View Post
Now with 11.0.1, not only can I not view playlists in shuffled order, but I can't move songs within a playlist. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
You probably have it as a "Smart Playlist" rather than a "Playlist"

I had the same problem. My way of getting around it was to create a new playlist> Drag and drop all selected songs into the new playlist, then delete the old one. There are probably shorter or easier methods, but that worked for me.
MacUser09 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:12 PM   #115
Akwaaba
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacUser09 View Post
You probably have it as a "Smart Playlist" rather than a "Playlist"

I had the same problem. My way of getting around it was to create a new playlist> Drag and drop all selected songs into the new playlist, then delete the old one. There are probably shorter or easier methods, but that worked for me.
No, it was a regular playlist. The problem went away after quitting iTunes, but it has happened again a couple of times. Must be yet another bug.
Akwaaba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:30 AM   #116
BERRYP186
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Up graded but do not like it is there a way to go back to my old itunes???.
BERRYP186 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:06 PM   #117
i1280
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Can anyone tell me how to downgrade to 10.7 ??
i1280 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:38 PM   #118
i1280
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I found a thread forum question...
i1280 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:41 PM   #119
Parkin Pig
macrumors Demi-God
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Yorkshire, the starting grid of the 2014 Tour de France
Thing of the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightless View Post
I can't seem to minimize the iTunes window when double clicking the top bar like in any other window. did they forget that function?
Consistency throughout the OS died with the release of Lion, and continues in an ever-increasing number of directions.
Parkin Pig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:51 PM   #120
tkermit
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkin Pig View Post
Consistency throughout the OS died with the release of Lion, and continues in an ever-increasing number of directions.
The functionality will almost certainly return. iTunes has never been consistent with the rest of the OS. That's mostly due to its Carbon origins, but nowadays the need for Windows compatibility probably plays into it, too. Nevertheless it's actually gotten a lot better over time. And at least the green Zoom button finally works the way you'd expect it to. If only they would get rid of that damn modal preferences window.
__________________
___🏃_
tkermit is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 05:12 AM   #121
psg2000
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
another bug is when trying to add a track to an existing playlist, it often doesn't

please let us go back to a fully functioning itunes
psg2000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:01 AM   #122
chrishe
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: london
imovie 11 crashing

my imovie 11 crashes everytime i try to import from my panasonic sd60 camcorder.tried everything to try to fix it,any thoughts would be great
chrishe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 08:29 AM   #123
barredfreak
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishe View Post
my imovie 11 crashes everytime i try to import from my panasonic sd60 camcorder.tried everything to try to fix it,any thoughts would be great
Wrong thread, mate. This is iTunes 11.
barredfreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 01:45 PM   #124
farleysmaster
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by psg2000 View Post
another bug is when trying to add a track to an existing playlist, it often doesn't

please let us go back to a fully functioning itunes
I thought this was a bug, but it was adding tracks to device playlists rather than the iTunes playlists. It's kind of an annoying new feature.
farleysmaster is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 02:50 PM   #125
Jetson
macrumors 6502a
 
Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
I haven't "upgraded" to iTunes 11 yet.

Based on all that I've read I don't think I ever will.

Too bad that Apple took away the features that people like, but didn't improve performance and speed very much if at all.
Jetson is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
howto, itunes 11, tutorials

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rMBP graphics issues. Common or no? (video) uiop. MacBook Pro 10 Mar 24, 2013 10:46 AM
iPhone: Three issues since 6.1 JB, easy fixes? Chodite Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 3 Feb 17, 2013 04:18 PM
iPhone: Post JB issues & common denominators xploit Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 2 Feb 5, 2013 03:49 PM
iOS 6.1 fixes battery life issues on iPhone 5. Risco iOS 6 23 Dec 22, 2012 06:55 PM
gfxCardStatus v2.3 beta 1 fixes 2010 MBP issues bitninja MacBook Pro 24 Sep 29, 2012 12:39 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC