Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 9, 2012, 06:06 PM   #1
Tbdbuckeyeitl
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
iPhone 5 black and white are different

I am sure I am OCD but I bought a black 32 iPhone 5 and a white 16 iPhone 5. If I set brightness the same the screen color is different. Also if I go to settings brightness wall paper the wall paper box is bigger on the black than white. Can anyone compare thae two phones.
Tbdbuckeyeitl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 06:23 PM   #2
Prime85
macrumors 6502a
 
Prime85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbdbuckeyeitl View Post
I am sure I am OCD but I bought a black 32 iPhone 5 and a white 16 iPhone 5. If I set brightness the same the screen color is different. Also if I go to settings brightness wall paper the wall paper box is bigger on the black than white. Can anyone compare thae two phones.
Well the screens come from more then one company, some from sharp others from, I have no idea. As for the box being different sizes, that might just be the bezel playing tricks on you.
Prime85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:10 PM   #3
Tbdbuckeyeitl
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
The brightness and wallpaper box the one I am referring to is the box with the two different iPhone screens wallpaper. The black and white I e are different in size and there is more screen at the bottom on one. Why would this be different. Can anyone compare this go to settings brightness and wallpaper. Thank you
Tbdbuckeyeitl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:30 PM   #4
vastoholic
macrumors 68000
 
vastoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tulsa, OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbdbuckeyeitl View Post
The brightness and wallpaper box the one I am referring to is the box with the two different iPhone screens wallpaper. The black and white I e are different in size and there is more screen at the bottom on one. Why would this be different. Can anyone compare this go to settings brightness and wallpaper. Thank you
Simple, take a screen shot of both and then compare side by side in am image editing program.
__________________
View my flickr sets....if you want. They're not too exciting.
vastoholic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:40 PM   #5
Tbdbuckeyeitl
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Why would they be different.
Tbdbuckeyeitl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:09 PM   #6
II BISTRO II
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vastoholic View Post
Simple, take a screen shot of both and then compare side by side in am image editing program.
this. post screenshots here
II BISTRO II is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:15 PM   #7
Tbdbuckeyeitl
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I think I figured it out. The black has

----------

I think I figured it out. The black has Puctures on it from iTunes sync. The white has none. It's ashame I can't enjoy my phone Worrying and trying to do d something Wrong with it.
Tbdbuckeyeitl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:18 PM   #8
Skika
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbdbuckeyeitl View Post
I think I figured it out. The black has

----------

I think I figured it out. The black has Puctures on it from iTunes sync. The white has none. It's ashame I can't enjoy my phone Worrying and trying to do d something Wrong with it.
Wat
__________________
MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone
Skika is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:20 PM   #9
saberahul
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: On my iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbdbuckeyeitl View Post
I think I figured it out. The black has

----------

I think I figured it out. The black has Puctures on it from iTunes sync. The white has none. It's ashame I can't enjoy my phone Worrying and trying to do d something Wrong with it.
I have no idea what this post means… what?
__________________
iPhone • iPad • MacBook Pro
saberahul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:28 PM   #10
Tbdbuckeyeitl
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Sorry. On the black phone I have added pictures. On the white there is none added. This is why the box is bigger and smaller on one.
Tbdbuckeyeitl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:50 PM   #11
vastoholic
macrumors 68000
 
vastoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tulsa, OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbdbuckeyeitl View Post
Sorry. On the black phone I have added pictures. On the white there is none added. This is why the box is bigger and smaller on one.
I'm still confused. This shouldn't change the size. Please post a screen shot so we know what you're talking about.
__________________
View my flickr sets....if you want. They're not too exciting.
vastoholic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:08 PM   #12
unknownbeing
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbdbuckeyeitl View Post
Sorry. On the black phone I have added pictures. On the white there is none added. This is why the box is bigger and smaller on one.

But seriously, post screenshots.
__________________
iPhone 5, My website:http://ahelpern.com/ My Gaming Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Team20LP
unknownbeing is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:22 PM   #13
lunaoso
macrumors 65816
 
lunaoso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New England, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownbeing View Post
Image
But seriously, post screenshots.
Lol I actually laughed at that one. That pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly.
__________________
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. | Owner of WHO DEY!? (Mac OS League)
lunaoso is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:52 PM   #14
Tbdbuckeyeitl
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Go to settings brightness wallpaper. Look at the box with the two iPhone screens on it. The box is bigger on my black and smaller on the white. I thought this could be because I have pictures on the black phone. Ot the white.
Tbdbuckeyeitl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:56 AM   #15
techluvr
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: OK, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbdbuckeyeitl View Post
Go to settings brightness wallpaper. Look at the box with the two iPhone screens on it. The box is bigger on my black and smaller on the white. I thought this could be because I have pictures on the black phone. Ot the white.
That makes no sense whatsoever. Why would the amount of content on your phone change the size of a completely unrelated UI element?
techluvr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:04 AM   #16
Kissaragi
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Theres a simple solution. Decide if you like white or black, return the other one and just use the damn phone.
Kissaragi is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:49 PM   #17
Salukipilot4590
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Send a message via AIM to Salukipilot4590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissaragi View Post
Theres a simple solution. Decide if you like white or black, return the other one and just use the damn phone.
What do you mean "You people?"
__________________
MacBook Pro 15" Early 2011 - iPhone 6+ 64GB SG AT&T - 16GB iPad4 WiFi/AT&T Black - 160GB iPod Classic Black
Salukipilot4590 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad Mini: iPad Mini Black vs White (Black & Slate vs White & Silver) Iceboie iPad 62 Jun 26, 2013 10:05 PM
Why did you swap your Black for White, or White for Black? (no scuff stories) super! iPhone 1 Sep 25, 2012 06:16 PM
Black or White iPhone 5 ? Cpt.Oliver iPhone 21 Sep 21, 2012 05:43 PM
Iphone 5 (Black or White) chrisfromalbany iPhone 46 Sep 14, 2012 02:41 AM
White or Black iPhone 5? 212rikanmofo iPhone 7 Sep 11, 2012 06:33 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC