Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Is there such a thing as a cable with a mini displayport (thunderbolt) on one side, and Mini HDMI on the other side? I have a pico projector, and the input on it is a mini HDMI, and i can't for the life of me find a cable on amazon without buying a mini displayport to HDMI adaptor then an additional hdmi to mini hdmi cable. ??? Am I missing it?

Hexley

Suspended
Jun 10, 2009
My guess is you will need (a) Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter and (b) Mini-HDMI to HDMI Cable.

Mini-HDMI is normally found with HDSLRs and other video recording gear.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
My guess is you will need (a) Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter and (b) Mini-HDMI to HDMI Cable.

Mini-HDMI is normally found with HDSLRs and other video recording gear.

Aww rats, wish there was a cable :-(

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
No need to fret. Yes, yes, there is a cable. They used to only sell adapters, but Monoprice recently came out with a mini displayport to HDMI cable.
... except the thread is about a Mini Displayport to Mini HDMI cable, which doesn't appear on Monoprice's site. It does appear that to go from Mini DisplayPort to Mini HDMI (also known as "Type C"), you'll need two cables.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
... except the thread is about a Mini Displayport to Mini HDMI cable, which doesn't appear on Monoprice's site. It does appear that to go from Mini DisplayPort to Mini HDMI (also known as "Type C"), you'll need two cables.

I absolutely missed the second "mini" in the thread. Now, that certainly is a pickle...

Maybe OP could email Monoprice about it and make a request for such a product. They sell just about almost everything these days.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.