Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kozmic-Blues

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
Did anyone else notice their WIFI get worse, not better, after teh recent update to fix wifi bugs. min seems to have taken a big hit in terms of speed and conectivity (in teh same location that I have been using it for the past 43 months). My wife who didnt update yet has not seen any drop in functionality.

Thanks

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
Yes. It totally did. Only because you still use the word 'teh'. But don't worry, the world ending tomorrow is the divine's way of natural selection, so thankfully you're in luck.

cosmic68

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2007
Yes. It totally did. Only because you still use the word 'teh'. But don't worry, the world ending tomorrow is the divine's way of natural selection, so thankfully you're in luck.

Hilarious. Vile, but hilarious.

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008

great post.. thanks for reminding me about the whole 'end of the world' thing, totally slipped my agenda!

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Did anyone else notice their WIFI get worse, not better, after teh recent update to fix wifi bugs. min seems to have taken a big hit in terms of speed and conectivity (in teh same location that I have been using it for the past 43 months). My wife who didnt update yet has not seen any drop in functionality.

Thanks

I'm one of those who couldn't get internet via WiFi until AFTER the update. The Apple TV remote on WiFi BEFORE the update was slow, 2-5 second lag, and unreliable. After the update? Instant just like my wife's iPhone 4s.

Update fixed a lot for me.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
OP, which model of iPhone?

There is discussion in the iOS6 forum regarding a router reset, followed by resetting Network Settings after applying the update. Some of those who said they were having problems found that those actions corrected their situations.

RieRie

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2012
I didn't have any wifi issues before the update. Now I do and my battery drains faster. Before the update, I could text, talk, surf the net, and play games on my i5 all day and have a worst 20% left. I updated yesterday and a full charge lasts about half a day.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
My i5 dropped my home wifi in the middle of d/l the free avengers game last night. Never did that before..
I was in the adjacent room to the router too..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.