Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:22 AM   #26
Michael CM1
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehope View Post
I like mine. Going back and forth from the iPad 3 retina screen and the mini can be a bit disconcerting but I've adjusted. I love the size, feel, and weight. It's the one I reach for first and spend the most time on now. If they ever put a retina screen on it, the iPad 3 is history.
That's how I felt when I had an iPad 2 and iPhone 4. I knew the iPad 2 screen wasn't bad, but I was spoiled with the clarity of the iPhone 4. Now I have the third-gen iPad and a 4S, so going back and forth is quite easy.

I don't know that I'll ever own a mini unless I'm rolling in the dough. I like the extra screen space of the full-size iPad, and it's not like I have anything that a mini would fit in but a full-size iPad wouldn't. I think this may end up being a key selling point to women because of purses. I have a backpack that can hold a 17" MacBook Pro. It can easily handle a 9.7" iPad.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:44 AM   #27
judethat
macrumors regular

Loving mine so much. The iPad 3 I have for work now seems so heavy and cumbersome. Also sold the MacBook Air I had as this is the device to travel with. Love the iPad mini, it goes with me everywhere and with the camera kit downloading pictures very fast with the new connector. Love it. Don't even notice the display is not retina. I have the retina MacBook Pro for closer work.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:19 AM   #28
robertosh
macrumors 6502

Still in love with mine
2012 iPad Mini Cell 16Gb
robertosh is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:25 AM   #29
tomaseriksson
macrumors member

My mini gets more love than my ipad 3. Not that it was a surprise, I previously had a nexus 7 and loved the formfactor. However, the browsing experience on android devices still sucks so I got rid of it and bought a mini.
tomaseriksson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:51 AM   #30
danpass
macrumors 68020

Quote:
ipad mini has been out for a while now.how has the user experience been for you?
exceptional, everything I wanted out of the original iPad.

Even the resolution (sure it's not retina), but it is better than the original due to it's tighter pixel density.

-
danpass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:58 AM   #31
nick9191
macrumors 68040

I used an iPad Mini for the first time yesterday in an Apple Store and still have a boner.
nick9191 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:02 AM   #32
Sodner
macrumors 68000

Love, love, love it. Sold my iPad 3. Mini is probably the Ultimate iPad.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:16 AM   #33
scupking
macrumors 6502

Love mine!! I use it all the time. Sold my ipad 3 and haven't looked back.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:49 AM   #34
jcborden
macrumors member

Also love my mini. Originally brought the wifi version, but sold it when Cellular version available and got that (was painful tethering to my Android phone). Also sold my iPad 3 which just felt big and bulky.

I now find that I hardly realise it isn't retina (although if you put it side by side with a retina device you would clearly be reminded). The light weight and form factor/portability just makes it the perfect device, especially the cellular version (depending upon your location).
jcborden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:44 PM   #35
Kebabselector
macrumors 68020

Managed to get a wifi 16gb version on day one - superb device, much more portable that the original sized iPad. It replaced an iPad 1 so for me the general experience is much more positive.

Very happy with the purchase - sure it'll probably get a retina display next update, but I have this device now and I'm loving it.
Kebabselector is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:15 PM   #36
Che Castro
macrumors 601

This thing just needs retina & the perfect tablet is complete
Che Castro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:30 AM   #37
Akira1980
macrumors 6502

I haven't touched my iPad 3. The size really does make a difference and I will be upgrading to iPad Mini Retina when it comes out.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:01 AM   #38
bembol
macrumors 6502a

I returned my 32GB LTE after week. I love everything about the mini (Size, Design, Weight, Battery Life, etc.) but I guess I'm the only one that wants Videos with Continuous Play & Playlist.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:10 AM   #39
maflynn

I love my wifi one, though if I get an opportunity to buy a LTE model, I will. Its everything I wanted in an iPad.
maflynn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:12 AM   #40
bmat
macrumors 6502

I switched back to my ipad 3. It wasn't necessarily a voluntary decision -- my wife wanted it because she felt her ipad 3 was too big to carry around in her bag. But it got me thinking, and I decided as much as I liked the mini I was ok with the 3.

Things I miss:
1. The weight and feel of the mini. This is huge--the mini felt so good to hold.
2. The less glare from the screen (not sure why there was less glare but there was).
3. Not having the ipad get warm.

Things I thought would matter but don't as much:
1. Portability. As a guy, the mini wasn't any more portable. Only a couple of jackets could carry it, and none particularly well. So if it was coming with me, I needed a bag,

Things that I like about the ipad 3:
1. Screen size can matter.
2. Retina. I didn't really miss it when I had the mini, but going back to the 3 I really like having retina again.
3. The solid feel.
bmat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:29 AM   #41
gman901
macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if the shipping time that FedEX states is accurate coming from China or could they be giving me the worst case scenario? I bought a 16 GB iPad Mini from the Apple store on Monday this week and they say it will arrive on December 27th in the morning. Is there any possibility that they may come through by the 24th? I seriously doubt it, but wanted to see if anyone knows if Apple items are expedited during the Holidays.
gman901 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:40 AM   #42
has.marvel
macrumors member

Got Minis for my wife and I and sold our iPad 3s. We both love the size and weight of the mini. It is much easier to hold and read which we do a lot of. If they could have done retina for the same size and weight that would have been great but we are okay with the trade-off. The new smart covers do not make as secure a stand however which is a little bit of a bummer but all in all we are very pleased.
has.marvel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:51 AM   #43
Infinitewisdom
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman901 View Post
Does anyone know if the shipping time that FedEX states is accurate coming from China or could they be giving me the worst case scenario? I bought a 16 GB iPad Mini from the Apple store on Monday this week and they say it will arrive on December 27th in the morning. Is there any possibility that they may come through by the 24th? I seriously doubt it, but wanted to see if anyone knows if Apple items are expedited during the Holidays.
The times they give you initially after you place an order are just estimates. Once the item ships, you get an even more accurate estimate.

I ordered mine last weekend. Said initially available to ship in one week, but I got mine yesterday. So about four days total. 3 if you don't count Sunday. Very good chance you'll get yours by the 24th if your experience is similar to mine.
Infinitewisdom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:55 AM   #44
gman901
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitewisdom View Post
The times they give you initially after you place an order are just estimates. Once the item ships, you get an even more accurate estimate.

I ordered mine last weekend. Said initially available to ship in one week, but I got mine yesterday. So about four days total. 3 if you don't count Sunday. Very good chance you'll get yours by the 24th if your experience is similar to mine.
Sweet! That would be awesome if it works out that way! I know my 7 year old will be excited to see an iPad Mini under the tree!
gman901 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:11 AM   #45
RichP74
macrumors member

Only had mine for a day now, but it's amazing. My wife has had an iPad 1 since launch, and I could never get used to the size of the thing. The Mini is perfect for what I use it for (web, reading, TV, games). I agree with the other poster about the Smart Cover though. It attaches securely so I'm not concerned about it becoming detached, but it moves around constantly. It even wakes itself up when I was carrying it around, which is annoying. I may return the Smart Cover and get something else.
RichP74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:33 AM   #46
harcosparky
macrumors 68020

I have the original iPad maxed out WIFI and Wireless.

It's fantastic, does everything I need from it and much much more.

Lately been looking for a larger screen device to replace my iPhone4. The iPhone5 just doesn't cut it for screen size.

I have played with the iPad Mini many times in the store trying to convince myself I want one .... but I don't.

Now if it was capable of making voice phone calls on my iPhone account I might consider it.

Instead of making a smaller iPad, Apple should have brought out a larger iPhone!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:36 AM   #47
boshii
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by bembol View Post
I returned my 32GB LTE after week. I love everything about the mini (Size, Design, Weight, Battery Life, etc.) but I guess I'm the only one that wants Videos with Continuous Play & Playlist.
There's an app for that.
boshii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:40 AM   #48
shurcooL
macrumors 6502a

Love it much more than I expected. More than the iPhone and the big iPad.

P.S. I got an LTE mini, and it fits in my pocket, so I've replaced my iPhone with it.
shurcooL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:49 AM   #49
LWP777
macrumors member

I've had it for about a month. Still love it and use it all the time! I purchased an iPad 1 when it first came out and used it for about a week before it started collecting dust. The mini is just so much more portable which makes it way more useful.
LWP777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:55 AM   #50
comper
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harcosparky View Post
I have the original iPad maxed out WIFI and Wireless.

It's fantastic, does everything I need from it and much much more.

Lately been looking for a larger screen device to replace my iPhone4. The iPhone5 just doesn't cut it for screen size.

I have played with the iPad Mini many times in the store trying to convince myself I want one .... but I don't.

Now if it was capable of making voice phone calls on my iPhone account I might consider it.

Instead of making a smaller iPad, Apple should have brought out a larger iPhone!
You won't see that from Apple anytime soon. Get a Note 2.
comper is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad