Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:09 PM   #1
M-B-P
macrumors regular

Need to Unlock iPhone 5 (Flight tomorrow)

Hey,

My family and I are traveling oversees tomorrow and we need to unlock 4 (four) iPhone 5.

I have done some research online and thus far have found mostly scam websites. I have found a few seemingly reputable ebay sellers such as "unlock_fusion" but the problem is that they won't accept buyer's with no buyer rating and I have never brought anything from ebay.
Has anyone here with no buyer rating successfully purchased an unlock code from "unlock_fusion" or any other seller that requires a buyer rating?

Can someone provide me with any other alternatives? We are traveling tomorrow and need to have these iPhones unlocked to use them oversees.

Please help if you can, it will be greatly appreciated.
M-B-P is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:10 PM   #2
JCCL
macrumors 6502

I Bought with no ratings. You should have no issues as long as you follow the instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-B-P View Post
Hey,

My family and I are traveling oversees tomorrow and we need to unlock 4 (four) iPhone 5.

I have done some research online and thus far have found mostly scam websites. I have found a few seemingly reputable ebay sellers such as "unlock_fusion" but the problem is that they won't accept buyer's with no buyer rating and I have never brought anything from ebay.
Has anyone here with no buyer rating successfully purchased an unlock code from "unlock_fusion" or any other seller that requires a buyer rating?

Can someone provide me with any other alternatives? We are traveling tomorrow and need to have these iPhones unlocked to use them oversees.

JCCL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:20 PM   #3
Vudoo
macrumors 6502a

Find a family member or friend who has a buyer's rating and ask them to buy the unlocks for you. Just supply them with the ESN numbers and the money. Easy as pie.
Vudoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:27 PM   #4
misterjay
macrumors regular

try www.iunlockzphone.com
misterjay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:41 PM   #5
PsstGreek
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Hey,

Purchase the unlock as a "guest" and you should be good to, like stated above.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:48 PM   #6
KoukiFC3S
macrumors 6502a

Try http://www.negrielectronics.com/ Very reputable and under $10.
KoukiFC3S is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:05 PM   #7
M-B-P
macrumors regular

Thanks

Thank you for your replies JCCL,Vudoo, misterjay, and KoukiFC3S!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
Try http://www.negrielectronics.com/ Very reputable and under $10.
I just called them and I think I'll go ahead and process the order. They said I should have instructions for unlocking today or at latest tomorrow.

Thanks!

Hope you guys enjoy the holidays !
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:09 AM   #8
M-B-P
macrumors regular

Update

Just an update.

I went along with http://www.negrielectronics.com/ and they charged about $10/unlock.

They were available for help and responsive to emails. I did indeed have my phone unlocked within 24 hours. Just make sure to check your spam folder if you don't see any instructions in your inbox.

Also, I didn't even need to do a backup/system restore to get the foreign sim to work, so that was also a plus. So I would recommend them to someone who needs their sims unlocked by a reputable company.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 07:53 AM   #9
mfilova
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to mfilova
Quote:
Hey,

Hi bro, What is your original carrier that your device is locked to ?

Thanks!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone