Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Guys,
I have 4S in perfect visual and working condition with AppleCare until 09.12.13.
I am still under heavy consideration what to do, so I need a bit of your help and opinions.
I have read that 5S is coming sooner than expected (may be before the summer?), so what is smarter decision - to get 5 now and sell my 4S or wait until 5S appears and buy it. I wouldn't be as much doubted as if this consideration was happening two months ago, but now which move is worthier?

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I'd keep the 4S. I don't always have to have the latest and greatest, and to me there really isn't a big enough difference to warrant going to the 5.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
Guys,
I have 4S in perfect visual and working condition with AppleCare until 09.12.13.
I am still under heavy consideration what to do, so I need a bit of your help and opinions.
I have read that 5S is coming sooner than expected (may be before the summer?), so what is smarter decision - to get 5 now and sell my 4S or wait until 5S appears and buy it. I wouldn't be as much doubted as if this consideration was happening two months ago, but now which move is worthier?

Keep the 4S - I've heard a lot of complaints about it. Things ranging from bending, to scratching, to wi-fi/battery issues. You're better off purchasing the iPhone 5S when that rolls around -- by then, Apple will have had enough time to smooth out all of the problems people have been experiencing with the first phone.

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
I'd keep the 4s also. I have't had any sort of negative experience with the 5, but the 4s is perfectly adequate until the 5s is released.

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
My brother just upgraded from his 4S to a 5 and he says it wasn't really worth it. The 5 seems to be just as fast as the 4S, at least for the stuff he does on his mobile, which is mainly Facebook, some browsing, music, texting and calls.

I, for one, still use my 4 and the features on the newer iPhones so far haven't been able to convince me that I need a newer one.

Dr Sam Beckett

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012
just depends on what you use your phone for. i for one. ..love my iphone 5.. you dont see much performance increase other than LTE..which i have true unlimited with VZW and unlimited tethering..so that alone is worth it to me for an unlimited mobile 50 mbps connection... I love the new form factor.. much lighter and thinner but thats about it.

So if the above arent important.. then just wait for the 5s or 6

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Keep the 4S - I've heard a lot of complaints about it. Things ranging from bending, to scratching, to wi-fi/battery issues. You're better off purchasing the iPhone 5S when that rolls around -- by then, Apple will have had enough time to smooth out all of the problems people have been experiencing with the first phone.

You'll hear a lot of complaints about the iPhone 5S ranging from bending, to scratching, to wi-fi battery issues, only because they're over-amplified here :rolleyes:

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I wouldn't be as much doubted as if this consideration was happening two months ago, but now which move is worthier?

Exactly. The novelty has worn off. 10 kids in your block already have one, so... unless there is a MUST-HAVE feature to you, or ur not happy with 4s, why?

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
You'll hear a lot of complaints about the iPhone 5S ranging from bending, to scratching, to wi-fi battery issues, only because they're over-amplified here :rolleyes:

True. Same thing with every previous iPhone. Understandably, people are more likely to express their issues with the product here than their lack of issues.

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Thank you all , guys!
I will most probably keep my 4S and will wait to see what 5S brings up..
Of course, by this time if there is some irresistible attractive offer for my beloved 4S, I will take an advantage of it.
Thank you all one more time!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.