Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:28 AM   #1601
Gungai
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adutrumque View Post
Actually I have thought of this but that only makes the whole thing longer - again - its long as it is. But sure, I could reconsider.

Are you sure theres no audio quality loss?
It will only add 3 inches and no, there shouldn't be any loss.

Try something like this : http://www.radtech.us/Products/procable-shortz-audio-extender.aspx
Gungai is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:32 AM   #1602
Adutrumque
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungai View Post
It will only add 3 inches and no, there shouldn't be any loss.

Try something like this : http://www.radtech.us/Products/proca...-extender.aspx
Looks like im keeping the Sector 5.

Im going to sell the m50s due to bulkyness outside.
I look like a freaking goofer outside with them.
Adutrumque is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:29 AM   #1603
Synomenon
macrumors member

Got my Sector 5 yesterday. I think I'm going to return it. For a case this expensive, I expected it to be a little more "polished".

See the felt lining bulging out three corners.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Felt.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	389257  
Synomenon is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:37 PM   #1604
archrider
macrumors 6502a

Chrome Sector 5

Even though I currently own two Sector 5 cases, if Element offered a chromed (nickel plated) Sector 5 with maybe the links they used for Black Ops I would fall all over myself ordering it. I wouldn't think twice and I think there would be many others doing the same. The Ronin has nickel but I just don't see wood on a high tech object. if the Ronin had a black composite instead of wood for a lesser price I'm there.

I wish they would respond, whether or not they have plans for this in the near future?

Last edited by archrider; Jan 10, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
archrider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:01 PM   #1605
Swayzee
macrumors member

I wish they started selling different backplates already. I am really waiting for the CF one, i hope they were able to fix the problems that they had with them.
Swayzee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:41 AM   #1606
duffc
macrumors newbie

I ordered the Sector 5 with overnight shipping and 10% off coupon. Hopefully I get it soon.
duffc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:40 PM   #1607
heelsbigc
macrumors member

Just got my silver sector 5 and a black ops. The black ops fits perfectly, but the silver is a little wonky. The right hand side flexes in and out and clicks. Is there an adjustment to make it fit better or is this a defect?
heelsbigc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:25 AM   #1608
archrider
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsbigc View Post
Just got my silver sector 5 and a black ops. The black ops fits perfectly, but the silver is a little wonky. The right hand side flexes in and out and clicks. Is there an adjustment to make it fit better or is this a defect?
I have a first edition and a silver. Both are a very tight fit to the extent that it was hard to align screw holes. Did you use the rash guards? If not they would be loose.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:30 AM   #1609
heelsbigc
macrumors member

Didnt put on the rash guards as I've got some colored ones on the way. I'm confused why the one case fits so perfectly but the other one seems so off. I've sent element an email about it.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:47 AM   #1610
Dexy
macrumors regular

Can you post a pic of case?
Dexy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:20 PM   #1611
heelsbigc
macrumors member

Red face i'm a dumbass

I figured it out. It was good old fashioned user error. The hard backplate from the black ops was mis-aligned just enough to get in the way of the right side of the silver case. I took the backplate off and both cases fit fine.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:50 PM   #1612
heelsbigc
macrumors member

Well ****. I just pulled out my phone to check the score of the game and the right side is clicking/moving again with the silver case.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:28 PM   #1613
Synomenon
macrumors member

Nm

Last edited by Synomenon; Feb 25, 2013 at 07:17 PM.
Synomenon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:35 PM   #1614
ECUpirate44
Banned

Dropped mine from about 5 feet today on pavement. Tiny nicks on 3 corners and screen is fine. Very impressed.
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:36 PM   #1615
heelsbigc
macrumors member

Element agreed my silver case sounded defective is going to replace it. Good customer service.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:16 PM   #1616
rjbeh
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synomenon View Post
Is it normal for the left side of the Sector 5 to "bow" out like mine?
Yup. Its normal. I have the same with my black ops and FE. I remove that piece of lining. If you're worried about the scuff issue, put on a side decal and you're good.
rjbeh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:01 AM   #1617
heelsbigc
macrumors member

Anyone know if any of Seidio's springclip holsters will fit the sector 5?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:59 PM   #1618
v3rn
macrumors regular

Well I've had my FE Sector 5 since the first batch, and it's not holding up so well. It's almost as if it's beginning to stretch and my phone is almost falling out of the bumper now. The phone moves a bunch in the bumper, it's not solid at all. I think it may have to do with the foam on the inside being flattened now. So now the phone isn't tight and it's wiggling all around in the bumper.

Going to email Element support and see what they say. But this should not be happening on a $160 case.
v3rn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:18 PM   #1619
Dexy
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rn View Post
Well I've had my FE Sector 5 since the first batch, and it's not holding up so well. It's almost as if it's beginning to stretch and my phone is almost falling out of the bumper now. The phone moves a bunch in the bumper, it's not solid at all. I think it may have to do with the foam on the inside being flattened now. So now the phone isn't tight and it's wiggling all around in the bumper.

Going to email Element support and see what they say. But this should not be happening on a $160 case.
can you post a pic of this?
Dexy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:42 PM   #1620
v3rn
macrumors regular

Sure, I'll post some videos of it tomorrow.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:52 AM   #1621
mattdouin
macrumors newbie

I ordered a case less than 2 weeks ago and have received it. The fitment isn't that good and I'm looking at trying to get it replaced as well.
I uploaded a file to YouTube so that element could see it. Sorry about the shakiness daughter helped record it.
http://youtu.be/Yl2eEOb7BgM
mattdouin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:48 PM   #1622
map1978
macrumors 68020

Anyone want to sell there silver or gunmetal blackplate?

pm me if so, thanks
map1978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:17 PM   #1623
v3rn
macrumors regular

I forgot to post a video/picture of my loose case. But Element is replacing it. They sent me a prepaid label and I sent it out today. Hopefully I'll receive a new one quickly. I have to say, I've lost a bit of the love I had for the case because of it. I thought the thing would be indestructible, but it looks like that is far from the case.

When the case was on, you could slide one side of the case down and shift the case back and forth. And the phone was loose enough where it was almost falling out of the case. And I think it has to do with the microsuede on the inside of the case. So I wouldn't be surprised if every case ends up like this.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:43 PM   #1624
archrider
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rn View Post
I forgot to post a video/picture of my loose case. But Element is replacing it. They sent me a prepaid label and I sent it out today. Hopefully I'll receive a new one quickly. I have to say, I've lost a bit of the love I had for the case because of it. I thought the thing would be indestructible, but it looks like that is far from the case.

When the case was on, you could slide one side of the case down and shift the case back and forth. And the phone was loose enough where it was almost falling out of the case. And I think it has to do with the microsuede on the inside of the case. So I wouldn't be surprised if every case ends up like this.
I've had an FE on since the beginning. It was so tight I found it hard to join the link to screw it together. I also have a silver model I had on for a couple of weeks. It was the same struggle to get on. Back to the FE still extremely tight. Did you use the rash guards? If you used a skin that doesn't wrap over the chamfer, maybe that allows looseness.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:48 PM   #1625
v3rn
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by archrider View Post
I've had an FE on since the beginning. It was so tight I found it hard to join the link to screw it together. I also have a silver model I had on for a couple of weeks. It was the same struggle to get on. Back to the FE still extremely tight. Did you use the rash guards? If you used a skin that doesn't wrap over the chamfer, maybe that allows looseness.
I used the LuckyLabs wrap around the edges. And the case was so loose, there's no way having the sticker on the chamfer would make any difference.

When I first got the case, it was as you describe and I had to squeeze it to screw it together. But that is no longer the case. If you held the edges of the case and shook the phone, you could feel the phone moving around inside the bumper.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories