Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrSniffles69

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
Unboxing!! :D

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 183

MrSniffles69

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
Case on my phone!

Attachments

• IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0269.jpg
    IMG_0269.jpg
    720.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    826.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    939.9 KB · Views: 163

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Noooo wayyy are you serious thats crazy i love this case and it looks so sick!!

Hope the same thing doesnt happen to me my friends are all retards hahaha

they said it was a waste of money

I think the white looks pretty good with the FE. It has a blueish color in some lights.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Just a little update, my sector five SE black case I got on November 6th has some nicks and scrapes on it now, haven't dropped it and keep it in the transit case while at work, might look into the black ops of the level 3 anodizing is better and holds up more, ill post pics when I get home

v3rn

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2010
Just a little update, my sector five SE black case I got on November 6th has some nicks and scrapes on it now, haven't dropped it and keep it in the transit case while at work, might look into the black ops of the level 3 anodizing is better and holds up more, ill post pics when I get home

I've dropped my FE case a few times already. There are a few dings and scratches. Doesn't look too bad though, which is one of the reasons I went with the gunmetal instead of black.

But I don't think any anodizing is going to completely protect the finish. Aluminum is pretty soft, even if it's anodized.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
I've dropped my FE case a few times already. There are a few dings and scratches. Doesn't look too bad though, which is one of the reasons I went with the gunmetal instead of black.

But I don't think any anodizing is going to completely protect the finish. Aluminum is pretty soft, even if it's anodized.

Yeah but I haven't dropped it yet, I keep it in the case or in my pocket with keys and anything else metal in the opposite pocket so it's pretty prone to damage probably around the same as the actual iphone itself, I would like to see how the black ops hold up with level 3 anodizing over a few months

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
I guess I'm glad opted fir the black ops after all. I used a belt case so should not get scratched by keys, but know will eventally drop it and it will get dent or scratched. I wonder how would the blackops would look with the black interconnecting links rather than the yellow ones, too bad sold my FE's before getting the new ones.....

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
I guess I'm glad opted fir the black ops after all. I used a belt case so should not get scratched by keys, but know will eventally drop it and it will get dent or scratched. I wonder how would the blackops would look with the black interconnecting links rather than the yellow ones, too bad sold my FE's before getting the new ones.....

That's why I stuck with the black FE I don't really like the amber inserts and I got mine for 110 dollars so its hard to justify paying twice as much just for better anodizing and a different back plate etc

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
I didn't say don't like them, rather wonder how the type 3 anodized finish would look with the black CNC blocks. I know EC will eventually sell parts for customization, so who knows.... :)

bwerner25

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2012
Texas
I've been using my S5 at home for a few days and I'm kind of disappointed in it. It just didn't have the wow factor I thought it would have. Don't get me wrong, the case has exceptional workmanship and in my opinion is a great design. However, I did order it the day before they introduced the Ronin and I've always been partial to wood cases. So I guess I'm going to sell it and order the Ronin. I think it'll look better with the white phone too.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
I didn't say don't like them, rather wonder how the type 3 anodized finish would look with the black CNC blocks. I know EC will eventually sell parts for customization, so who knows.... :)

Can you keep us updated on the finish how well it holds up, if its durable/more durable then the standard edition

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Got the DSLR back, here's some proper pics this time. Black SE + Black Screws + Red Spectra Wraps + SGP Aluminum home button + Trunket black front/back.

la6s8.jpg

NWAKw.jpg

ny8jG.jpg

MeJIO.jpg

v3rn

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2010
Got the DSLR back, here's some proper pics this time. Black SE + Black Screws + Red Spectra Wraps + SGP Aluminum home button + Trunket black front/back.

la6s8.jpg

NWAKw.jpg

ny8jG.jpg

MeJIO.jpg

I like that Trunket back. It looks exactly like the Carved back, but I like the elephant inlay. I just can't justify the price over the Carved one.

Gungai

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
actually bought 2, plan was to keep one and profit on the second one, but ended up re-selling both, making this one only $85 !! :D.

Off-topic: Where did you sell your cases? I have some Element vapor pro cases for iPhone 4S I want to sell...

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
Did anyone order a Sector 5 on December 17 or later (in the December 20th ship batch) that had their order processed and shipped already?

I ordered 9 days ago and the order is still processing. I am worried that my case won't ship out before the December 27th batch starts shipping which would case an even greater delay.

Krulesall

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2012
I ordered the silver se on the 14th and it was supposed to start shipping on the 20th but I haven't gotten an email yet. Hopefully it'll ship before Friday. Getting tired of waiting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.