Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Hm.. that's strange.. I see nothing wrong with the it. Any idea why they decided to pull the ad?

I'm still waiting for a link to these apple sites that claim the ad was pulled. Why on earth would Apple pull an ad the day after it was released?

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
What if I don't have Christmas

I'm not buying macs anymore. Period

Last edited:

Akarin

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2011
Nyon, Switzerland
This has to be the worst commercial Apple has ever made. It just sucks. Tones, colors, message, old guy's face, script... everything is wrong.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
What a bunch of pretentious pseudo-aesthetes we've got on these boards. It's a freaking TV commercial! Thirty seconds and it's over, a few days and it's gone forever. Trust me, your life won't be changed by it either way.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
plot twist

it's actually Chatroulette and when it's time for him to play a song, he takes his clothes off

Ay_Zimmy

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
To everyone this is a genius ad. It's showing a girl playing to her grandfather. Who's gonna buy the iPad? Maybe the parents, and it's a good way to get it for the kids. Maybe get the grandparents one and show them how to FaceTime

macaddict23

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2006
MacVille, USA
Appropriately, grandpa has the large iPad. I've heard a couple of older iPad users say the iPad mini screen is just too small for them to read.

Or it could be a design decision. In the Western world, the target audience of this ad, we read from left to read. So it's more appropriate to have the focal point, the girl singing and the bigger iPad, be on the left side.

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2011
Best Apple ad in recent memory IMO. Perfectly conveys the realworld use, without beating you over the head with specs.

I'm 6,500 away from my family, but thanks to the magic of facetime/skype we will be spending a few minutes of christmas face, to face.

herbapou

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2011
Apple is losing steam:(.

Why would Apple release a cheaper product to replace a more expensive product? I don't get it. Maybe it's a good idea to lower down the revenue.

This is a cheap TV ad, I don't like it..... It suggests that old man should better use an iPad. Is it because it will be too difficult for an old man to use OSX or old man has no money to buy a 27" iMac.

Why does the girl not use a full size iPad? Parents are cheap?

One more time, this is a CHEAP TV ad:mad:

Wow, could you possibly get more negative... Unreal

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I wasn't sure where to put this but it didn't feel like it belonged anywhere else but here. Just saw this commercial for Google Chrome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1sT7QV8nfU

Now that was a well done commercial in my mind. This struck me right off the bat and really stuck with me after it was over. They really draw out emotion with this ad and only focuses on what it can do for you and bringing you closer to your loved ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.