Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
So I have a 64 fb iPad and was wondering if I could save my movies and tv shows to iCloud because its taking up a lot of space

hsuthard

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
If the TV shows and movies were purchased through iTunes, you can delete them and re-download them later when you want to watch again. No need for iCloud.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
So I have a 64 fb iPad and was wondering if I could save my movies and tv shows to iCloud because its taking up a lot of space

If they were not bought from ITunes, no. Apple don't allow you to save your own rips to icloud no matter how much storage you purchase. Use a third party service as others have suggested.

Last edited:

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
I bought the tv shows and the movie through iTunes so what I could delete all of them and play them through iTunes

Burton8219

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2007
Easy solution... Buy iTunes Match and access them through your shared library in iTunes activate home sharing in the settings of iTunes

Mliii

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2006
Southern California
If the TV shows and movies were purchased through iTunes, you can delete them and re-download them later when you want to watch again. No need for iCloud.

This is not accurate.
I have a number of movies purchased through iTunes and deleted from my hard drive. When I've tried to re-download them, I get a message telling me that they were purchased too long ago to re-download. My only option is to purchase them again.
Ridiculous...:mad:

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Wow really so I bought tv shows and a movie only way to re watch them is to have them on my iPad?! Not familiar with Dropbox and other cloud storages

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.