Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weas

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
Seville, Spain
I have the iPad 4 with the icarbon skin for the iPad3 (just the back, white with red logo) and it still looks awesome. The only difference is the bottom cut out for the charger.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Just ordered a rear, white carbon for my 4th gen, I'll post some install pictures, should be here in a couple of days (they're located just south of me in Florida).

There's a Christmas coupon for 20% off too, Gift20

glen e

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Could you guys please post personal pictures after installation, the website always looks really good with their pictures.

the reason is you really can't screw it up and they always look good - it is a stiff skin that does not get bubbles - I've done at least a dozen over the years:
AAFA27A4-79CE-4455-B49A-6E8AFDB614AF-3947-000009EE671EFB6A.jpg

AD96B266-3832-4077-97DA-BD2D5D2FDC33-1504-0000034344E216A6.jpg

70328b6a.jpg

Last edited:

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
the reason is you really can't screw it up and they always look good - it is a stiff skin that does not get bubbles - I've done at least a dozen over the years:

Awesome. Hope I can do just a good of a job. I'm generally pretty handy with this sort of thing (do my own vinyl for my car numbers for race events).

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
it's stiffer stuff than your race numbers...no problem...

Excellent, yeah, my numbers are super soft, er, and generally not bubble free :D

If I have an questions, ill post in here, you and some of the other folks look like you've got it down perfect!

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
it's stiffer stuff than your race numbers...no problem...

Got mine in, got it installed, no problems. Softening the corners with a blowdryer so they'd conform to the case was incredible easy. I could shoot some pics, but it looks basically like the pics above (I used the black carbon insert for the logo (it came with black and red ... thinking about seeing if they have a blue one to match my Smartcover :D )

Happy Holidays :)

MrMacBookPro

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
FL
ordered the icarbons "back only" carbon skin lat night.. Also have this on my MacPro.. Great quality and fits perfect IMO:D

Tydog07

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2011
Ann Arbor, Mi
Got mine in, got it installed, no problems. Softening the corners with a blowdryer so they'd conform to the case was incredible easy. I could shoot some pics, but it looks basically like the pics above (I used the black carbon insert for the logo (it came with black and red ... thinking about seeing if they have a blue one to match my Smartcover :D )

Happy Holidays :)

ordered the icarbons "back only" carbon skin lat night.. Also have this on my MacPro.. Great quality and fits perfect IMO:D

Go ahead, post some pictures of how it looks. We dare you. :apple:

I just want to see more consumer pictures before I commit.

MrMacBookPro

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
FL
no problem.. But i will tell you that the CF skin for my macbook pro fits perfect.. I suspect the same for the ipad.. Should be here tomorrow or Saturday...

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Go ahead, post some pictures of how it looks. We dare you. :apple:

I just want to see more consumer pictures before I commit.

Will do!

ymy4a9uj.jpg

ugyhuqu3.jpg

6e6avehu.jpg

It's great because it also provides protection vs. the SmartCover hinge which can nick up the edge of the ipad

Last edited:

Tydog07

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2011
Ann Arbor, Mi
Will do!

It's great because it also provides protection vs. the SmartCover hinge which can nick up the edge of the ipad

Yeah, I really like that a lot. I think they make a great product, though a little expensive, but we already use really expensive products haha!

Anyhow, I can't decide if I'd want the CF skin, don't get me wrong, it's super sexy and I really really like it, I just don't know if it's a little flashy to be carrying around the bschool/campus.

I purchased the Incipio smart feather back case this morning because I got it in like-new condition on amazon for $10/half price but if I find it to be too bulky, I may switch to a zagg ski or iCarbonz.

Thanks for posting the pictures. To everyone else: please keep posting if you have installed one!

MrMacBookPro

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
FL
installed the black icarbon skin today on my ipad 3.. I must have heated one of the corners to much as it looks a little funny and stretched a bit.. Fit is really good but not happy with that one corner..

Also installed the Spigen SQ clear screen protector... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.