Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:34 AM   #1
WOLF COUNSELOR
macrumors newbie

Arrow Battery boost apps

Before I start with the thread, Merry Christmas everyone!

Regarding the apps, do they really work? I'm looking into purchasing the Boost magic pro app if it indeed does make a difference. I have looked up videos on it but no one seems to confirm its effectiveness, just its functions. Let me know what you guys think. Do you guys know of a different one that has a better impact?

Thanks beforehand!
WOLF COUNSELOR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:24 PM   #2
buryfan
macrumors newbie

Apps like that just give you advice on how to save power, they don't actually do anything themselves
buryfan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:32 PM   #3
Radiating
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by buryfan View Post
Apps like that just give you advice on how to save power, they don't actually do anything themselves
Yes. It is impossible to improve battery life that way. Technology doesn't work that way.
Radiating is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:41 PM   #4
inselstudent
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiating View Post
Yes. It is impossible to improve battery life that way. Technology doesn't work that way.
Strictly speaking it is possible to save battery power with an app, but the apps in the AppStore can't do that kind of stuff because Apple doesn't want them to have such powers. There are apps for jailbroken iPhones like Auto3G which automatically disable specified radios e.g. when the display turns off.
inselstudent is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:46 PM   #5
WOLF COUNSELOR
macrumors newbie

This is what I thought, basically the same with android but I wanted to be sure since apple uses a different battery than most android phones and this app had nearly perfect reviews. I guess a lot of people spent a buck on free advice you can find online for free. Cant wait for this JB to fall through for the Iphone 5.
WOLF COUNSELOR is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone