Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:21 AM   #1
RedCroissant
macrumors 68000

Reverse scrolling on iBook G4 trackpad?

Is there an application or terminal command that reverse the scrolling on my iBook G4? I would like it to function the same way all of my other devices do if possible. Thanks in advance.

27" iMac, 3.2GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 3TB HDD; 32GB iPad 1 WiFi+3G; 30GB iPod Video 5G
RedCroissant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:01 PM   #2
gaboshenia
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCroissant View Post
Is there an application or terminal command that reverse the scrolling on my iBook G4? I would like it to function the same way all of my other devices do if possible. Thanks in advance.

I use iScroll2 on my G4 PowerBook for that. Install it and check "invert direction" from iScroll settings in system pref.

EDIT:
oh, ahm...the above is completley useless if you're on an ibook that was built after 2005 with official support for two finger scrolling..

 MacBook Unibody Al |2GHZ/4gb/256mb/160gb OS 10.8.4|
 iPhone 4 |16gb Black|
gaboshenia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:04 PM   #3
ppcg4mac
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Try this, I have no idea if it is PPC compatible, but it is 10.4 and 10.5 compatible.

http://pilotmoon.com/scrollreverser/

iPod Touch 2g 16 GB, Dell Optiplex 755, Pentium 3 "Server", Whatever the library runs.
ppcg4mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:13 PM   #4
eyoungren
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
It's PowerPC compatible. I use it on my 2006 17" Mac.
eyoungren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:26 PM   #5
RedCroissant
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaboshenia View Post
I use iScroll2 on my G4 PowerBook for that. Install it and check "invert direction" from iScroll settings in system pref.

EDIT:
oh, ahm...the above is completley useless if you're on an ibook that was built after 2005 with official support for two finger scrolling..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcg4mac View Post
Try this, I have no idea if it is PPC compatible, but it is 10.4 and 10.5 compatible.

http://pilotmoon.com/scrollreverser/
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoungren View Post
It's PowerPC compatible. I use it on my 2006 17" Mac.
All of you = AWESOME. Yes, thank you very much. I don't know why this didn't come up when I was searching for it, but I am now very happy. Thanks again!

Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:42 PM   #6
eyoungren
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
I wanted to mention AveScroller this morning, but I was not at my Mac at the time. Here it is now. AveScroller gives you intertia scrolling and also has reverse scrolling built in (if you want it). It's not free, but this combined with iScroll2 gives my 2003 Mac the same kind of scrolling you can find on the newer Macs.

EDIT: Also, you may want to look here. I've used this terminal command (it's only for 10.5 Leopard), but it didn't really work for me. That's when I hunted down AveScroller.

Last edited by eyoungren; Dec 27, 2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:14 PM   #7
skateny
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I had my iBook for about two years before I learned that it could do two-finger scrolling. I found out from a post on one of these threads. Glad I did. I love it.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:13 PM   #8
RedCroissant
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateny View Post
I had my iBook for about two years before I learned that it could do two-finger scrolling. I found out from a post on one of these threads. Glad I did. I love it.
The funny thing now is that even though my iBook scrolls the same way that my other devices do, I am having trouble initially(the way I did in the beginning) training myself to scroll properly.

Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:16 PM   #9
MisterKeeks
macrumors 68000

Quote:
The funny thing now is that even though my iBook scrolls the same way that my other devices do, I am having trouble initially(the way I did in the beginning) training myself to scroll properly.
We have a Macbook Pro. We took it somewhere while we were still running 10.6, and we were working with someone with a MBP running 10.7. Every time someone switched computers, we had to relearn how to scroll. Horrible.
MisterKeeks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:38 PM   #10
rjcalifornia
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaboshenia View Post

EDIT:
Thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:22 PM   #11
skateny
macrumors 6502

Quote:
It took me some time just to learn how to do it the default way.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:25 PM   #12
Wildy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoungren View Post
I wanted to mention AveScroller this morning, but I was not at my Mac at the time. Here it is now. AveScroller gives you intertia scrolling and also has reverse scrolling built in (if you want it). It's not free, but this combined with iScroll2 gives my 2003 Mac the same kind of scrolling you can find on the newer Macs.

EDIT: Also, you may want to look here. I've used this terminal command (it's only for 10.5 Leopard), but it didn't really work for me. That's when I hunted down AveScroller.
Thanks for the heads up, I've just purchased a copy! The inertial scrolling feels really nice.
Wildy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:27 PM   #13
eyoungren
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
Thanks for the heads up, I've just purchased a copy! The inertial scrolling feels really nice.
Cool! I like it a lot. Makes scrolling through long web pages or pages of text very easy.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs