Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boston Rhett

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2012
DC
On the coverbuddy which color did you guys get ?

I have a black ipad mini. & dark gray Smart Cover ,

I'm undecided between the black glossy coverbuddy or dark grey matte coverbuddy

I have the dark gray Coverbuddy to go with my white iPad mini and red Smart Cover.

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
Anyone order a cover buddy post Xmas and actually receive a ship confirmation or any communication? I ordered one early on the 26th, so far nothing has happened other then they immediately got my money upon clicking "place order"... And a PayPal email confirming placement of my order.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Anyone order a cover buddy post Xmas and actually receive a ship confirmation or any communication? I ordered one early on the 26th, so far nothing has happened other then they immediately got my money upon clicking "place order"... And a PayPal email confirming placement of my order.

You can try contacting them and they should let you know if there's a hold up.

Contact SwitchEasy

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Thanks, will do. Not the first time I've ordered from them but they sure aren't the most efficient at processing orders...

I ordered a CoverBuddy a few weeks back and it seemed like it took a day or so to ship out. I can't remember the exact time, sorry.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
I ordered mine in early December, got an email saying the delivery was to be delayed until early January, and it suddenly arrived on Dec 20th.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Just got the Devicewear from Ridge (on Amazon). They had a post-Xmas 10% off promotion. Love the case. Protection where I need it and pretty lightweight. Also can be used as a stand.

After rolling naked with my iPad 3 (actually had it in a felt sleeve) and recently dropping it, cannot take risk with the new mini.

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
Guess I jumped the gun... :eek:
Just got a ship confirmation w/tracking email. It shipped on the 28th. Walked out to the mailbox and voila! :D

It's a good looking cover. Glad I ordered it.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Guess I jumped the gun... :eek:
Just got a ship confirmation w/tracking email. It shipped on the 28th. Walked out to the mailbox and voila! :D

It's a good looking cover. Glad I ordered it.

What case?

I got the smart cover and putting a Zagg back shield on.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
My Sena Ultraslim that I preordered showed up today. Wasn't supposed to ship until mid January. Pretty nice so far. Includes magnets for sleep/wake.

Steve

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I got apple care and will just replace it when it gets scratched up.

I just hope you're aware Apple doesn't have to replace it, even if you have AppleCare+ and want to pay the $49 fee.

From the AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions:

"ADH (Accidental Damage from Handling) coverage does not include (a) protection against normal wear and tear, theft, misplacement, reckless, abusive, willful or intentional conduct associated with handling and use of the Covered iPad

4. What is not covered?

(v) The Plan does not apply to cosmetic damage to the Covered iPad, including but not limited to scratches and dents, that do not otherwise affect the functionality of the Covered iPad;"

http://images.apple.com/legal/applecare/docs/applecareplusforipadenglish.pdf

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
The Ultraslim is a sleeve/pouch, right..??

Yeppers!
http://www.senacases.com/apple/ipad-mini/ultraslim/

Note that for pre-order it was discounted $5 and then I was able to find a 20% off coupon online. I ended up paying around $35 for it.

I think I have all the bases covered now. I have an Otterbox Defender for those time when I want my Mini to be a little more protected, a Switcheasy Cover Buddy and Apple Smart Cover and now the Ultra Slim.

Steve

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Here's mine with an iCarbons skin installed that I did yesterday. The sleeve is one I found on Etsy.

Attachments

• 2012-12-29 15.51.29.jpg
    2012-12-29 15.51.29.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 188

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
How does it fit? Nice? I might get the clear one just to be safe. I don't want to much bulk.

I have the clear Cover Buddy.. it doesn't add much bulk, especially when compared to most of the other cases out there. Its not as thin as a skin of course but its not bad at all.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I have the clear Cover Buddy.. it doesn't add much bulk, especially when compared to most of the other cases out there. Its not as thin as a skin of course but its not bad at all.

Thanks, do you have a smart cover? Also can you post pictures?

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
Thanks, do you have a smart cover? Also can you post pictures?

Here's a few quick shots.. Let me know if theres anything else I can show ya..

I have a Dark Gray Smart Cover, I like it. I'd prefer leather but for now it'll do. I know some of the reviews I've seen said it comes off easy but I haven't experienced that at all. the CoverBuddy is great, I really like it. I'm debating whether or not to go to a skin instead but I do sorta like having something protect it from a dent or ding. Also, I have a black iPhone 5 and see how the bezel has taken some abuse and the Coverbuddy protects from that, a skin wouldn't.

Attachments

• IMG_2194.JPG
    IMG_2194.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2193.JPG
    IMG_2193.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_2191.JPG
    IMG_2191.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2195.JPG
    IMG_2195.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2196.JPG
    IMG_2196.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 174

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Here's a few quick shots.. Let me know if theres anything else I can show ya..

I have a Dark Gray Smart Cover, I like it. I'd prefer leather but for now it'll do. I know some of the reviews I've seen said it comes off easy but I haven't experienced that at all. the CoverBuddy is great, I really like it. I'm debating whether or not to go to a skin instead but I do sorta like having something protect it from a dent or ding. Also, I have a black iPhone 5 and see how the bezel has taken some abuse and the Coverbuddy protects from that, a skin wouldn't.

Would the coverbuddy fit ok with a skin protector on the back of the mini ?

And can you post that wallpaper

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.