Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aarif2012

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2012
haha found one with perfect "winter feel"!!!

I think I can give it as Xmas present !!!:apple:

Last edited:

Lisa5892

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
Hong Kong
PDN CASE iPad Mini Case

Was it conceived by a premium polyurethane cow?

:cool:yes, it's made of premium and durable polyurethane leather. they also have thess types, you can have a check.

1_副本.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/PDN-CASE-Vert...RXFCLZBPIETA&qid=1355974603&s=generic&sr=1-11

2_副本.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/PDN-CASE-Orig...RXFCLZBPIETA&qid=1355974603&s=generic&sr=1-24

That70sGAdawg

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2008
Athens, GA USA
"He who shall not be named" has the Yoobao Executive case for the iPad mini listed on his site for $27.99. I figured there might be some people interested considering the history of this case for the other iPads.

http://tinyurl.com/awkno8o

This and the 12 South (which I have their MacBook case) both block the speakers as far as the pictures show. Block the speaker and the case is NOT a consideration..
We need a quality leather case like MacCase, or Waterfield SF bags: but they don't have anything yet.
Even the iHome suede would be a welcome addition retail, or net !

Last edited:

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
This and the 12 South (which I have their MacBook case) both block the speakers as far as the pictures show. Block the speaker and the case is NOT a consideration..
We need a quality leather case like MacCase, or Waterfield SF bags: but they don't have anything yet.
Even the iHome suede would be a welcome addition retail, or net !

Can't speak for the 12 South, but which pics are you looking at that makes you think the speakers are covered on the Yoobao? The site does not even show pics of the speaker area. I used this case briefly and there are hole cutouts in the speaker area and the sound was not muffled or affected in any way.

yoobao5.jpg

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Be careful, the Ridge, although a great case in many respects, among the best in my opinion, does NOT PROTECT your iPad corners. Does a great job of protecting every other part, and works great in enhancing the handling of the mini, but after a few weeks of the case and one minor fall of less than one foot I have dinged and scrapped ipad corners, and damaged glass. The magnet is not that strong and the flap easily looses connection after a few weeks. Wonderful design for handling the mini. Feels great, and generally a niece bit of kit. But it's not a case for offering great protection out in the world.

In my opinion it's an 'inside case' not an 'outside' one.

Wish apple made more robust stuff. It's all beautiful, but almost ephemeral. My 2 year old Nook Color looks in better shape than my 2 week old iPad mini.

Same goes for all my Apple products, and I've owned a few. Next time will buy a used pre dinged idevice. :)

Well the corners are covered so, I am not sure how they're not protected. Do you mean that despite the covered corners, your ipad was still damaged? From 1 foot fall?

If so, that says more about the Ipads fragile nature than that of the case.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Well the corners are covered so, I am not sure how they're not protected. Do you mean that despite the covered corners, your ipad was still damaged? From 1 foot fall?

If so, that says more about the Ipads fragile nature than that of the case.

I have the Ridge and I see what mjonesgraphics is saying. The top of the four corners are slightly exposed. However, this generally should not be a problem as the top cover should protect it in most cases. Falls in general could cause any case that is not specifically designed for protection problems, but the Ridge should still provide adequate protection in most cases.

That70sGAdawg

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2008
Athens, GA USA
Can't speak for the 12 South, but which pics are you looking at that makes you think the speakers are covered on the Yoobao? The site does not even show pics of the speaker area. I used this case briefly and there are hole cutouts in the speaker area and the sound was not muffled or affected in any way.

Yes, I see the speaker holes now. I ended up ordering this one: http://www.amazon.com/KAVAJ-leather-Berlin-Apple-cognac/dp/B009VK276K/ref=?ie=UTF8&m=ALWNBVGOU9X1J
It has the whole speakers areas cut out, not just holes that will block some sound.

mjonesgraphics

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
I have the Ridge and I see what mjonesgraphics is saying. The top of the four corners are slightly exposed. However, this generally should not be a problem as the top cover should protect it in most cases. Falls in general could cause any case that is not specifically designed for protection problems, but the Ridge should still provide adequate protection in most cases.

Yes, the flap didn't hold shut and probably caused the ipad to bounce even more that it would have done. Thinking of adding some elastic type band for traveling. Should be easy enough to remove once I'm ready to use it. I probably should have realized that the corners were not as protected as I'd hope. Plenty of photos of the case out there.

Live and learn I guess.

Perhaps the ipad itself should be able to withstand a drop of that small height without a case.

The ridge is still my favorite case for the mini. I'll just add that band in future.

Marcellus

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
Branford, CT
"The ridge is still my favorite case for the mini."

Does The Ridge have magnets that hold the bottom cover in place in book/reading mode? Or do you have to keep your hand under the cover to prevent it from hanging down? Thanks.

Namtaro

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2011
I'm looking for a case that's super thin (doesn't need drop protection, just scratch protection) and a smart cover type flap that can prop the iPad Mini up. Origami style flap would be awesome, but as long as the magnetic latch works.

Clear case would be ideal

Any ideas?

mjonesgraphics

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
"The ridge is still my favorite case for the mini."

Does The Ridge have magnets that hold the bottom cover in place in book/reading mode? Or do you have to keep your hand under the cover to prevent it from hanging down? Thanks.

It does not have magnets for that or a metal plate on the back for the magnet to adhere to.. However I've never had a problem while holding in it book mode as it requires hardly any pressure to keep the back from flapping down

Very comfortable to hold in book 'mode'.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
It does not have magnets for that or a metal plate on the back for the magnet to adhere to.. However I've never had a problem while holding in it book mode as it requires hardly any pressure to keep the back from flapping down

Very comfortable to hold in book 'mode'.

There is another case mentioned earlier in the thread. Its the same as the ridge except that it has a snap shut cover but no magnets.

Marcellus

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
Branford, CT
There is another case mentioned earlier in the thread. Its the same as the ridge except that it has a snap shut cover but no magnets.

The Invellop leatherette folio case has magnets that hold the back cover in place in book mode. I don't know which case snaps shut.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.