Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

76ShovelHead

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2010
Florida
Yeah, because reasons.

No, because pickles. :p

Seriously, iTunes needed the optimization, but the feature loss and "dumbing down" was not needed.

I like the new album feature, but I am reluctant to upgrade over coverflow and afew other minor gripes.

76ShovelHead

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2010
Florida
What feature loss and what dumbing down?

Well I haven't upgraded and am not using iTunes 11, however my sister is on her W8 laptop and I set it up for her, and just found it clumsy and confusing coming from iTunes 10.

Again I can't really say what is missing because I haven't used it for more than a couple hours to setup my sister's iPod, though I heard from others that some key features were removed, and I do know that the interface has been redesigned, and albeit very nice it is just too simple for me.

The one thing I did notice right away was that cover flow was gone, and I also dislike the new mini player. I hope Apple isn't getting ready to abandon the traffic lights!

dazed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
It seems incredibly slow compared to v10, especially when adding info and really unintuitive. I was trying to set it up for my in laws and it was a bit of a pig.

I'm not sure who thought this version was a good idea but maybe they should join forstall on gardening leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.