Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:02 AM   #1376
heehee
macrumors 68020

Saw les miserables. Wow. Great cast and i dont think anyone lip sync. A+.
heehee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:23 AM   #1377
LadyX
macrumors Demi-Goddess

I saw The Hobbit in 2D as I really hate 3D (nausea, headache, annoying distraction). Anyway, one of the best movies I've watched in 2012.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:24 AM   #1378
LadyX
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by heehee View Post
Saw les miserables. Wow. Great cast and i dont think anyone lip sync. A+.
I want to watch it!! It looks soo good. It hasn't been released yet in my country.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:24 AM   #1379
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

I'm currently watching "Cyborg Cop ll".

In the great tradition of Ed Wood, Jr., it demonstrates that with a very few dollars you can make a movie totally devoid of script,score, dialogue, acting, cinematography, direction, and anything else which defines a film.

Totally astounding, and I can't stop watching it...it is almost perfect in it's terribleness!!

Must not miss any, back to the film now...
Old Jan 1, 2013, 09:03 AM   #1380
twietee
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
I'm currently watching "Cyborg Cop ll".

In the great tradition of Ed Wood, Jr., it demonstrates that with a very few dollars you can make a movie totally devoid of script,score, dialogue, acting, cinematography, direction, and anything else which defines a film.

Totally astounding, and I can't stop watching it...it is almost perfect in it's terribleness!!

Must not miss any, back to the film now...
Nice. Never saw an Ed Wood movie actually. And to be honest just heard about him because of the Depp movie...which I haven't seen either.

But, since I've seen some really bad movies during the last days here on the telly while I was zapping (not bad in a good way, just completely lost causes) like Eurotrip, Marmaduke, Robin Hood with my good friend Russel Crowe, Slap Her She's French - I was partially forced to see those - I could actually appreciate a well made piece of terribleness!

By the way, accidentally come across The Naked Gun and still like it. Must have been 10 years or so since I saw it the last time. Some good ol' Leslie Nielsen nonsense.
twietee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 09:44 AM   #1381
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by twietee View Post
Nice. Never saw an Ed Wood movie actually. And to be honest just heard about him because of the Depp movie...which I haven't seen either.

But, since I've seen some really bad movies during the last days here on the telly while I was zapping (not bad in a good way, just completely lost causes) like Eurotrip, Marmaduke, Robin Hood with my good friend Russel Crowe, Slap Her She's French - I was partially forced to see those - I could actually appreciate a well made piece of terribleness!

By the way, accidentally come across The Naked Gun and still like it. Must have been 10 years or so since I saw it the last time. Some good ol' Leslie Nielsen nonsense.
This movie is not a well made piece of crap...it is the worst made thing I have seen. Nowhere in the class of the awful Crowe "Robin Hood"! That's "Citizen Kane" compared to this disaster!

Ed Wood movies are definitely worth seeing. "Plan Nine From Outer Space" is generally considered the worst movie ever made, and "Glen and Glenda" is...well, you just have to see it!

In "Cyborg Cop II" the hero, a guy with a 50's greaser haircut, wearing jeans, a black T shirt, a black leather motorcycle jacket, and a FANNY PACK hanging down in front, speaks the line..."I was born for danger". This film is perfectly bad in ALL ways. It is truly, indescribably, bad. But it's like seeing an horrible, gory auto wreck...you know you shouldn't look, but you can't stop yourself.

If you are a fan of really bad movies...well...you might want to miss this one.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:20 PM   #1382
Scepticalscribe
Contributor

Aaaah. As I write, the immortal 'Wizard of Oz' is concluding on one of the British TV channels (Channel 4). What can I say? Like the exquisite book it was based on, an absolute gem and a truly timeless and utterly charming classic.

Last edited by Scepticalscribe; Jan 1, 2013 at 01:28 PM.
Scepticalscribe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 02:11 PM   #1383
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepticalscribe View Post
Aaaah. As I write, the immortal 'Wizard of Oz' is concluding on one of the British TV channels (Channel 4). What can I say? Like the exquisite book it was based on, an absolute gem and a truly timeless and utterly charming classic.
When we were kids, before cable, they would show WoO once a year, on Sunday, on a local station. We always tried to catch it.
Huntn is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 02:14 PM   #1384
EricNau

I too saw Les Mis. Absolutely phenomenal.
EricNau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:59 PM   #1385
twietee
macrumors 68040

Watched Brando aka The Wild One. That voice....adorable!
twietee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:06 PM   #1386
Plutonius
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyX View Post
I saw The Hobbit in 2D as I really hate 3D (nausea, headache, annoying distraction). Anyway, one of the best movies I've watched in 2012.
I would agree it was a great movie if I hadn't read the book first. To me, it looked like they were just putting in filler material to make it three movies (for the money). I very much doubt I will see the next two parts in the movie theater.
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:38 PM   #1387
The.316
macrumors 65816

Watched The Young Victoria this morning, and really liked it a lot.

And I saw Lincoln tonight, and I must say, it was one of the best movies I have seen in some time. The whole cast was sensational, and I thought Daniel-Day Lewis played Lincoln superbly.
The.316 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:14 PM   #1388
Scepticalscribe
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.316 View Post
Watched The Young Victoria this morning, and really liked it a lot.

And I saw Lincoln tonight, and I must say, it was one of the best movies I have seen in some time. The whole cast was sensational, and I thought Daniel-Day Lewis played Lincoln superbly.
I look forward to having the opportunity of seeing the Lincoln movie when it is released on this side of the Atlantic; it got excellent reviews, and your remarks add to that. Thanks for posting your impressions.
Scepticalscribe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 09:12 PM   #1389
Roller
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyX View Post
I know some people have criticized it for being too long, saying the book could have been covered in one movie. Maybe, but I liked that there was time to go into more detail with the story and the characters. I'm looking forward to the next two parts.

I also saw Django Unchained a few days ago. My favorite Quentin Tarantino movie so far.
Roller is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:58 PM   #1390
Plutonius
macrumors 601

[QUOTE=Roller;16588021Maybe, but I liked that there was time to go into more detail with the story and the characters.[/QUOTE]

Going into detail is one thing but adding additional plots and fillers in the Hobbit just to make it three movies is un-acceptable to me. I also didn't care for them changing things from the book just to support having three movies (especially the troll encounter which I was looking forward to).
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 02:01 AM   #1391
LadyX
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post
I know some people have criticized it for being too long, saying the book could have been covered in one movie. Maybe, but I liked that there was time to go into more detail with the story and the characters. I'm looking forward to the next two parts.
I've read The Hobbit and it's true that it could've been covered in one movie but I disagree when they say that it's too long. I love the fact that Peter Jackson added parts because I believe those who haven't read the book won't fully understand what's going on if it weren't for those small but essential scenes that is vital in understanding the story.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 08:44 AM   #1392
wilford002
macrumors newbie

I am watching the Chinese Zodiac.
wilford002 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 09:46 AM   #1393
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

I saw The Hobbit last night with my family. It was pretty good, however, I think LOTR was better.

Last edited by ucfgrad93; Jan 2, 2013 at 11:17 AM.
ucfgrad93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:11 PM   #1394
mscriv
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
I saw The Hobbit last night with my family. It was pretty good, however, I think LOTR was better.
Don't you think we should wait until all three parts of Jackson's Hobbit are out and then compare epic vs. epic... trilogy vs. trilogy? I think when all is said and done we will have a pretty awesome experience from start to finish tracing Tolkien's story from beginning to end through all six movies.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:03 PM   #1395
Huntn
macrumors 604

Added my critique in The Hobbit thread... I don't expect everyone to agree with me.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 04:19 PM   #1396
obeygiant
macrumors 68040

Just watched "Looper". I thought it was great, interesting and entertaining, lots of plot twists. Recommended.
obeygiant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:46 AM   #1397
mscriv
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeygiant View Post
Just watched "Looper". I thought it was great, interesting and entertaining, lots of plot twists. Recommended.
I too enjoyed Looper. I thought the plot was well developed and that it made for a very interesting story.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 04:08 PM   #1398
millerj123
macrumors 6502a

I had the original X-Men on while putting away holiday decorations. I laughed out loud at Wolverine insulting Cyclops to prove who he is...
millerj123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 04:24 PM   #1399
mscriv
macrumors 68040

I forgot to post that I saw Lincoln last week. I must say the ensemble cast of Daniel Day-Lewis, Sally Field, Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, James Spader, et al were really good. For me personally the movie was both inspiring and discouraging at the same time. Our country has come a long way in some respects and it's amazing how events transpired.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 05:46 PM   #1400
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerj123 View Post
I had the original X-Men on while putting away holiday decorations. I laughed out loud at Wolverine insulting Cyclops to prove who he is...
I love 3 of the X-Men movies. This is one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscriv View Post
I forgot to post that I saw Lincoln last week. I must say the ensemble cast of Daniel Day-Lewis, Sally Field, Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, James Spader, et al were really good. For me personally the movie was both inspiring and discouraging at the same time. Our country has come a long way in some respects and it's amazing how events transpired.
On my to-rent list!
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion