Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigMAC28

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2012
Chicago
I upgraded my IP4 to a 5 today around noon. Before I upgraded i checked my data and I had about 1 gig used. Just checked my data now and I used over 10 gigs! Good thing i have unlimited data! Whats going on?

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
I upgraded my IP4 to a 5 today around noon. Before I upgraded i checked my data and I had about 1 gig used. Just checked my data now and I used over 10 gigs! Good thing i have unlimited data! Whats going on?

Sorry but if you need US to tell you why you're using more data then you have more issues than using more data.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
I have had this phone for 7 hours and i used 10 gigs of data? Yeah ok. Dont be a jerk.

Well what have YOU been doing with your phone? How the hell are we supposed to know what you've been surfing, downloading, streaming, watching?

Like I said, if YOU don't know what you've been doing with your phone, you have bigger issues than using 9gigs of data in 7 hours.

Cut down on the over dramatics and maybe give us a bit more info on how you've been using your phone for the last 7 hours maybe we can help you out.

Last edited:

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2010
It's probably not the correct reading. 10 GB of data and you'd probably have a dead battery by now.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Forgot to turn off your turn-by-turn?
Downloading something?
Told it to download IOS update? Hit the button wo noticing?
Turn on full Music Match?
Full throttle iCloud data backup?

KeanBurke

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2007
Where are you seeing that data use at, your carrier website or in settings on your phone.

All I can say is 10 gbs is crazy, I'm always on the internet with LTE and I've only hit 4 gbs max. And that sounds impossible man, like the other poster said your phone should at least be dead already.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Also, IIRC, back in September when a lot of us set up our iPhone 5s at launch, there were some funny numbers for as long as a week or two due to the change from 3G to LTE and the way carriers calculated the transfer. At the end of the first billing period, things had calmed down.

You should wait and see how things settle out. Shelve the panic.

bigMAC28

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2012
Chicago
Im seeing it on verizon.com. I havent been using my phone out of the ordinary. Im hoping its just a glitch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.