Ridiculous amount of data being consumed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigMAC28, Dec 31, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I upgraded my IP4 to a 5 today around noon. Before I upgraded i checked my data and I had about 1 gig used. Just checked my data now and I used over 10 gigs! Good thing i have unlimited data! Whats going on?

2. macrumors 68020

Sorry but if you need US to tell you why you're using more data then you have more issues than using more data.

3. macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Do you have your wifi enabled? Using nothing but LTE will quickly consume large amounts of data.

4. thread starter macrumors member

I have had this phone for 7 hours and i used 10 gigs of data? Yeah ok. Dont be a jerk.

5. AFDoc, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012

macrumors 68020

Well what have YOU been doing with your phone? How the hell are we supposed to know what you've been surfing, downloading, streaming, watching?

Like I said, if YOU don't know what you've been doing with your phone, you have bigger issues than using 9gigs of data in 7 hours.

Cut down on the over dramatics and maybe give us a bit more info on how you've been using your phone for the last 7 hours maybe we can help you out.

6. macrumors 65816

It's probably not the correct reading. 10 GB of data and you'd probably have a dead battery by now.

7. macrumors 68040

Jordan921

So you want us to tell you what you are doing on your phone that's consuming all that data?!

8. macrumors 601

Forgot to turn off your turn-by-turn?
    Downloading something?
    Told it to download IOS update? Hit the button wo noticing?
    Turn on full Music Match?
    Full throttle iCloud data backup?

9. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

Where are you seeing that data use at, your carrier website or in settings on your phone.

10. macrumors newbie

All I can say is 10 gbs is crazy, I'm always on the internet with LTE and I've only hit 4 gbs max. And that sounds impossible man, like the other poster said your phone should at least be dead already.

11. macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Also, IIRC, back in September when a lot of us set up our iPhone 5s at launch, there were some funny numbers for as long as a week or two due to the change from 3G to LTE and the way carriers calculated the transfer. At the end of the first billing period, things had calmed down.

You should wait and see how things settle out. Shelve the panic.

12. thread starter macrumors member

Im seeing it on verizon.com. I havent been using my phone out of the ordinary. Im hoping its just a glitch.