Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:59 AM   #1
Papester
macrumors newbie

2012 iMac side by side with a Thunderbolt Display

Does anybody have some pictures of the 2012 iMac next to a Thunderbolt display. I'm trying to determine if the screens are that different from each other from a reflection standpoint.
Papester is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:04 AM   #2
majkom
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papester View Post
Does anybody have some pictures of the 2012 iMac next to a Thunderbolt display. I'm trying to determine if the screens are that different from each other from a reflection standpoint.
they are, seen 21 imac and TB display in store... imacs are a lot less reflective
majkom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:09 AM   #3
dasx
macrumors 65816

Yeah… I've got an ACD but I never noticed any reflections because I always take care of putting screens in the right places in order not to have them.

I was in the store the other day though and went to play a little with the new iMac. Looked nice. I then went to see a TB Display (mine isn't TB) and was shocked to see the difference. Isn't huge, don't get me wrong, it's just that I wasn't expecting any difference and there's some.

So yes. Less reflective. Still is, but less.
dasx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:10 AM   #4
Papester
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by majkom View Post
they are, seen 21 imac and TB display in store... imacs are a lot less reflective
Was the difference observed when they were on, off or both ways. I think if it's when they are on it would bother me to have a 27" iMac next to a Thunderbolt display. I may have to rethink my purchase and go with two Thunderbolts and a Mac Mini.
Papester is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:39 AM   #5
Lava Lamp Freak
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Was the difference observed when they were on, off or both ways. I think if it's when they are on it would bother me to have a 27" iMac next to a Thunderbolt display. I may have to rethink my purchase and go with two Thunderbolts and a Mac Mini.
It depends on your specific setup. In a light controlled environment, you probably wouldn't notice a difference. If you have a light source behind you, the new screen will show a more dulled out reflection than the Thunderbolt Display.
Lava Lamp Freak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:27 PM   #6
majkom
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Both of them were on.. of course, in the store, it was more lighty environment you have in living room.. that is all I can tell you, dont have them both at home
majkom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 05:05 AM   #7
Blaine
macrumors 6502a

I would like to see some pictures too.
Blaine is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac