Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
I have an iPhone 5 running on 6.0.2 and recently texts coming in do not make my phone vibrate and banners are getting stuck At the top of my screen. If I'm playing a game I will get a banner for a text message. My phone doesn't vibrate and the banner never disappears on its own. I have to pull the notification bar down and the release it for the banner to go away. A reboot fixed the issue at this point but in was wondering if anyone has seen this before

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
I did a reset of all settings just to be safe. Previously I was having an issue where I would get a text alert several seconds before the text arrived.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I've upgraded the day of each release so at least as far back 6.0.1. I don't remember exactly when I experienced. My notifications came on time, my banner would just be stuck. I could tap on it to make it go away as well but otherwise it would stay there forever.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
But you haven't seen that happen since a reboot?

Nope. It was a one time weird bug. So far at least. Who knows if I'll see it again. I can't think of any specific thing that was going on with the phone that was different than normal that might have triggered it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.