Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bubba Satori

Suspended
Feb 15, 2008
B'ham
It's nice to see all these trolls making a small issue look like the end of the world. Oh no!, "do not disturb" has ruined my New Years.

Happy New Year Tim.

----------

Seriously, does this really matter at all? Who cares? Is this just a place for children to come complain and moan about every single quirk that appears in software? Rediculous.

Happy New Year Sir Ive.

SwoopIOM

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2013
Isle of Man
Or maybe MacRumors is trying to invent a story that may be is not there just to post something before New Years Day.

Anyway, HNY.

I promise nobody is trying to invent this story, this is a real issue which will not go away until Apple address it :rolleyes:

HNY to you as well :)

----------

Seriously, does this really matter at all? Who cares? Is this just a place for children to come complain and moan about every single quirk that appears in software? Rediculous.

So much so that you had to add your penneth worth as well :D

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Year after year and Apple can't seem to figure out how to calendars and clocks to work together.

I'm not 100% convinced its an Apple issue. If you have set time automatically turned on it appears that information comes from your carrier. Could be bad information from their systems in many cases. Not iOS. Had this thought when two of my flat mates who are on Verizon had issues with a Verizon bug that kept making the time something like midnight jan 1, 1969

SwoopIOM

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2013
Isle of Man
I'm not 100% convinced its an Apple issue. If you have set time automatically turned on it appears that information comes from your carrier. Could be bad information from their systems in many cases. Not iOS. Had this thought when two of my flat mates who are on Verizon had issues with a Verizon bug that kept making the time something like midnight jan 1, 1969
Even if you adjust your time manually it is still failing to DND at prescribed times!

NachoGrande

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
no issues on my phone..

Edit: didn't work today, but worked yesterday ???

Last edited:

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I have this issue on both my iPhone 5 and iPad mini. I restarted both and DND was still on. I just turned them off.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Even if you adjust your time manually it is still failing to DND at prescribed times!

Four iPads and two phones in my flat alone are in manual time. We all use DND on a schedule. No one had issues this morning.

Well other than the the twins having hangovers and Fiona couldn't find her keys cause she drunkenly put them in the freezer with the vodka.

rtdunham

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2003
St. Petersburg, FL, Northern KY
Four iPads and two phones in my flat alone are in manual time. We all use DND on a schedule. No one had issues this morning.

Well other than the the twins having hangovers and Fiona couldn't find her keys cause she drunkenly put them in the freezer with the vodka.

I suspect the problems are real for a handful of people. But wouldn't it be funny if the actual cause is people having drunk a lot and turning DND off so they can get post midnight calls of celebration from their friends and then in the morning forgetting they'd done so? You gotta admit it's possible…

Sandstorm

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2011
Riga, Latvia
I missed a couple of calls this morning because of this. No big deal for me but it's depressing to see the usual cultish dismissal of the problem.

I feel exactly the same! It's pathetic, how many here constantly defend and downplay any issues with Apple. This is a problem, for some maybe even serious, it is not the first time when Apple messed up something time/date related and to put it simply - it doesn't "just work".

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Mine did not turn off as well. have it set from 11pm to 8 am. I just set it to turn on at 11:40 and back off again at 11:41, and it did not turn off so it's not a one time thing. I would advise disabling DND until apple releases an update to fix it because its probably going to keep happening.

SwoopIOM

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2013
Isle of Man
Mine did not turn off as well. have it set from 11pm to 8 am. I just set it to turn on at 11:40 and back off again at 11:41, and it did not turn off so it's not a one time thing. I would advise disabling DND until apple releases an update to fix it because its probably going to keep happening.
Ironic that this is another feature to go along with Apple Maps that cannot be used because they are U/S.

:mad:

VesperDEM

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2003
Manchester, MO
My iPhone 5 worked perfectly...

With all these folks here posting negative comments about this issue, I just thought I would post a positive comment by saying that my iOS 6 worked flawlessly last night. It went into DND and awoke from it as it has ever other day prior.

I'm not saying that it didn't fail for others. I just feel that there needs to be some positive comments here too.

It's easy to post when something goes wrong. Harder to post when something works the way it should since it's doing what it is supposed to do. You would be posting ever minute of every day... ;)

Griggi

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
I figured out on my devices (iPhone 4, 5 and iPad Mini) how to avoid this.

I set up DND to a schedule from 0:00 AM (midnight) to 6:00 AM. If I set the start time to 11:59 PM DND will turn off again.

So could someone please try this as well? At least it helped for me.
Or could those people who say that they hadn't got any problems at which time they set DND to start and end?

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
I have this issue on both my iPhone 5 and iPad mini. I restarted both and DND was still on. I just turned them off.

Imagine that. Somebody just turned it off.

What will be next, everybody doing this, instead of whining here?

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I'm starting to think this is done for free publicity.

That said, my automatic dnd turned off - so this doesn't affect everyone? Yep, mine shut off. But maybe they fixed it between my shutoff time (6:00am) and now?

slineaudi

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2009
Happens if your do not disturb was set to start at 12:00AM/midnight. Just change it to 11:59 or 12:01 and problem solved.

MacMan1620

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2012
The other day google maps told me it would take 17 minutes to travel to my destination and it took 19 minutes. Google really needs to get their act together. Totally ridiculous. I'm calling this googlemapsGate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.