Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barca bear

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
Scotland
I purchased the new iMac 21" 16gb ram with fusion drive last month, making the jump from PC to Mac. I'm loving the new machine and everything about the OS - Except there's one problem....

I run a mobile DJ/Disco company and run my own website for the business. I had made my website on my old PC using Xara Magix website designer 5. So I purchased Magic website maker mx for Mac, thinking it would be at the very least similar... Unfortunately it's not (I hate it) - and after searching for similar products I'm really struggling. I don't want to have to dust off the old PC for this if I can help it after getting used to the super fast iMac!

My question is - Can anyone recommend a WYSIWG Web designer for mac?
I'm hoping I'm missing some obvious solutions!

Thanks in advance!

barca bear

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
Scotland
Not really a fan of rapidweaver. It dosn't give you a lot of freedom over text/object placement and there's not a lot of tools.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I purchased the new iMac 21" 16gb ram with fusion drive last month, making the jump from PC to Mac. I'm loving the new machine and everything about the OS - Except there's one problem....

I run a mobile DJ/Disco company and run my own website for the business. I had made my website on my old PC using Xara Magix website designer 5. So I purchased Magic website maker mx for Mac, thinking it would be at the very least similar... Unfortunately it's not (I hate it) - and after searching for similar products I'm really struggling. I don't want to have to dust off the old PC for this if I can help it after getting used to the super fast iMac!

My question is - Can anyone recommend a WYSIWG Web designer for mac?
I'm hoping I'm missing some obvious solutions!

Thanks in advance!

Check some of these out. I use Dreamweaver & Coda 2. http://www.tuaw.com/2011/06/15/ten-wysiwyg-html-editors-for-mac-os-x/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.