Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 1, 2013, 05:33 PM   #1
rien333
macrumors regular

What animation software do you recommend?

Hi,

I have done a lot of animation in Adobe Flash CS 4 last year, and now face the decision of choosing new animation software. As I don't actually use Adobe Flash for flash content on the web, but for generic animation that I make into QuickTime files, I was wondering if Adobe Flash CS 6 would be the right chose for me. I almost exclusively make 2D animations, and am willing to learn new software, but have no problem with staying by Adobe Flash. My budget isn't that much of an issue. I already tried Blender, but it seemed total overkill for my needs.

So, what are your thoughts?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 05:38 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba

Looked at Motion or After Effects yet? Or is that something totally different from what you want?
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:03 PM   #3
rien333
macrumors regular

Sorry, I wasn't really clear about the stuff I animate. It is mostly stuff with drawn characters, you know kind of like cartoons. (only I make educational videos). I came across this video today, , something like this, but of course less good.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:12 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

Stick to what you know. I think Flash is worth it in this case.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store