Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Apple Collectors

Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:58 PM   #1
ppcfanforever1
macrumors regular

Got a tibook off ebay

Hey i got a powerbook g4 titanium as a hobby computer, any applications or games recommended? Its an 800mhz with 1gb of ram. Oh and happy new years! From 2012
ppcfanforever1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:21 AM   #2
Lil Chillbil
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcfanforever1 View Post
Hey i got a powerbook g4 titanium as a hobby computer, any applications or games recommended? Its an 800mhz with 1gb of ram. Oh and happy new years! From 2012
please repost this in the powerpc forum you will find a lot more help there

but otherwise congrats on your purchase and happy new year
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:38 AM   #3
ppcfanforever1
macrumors regular

K thanks man. And I wanted to know if this would be the right spot to post a thread about my mac os 10.0 in box (Envelope Thing) with manuals just to show I have it and that its cool and stuff with pics?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 05:43 PM   #4
Ariii
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to Ariii Send a message via AIM to Ariii Send a message via MSN to Ariii Send a message via Yahoo to Ariii
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcfanforever1 View Post
What OS is it running? 10.4 has a lot more software options than older versions of Mac OS X. This is a good list of web browsers that might work on your TiBook . Bean and AbiWord are pretty good text editors, and MuseScore is a good music notation editor. I'm guessing you've heard of MacTubes. zen.state has posted a G4-optimized version of mplayer that plays .mp4 files much better than QuickTime. Also, VLC is a pretty good media player.

ThemePark is a good app for changing the interface
Tumblr
Ariii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:27 PM   #5
ppcfanforever1
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariii View Post
What OS is it running? 10.4 has a lot more software options than older versions of Mac OS X. This is a good list of web browsers that might work on your TiBook . Bean and AbiWord are pretty good text editors, and MuseScore is a good music notation editor. I'm guessing you've heard of MacTubes. zen.state has posted a G4-optimized version of mplayer that plays .mp4 files much better than QuickTime. Also, VLC is a pretty good media player.

ThemePark is a good app for changing the interface
It has no os i have to replace the hdd im going to install 10.4 then install 10.5 with leopard assist. I use camino but people were also telling me about one called aurafox and some other one named after a metal, im too lazy to look cause im on a g3 and it will take forever to see the page. And yeah I use MacTubes.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Apple Collectors