Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tri-stan

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
And yet eBay has done nothing so far. Is there anywhere else to maybe report eBay to?

They have another listing for a 65 inch tv and have never sold anything on ebay under that account. They have just bought a load of ****** items over the years. Obviously grooming a load of accounts over the years to make them look ligit. Arrrr this makes me mad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-LCD-Int...=WDVW&rd=1&ih=015&category=11071&cmd=ViewItem

eBay has two days to take these listing down before they sell!

AndiS.

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
They have another listing for a 65 inch tv and have never sold anything on ebay under that account. They have just bought a load of ****** items over the years. Obviously grooming a load of accounts over the years to make them look ligit. Arrrr this makes me mad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-LCD-Int...=WDVW&rd=1&ih=015&category=11071&cmd=ViewItem

eBay has two days to take these listing down before they sell!

eBay are freaking clowns, I just called them again. The guy has an email in his auction with which he can scam people already, eBay is enabling the scammer. They obviously do nothing to protect their users, I should have probably asked for a supervisor right away, the way eBay is handling this is outrageously disgusting.

MeFromHere

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2012
eBay are freaking clowns, I just called them again. The guy has an email in his auction with which he can scam people already, eBay is enabling the scammer. They obviously do nothing to protect their users, I should have probably asked for a supervisor right away, the way eBay is handling this is outrageously disgusting.

I've reported fake sales to eBay many times, they never blocked a single auction that I reported. I think they are a joke.

The stuff I've reported was obvious fakes. Things like "genuine" Apple iPods in capacities that Apple never made -- 4 or 8 GB iPod Shuffles for example.

Tri-stan

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012

I think eBay needs to take a good look at themselves as a business and think about not ripping people off with their 10% sales tax. It is not like they use the money for any good cause apart from lining their filthy pockets. They are a true flag waver of capitalism. At least when I get ripped off by paypal they spend the money on Space X :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.