Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:51 PM   #1
bhigh8
macrumors 6502

Where do saved photos go?

When I see a pic that I hold down it only says save photo. It doesn't tell me where, like camera roll. So I go to camera roll and its not there.

Where can it be? Unless I'm not allowed to save it.
bhigh8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 08:40 PM   #2
xMClass
macrumors 6502

It saves to your camera roll.
xMClass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 08:44 PM   #3
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhigh8 View Post
When I see a pic that I hold down it only says save photo. It doesn't tell me where, like camera roll. So I go to camera roll and its not there.

Where can it be? Unless I'm not allowed to save it.
I have had the same thing happen, and like you it does not go to the camera roll. It goes no where that I can find.

What you can do is take a screen shot (hold sleep button and home button at same time) and that will be saved to the camera roll.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 08:44 PM   #4
aphexacid
macrumors 6502a

From what app are you trying to save? If its an app like tumblr, it may have asked you for access to your photos. If you said NO, you can save all day, and it won't get saved.

This is new to ios 6
aphexacid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 08:45 PM   #5
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
From what app are you trying to save? If its an app like tumblr, it may have asked you for access to your photos. If you said NO, you can save all day, and it won't get saved.

This is new to ios 6
That may be it, it is from tumbler accessed from a web browser though not a tumbler app.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 09:05 PM   #6
bhigh8
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post

This is new to ios 6

It's Facebook. I wanted to save a pic from my buddies photos. I ended up doing screen shot but not sure if my settings aren't set up to save pics from Facebook.
bhigh8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 01:01 AM   #7
lelisa13p
macrumors 68000

In the Facebook app, hold on the photo to open it by itself. Notice at the upper right corner is the envelope with the arrow. Tap that and the Save Image pop-up will allow you to save it to your Camera Roll.

If this is what you've been doing and it hasn't worked, something's wrong.

I should point out that I'm talking about the regular stand-alone Facebook app (I don't sign into Facebook in Settings built into iOS 6.)
Old Jan 6, 2013, 07:30 PM   #8
Clint1583
macrumors member

I have found that you need to hold down the "save" button for several seconds, not just a quick tap. At first I had the same problem.
Clint1583 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone