Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
When I see a pic that I hold down it only says save photo. It doesn't tell me where, like camera roll. So I go to camera roll and its not there.

Where can it be? Unless I'm not allowed to save it.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
When I see a pic that I hold down it only says save photo. It doesn't tell me where, like camera roll. So I go to camera roll and its not there.

I have had the same thing happen, and like you it does not go to the camera roll. It goes no where that I can find.

What you can do is take a screen shot (hold sleep button and home button at same time) and that will be saved to the camera roll.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
From what app are you trying to save? If its an app like tumblr, it may have asked you for access to your photos. If you said NO, you can save all day, and it won't get saved.

This is new to ios 6

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
From what app are you trying to save? If its an app like tumblr, it may have asked you for access to your photos. If you said NO, you can save all day, and it won't get saved.

This is new to ios 6

It's Facebook. I wanted to save a pic from my buddies photos. I ended up doing screen shot but not sure if my settings aren't set up to save pics from Facebook.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
In the Facebook app, hold on the photo to open it by itself. Notice at the upper right corner is the envelope with the arrow. Tap that and the Save Image pop-up will allow you to save it to your Camera Roll.

If this is what you've been doing and it hasn't worked, something's wrong.

I should point out that I'm talking about the regular stand-alone Facebook app (I don't sign into Facebook in Settings built into iOS 6.)

Clint1583

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2011
I have found that you need to hold down the "save" button for several seconds, not just a quick tap. At first I had the same problem.

Kilosmom

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2016

[doublepost=1459875130][/doublepost]I have found that it puts in photo album in the folder that has correct place/date stamp. So if I have other photos that were in folder w that 'tag' it puts the saved image there

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
[doublepost=1459875130][/doublepost]I have found that it puts in photo album in the folder that has correct place/date stamp. So if I have other photos that were in folder w that 'tag' it puts the saved image there
Correct. Photos from any App, Safari or shared OTA go to the "Photos" Apple app. The camera roll is only for your on device generated images: camera or screen shot.

Dave

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.