Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jan 7, 2013, 03:48 PM   #926
EK23
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxtown View Post
Mine is now "At local FedEx facility" Shanghai

Mine says "Left FedEx origin facility". Hopefully, that means it left on a plane and not to go somewhere else to be loaded on a plane.
EK23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 04:01 PM   #927
knoxtown
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK23 View Post
Mine says "Left FedEx origin facility". Hopefully, that means it left on a plane and not to go somewhere else to be loaded on a plane.
Mine said what yours said about 8 hours before it switched to what i have now... "Left FedEx origin facility".

Although, it says its being delivered Thursday, so I'm happy.
knoxtown is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 04:55 PM   #928
falcon362
macrumors member

Talking 31 Days...From ordering to my desk

Here it is...

Best of luck to everyone everyone else with your orders!! It will definitely be worth the wait.
falcon362 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 04:58 PM   #929
edunnmd
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon362 View Post
Here it is...

Best of luck to everyone everyone else with your orders!! It will definitely be worth the wait.
What a beauty!
Did anyone have a disparity between the estimated delivery date and that from FedEx? If so, who was correct?
edunnmd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 05:21 PM   #930
Juror55
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Here it is...

Nice one!
Juror55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 05:21 PM   #931
falcon362
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edunnmd View Post
What a beauty!
Did anyone have a disparity between the estimated delivery date and that from FedEx? If so, who was correct?
I did. When I got the tracking number on Thursday evening, the scheduled delivery was for Thursdsy, Jan 10. That never changed although the delivery was three days ahead of schedule.
falcon362 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 05:28 PM   #932
clstroud
macrumors newbie

Hey all, just wanted to check since some of you seem to have had wire transfer/general payment issues hold up your orders... Should I not be charged until the machine changes from Processing to Preparing? AppleCare has long cleared my account, but I want to make sure nothing gets held up with daily spending limits on my card. It's a Visa Debit+Credit card if that makes any difference.

The reason I ask is if I should have seen it start a "pending" transaction or something immediately after my order like I saw with the Apple Care, then I should make some phone calls to see that everything is going smoothly aside from the obvious production issues.

Thanks!
clstroud is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 05:38 PM   #933
Dipwind
macrumors member

Quote:
Here it is...

And it come with a wired Keyboard, Apple is doing right first time now, that's an improvement.

what a beauty , Enjoy mate I'm entertaining myself in get rid of the rest of the nails I still have on my fingers

Dip
Dipwind is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 05:51 PM   #934
Slick1phone
macrumors newbie

I've been looking around for a while and I guess apple is a month behind on the deliveries so even if it says January I'm expecting to get my order first week in feb. I ordered dec 27. 27" 1tb fusion drive 680mx. And got 32gig of ram from newegg. I had the new i5 base already that's 1999. But took it back do to screen issues there was a scratch in the black part of the screen and it was bleeding light. Apple took it back and I ordered this now. And now I have to wait.
Slick1phone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 06:35 PM   #935
EK23
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick1phone View Post
I've been looking around for a while and I guess apple is a month behind on the deliveries so even if it says January I'm expecting to get my order first week in feb. I ordered dec 27. 27" 1tb fusion drive 680mx. And got 32gig of ram from newegg. I had the new i5 base already that's 1999. But took it back do to screen issues there was a scratch in the black part of the screen and it was bleeding light. Apple took it back and I ordered this now. And now I have to wait.

Maybe it is the optimist in me but I have to believe apple is getting caught up on their backlog of orders. The orders can't still be coming in at the rate they were thirty days ago.
EK23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 07:01 PM   #936
dearlaserworks
macrumors regular

They're knocking 20 a day off the spreadsheet the past few days. If they keep that up all week, this backlog should be cleared up by the end of the month. Nothing shipped til halfway into December and then there were two holidays at the end of the month. Crazy time to launch a new design and ramp up. At least we're all having fun.
dearlaserworks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 07:46 PM   #937
scubadoo
macrumors newbie

Delivered!

She's a beauty and in absolutely perfect condition. Added in my ram upgrade and transferred my data from a time machine backup.

Best of luck to everyone still processing and preparing for shipment, it's well worth the agonizing wait.
scubadoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 08:01 PM   #938
xgman
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearlaserworks View Post
They're knocking 20 a day off the spreadsheet the past few days. If they keep that up all week, this backlog should be cleared up by the end of the month. Nothing shipped til halfway into December and then there were two holidays at the end of the month. Crazy time to launch a new design and ramp up. At least we're all having fun.

What order date are they up to now?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 08:10 PM   #939
Slick1phone
macrumors newbie

I think 12/12/12
Slick1phone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 08:36 PM   #940
H&J Studios
macrumors newbie

Call your local retail store and check stock. I canceled my order and will be picking up tomorrow!
H&J Studios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 08:46 PM   #941
solidstatement
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&J Studios View Post
Call your local retail store and check stock. I canceled my order and will be picking up tomorrow!
Do you know if they're stocking i7s, Fusion, or 680MX in stores? Reps never seem completely sure, but so far it sounds like they're just getting the two 27" i5 configs they show here: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...ac/family/imac
solidstatement is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 08:48 PM   #942
alig8or
macrumors newbie

Been lurking since about page 7. I ordered on Dec. 19. No status change yet, but a rep told me that between the two of us I was looking at mid-January.

It's my first Mac and I couldn't be more excited. I want to thank the keepers of the spreadsheet for keeping it clean for us.

~alig8or

Edit: I have added my entry to the spreadsheet

Last edited by alig8or; Jan 7, 2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Additional Info
alig8or is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 08:49 PM   #943
Majh
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstatement View Post
Do you know if they're stocking i7s, Fusion, or 680MX in stores? Reps never seem completely sure, but so far it sounds like they're just getting the two 27" i5 configs they show here: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...ac/family/imac
I stopped by my local store and was surprised to find out they had one with the i7, 1TB fusion, and the 680MX.

They had a few other configurations with the i7s as well.
Majh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 09:03 PM   #944
LornaP
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alig8or View Post
Been lurking since about page 7. I ordered on Dec. 19. No status change yet, but a rep told me that between the two of us I was looking at mid-January.

It's my first Mac and I couldn't be more excited. I want to thank the keepers of the spreadsheet for keeping it clean for us.

~alig8or

Edit: I have added my entry to the spreadsheet
I also ordered on Dec 19th. So fingers crossed for both of us that the rep you spoke with is correct
LornaP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 09:13 PM   #945
BlueMoonForever
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LornaP View Post
I also ordered on Dec 19th. So fingers crossed for both of us that the rep you spoke with is correct
Doubt it, considering I ordered Dec 8th and still am processing. They told me end of January.
BlueMoonForever is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 09:14 PM   #946
sounddesigner
macrumors regular

Rep told me the same thing ordered on Dec. 18 so hopefully they come soon
sounddesigner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:44 AM   #947
81Steven
macrumors regular

Quote:
Here it is...

what's the cloth under keyboard and mouse? where I can find something like that?
81Steven is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 02:02 AM   #948
Erurainon
macrumors member

My 11th dec order (UK) has become preparing for shipment this morning.
Erurainon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 02:05 AM   #949
michaelmac
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erurainon View Post
My 11th dec order (UK) has become preparing for shipment this morning.
Same here (8th). Not long now!
michaelmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 02:12 AM   #950
GQKaMbiZ
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick1phone View Post
Once you install the RAM ( I plan on purchasing 16gb), what's the step by step for configuring it so the computer picks it up? Sorry for asking, this is my first Mac
GQKaMbiZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac