Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:45 PM   #1
harnadem
macrumors newbie

secure calendar for iphone 5?

Is there a secure (password protected) stand-alone calendar for the iphone 5? I use the calendar that comes with the device for home appt, which I sync to iCloud. However, I want to have a secure (non-sync) calendar that I can use to record upcoming patient appointments for my clinic.

The two requirements I have are: (1) it has a second level of password protection. The iphone is pass code protected already. (2) I can disable syncing with cloud-based calendars. I don't want the patient information to be distributed in any way outside of the device.

Does such a calendar exist?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:24 PM   #2
soch
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harnadem View Post
Is there a secure (password protected) stand-alone calendar for the iphone 5? I use the calendar that comes with the device for home appt, which I sync to iCloud. However, I want to have a secure (non-sync) calendar that I can use to record upcoming patient appointments for my clinic.

The two requirements I have are: (1) it has a second level of password protection. The iphone is pass code protected already. (2) I can disable syncing with cloud-based calendars. I don't want the patient information to be distributed in any way outside of the device.

Not sure if it does. But if you can give me specific requirements may be we can develop one. Send me a PM.
soch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:18 AM   #3
Subu
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by harnadem View Post

have you tried the free GOOGLE calendar on your mobile phone
Subu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:22 AM   #4
harnadem
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subu View Post
have you tried the free GOOGLE calendar on your mobile phone
I do not believe that the Google calendar would serve the purpose. I want to avoid sending patient information off of the device, such as to the iCloud and Google Sync servers
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:26 AM   #5
Menel
macrumors 68040

Outlook.com email account/calendar. Free

Divide app, exchange sync to that Outlook.com app. Free

I use Divide as the exchange client for my work email. Keeps it nice and separated from my personal stuff. You can set a passcode for the app itself.

Edit
Oops missed the later non cloud requirement.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:44 AM   #6
Subu
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel View Post
Outlook.com email account/calendar. Free

Divide app, exchange sync to that Outlook.com app. Free

I use Divide as the exchange client for my work email. Keeps it nice and separated from my personal stuff. You can set a passcode for the app itself.

Edit
Oops missed the later non cloud requirement.
Hi Menel

I am really interested in the idea above. Could you please elaborate a little more ?

TIA
regards
subu

ps : Is this outlook.com email you are talking about the same as the hotmail = msn = outlook dot com that is recently come up ?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:56 PM   #7
Menel
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subu View Post
Hi Menel

I am really interested in the idea above. Could you please elaborate a little more ?

TIA
regards
subu

ps : Is this outlook.com email you are talking about the same as the hotmail = msn = outlook dot com that is recently come up ?
I don't know how to elaborate further, ask specifically. Also note that I have yet to use the service for any length of time.

Yes Outlook.com = outlook dot com
I think...
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:01 PM   #8
ssmed
macrumors 6502

Rather than use a calendar application have you considered a database application such as FileMaker Pro.

SSMed
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:33 PM   #9
BrianBaughn
macrumors 68000

If you're concerned with HIPAA I suggest you look into a hosted Exchange provider that is compliant...and there's a lot of them.
BrianBaughn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:01 AM   #10
Subu
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel View Post
I don't know how to elaborate further, ask specifically. Also note that I have yet to use the service for any length of time.

Yes Outlook.com = outlook dot com
I think...
thanks for the reply. Let me ask specific questions

1. where do I start ? probably open a hotmail account ? right ?
2. then next what ? upgrade to outlook dot com ? right ?
3. then what ?
4. just simple one line answers or links
5. links to other threads on this outlook dot com + calendar would also be appreciated !!!

thanks in advance

best regards

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps