Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deraj090

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
Anyone else experiencing major lagging on their 4S 6.0.1? I have the 64GB, though that shouldn't matter.

It's mostly with SMS/iMessage. The message will come in, but won't pop up for 5-10 seconds.

Anyone?

dannyboy42670

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
Anyone else experiencing major lagging on their 4S 6.0.1? I have the 64GB, though that shouldn't matter.

It's mostly with SMS/iMessage. The message will come in, but won't pop up for 5-10 seconds.

Anyone?

Games were always so snappy, now they lag often... :( I want an i5.

liteshow

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012

Anyone?

No problems with lagging for me. Maybe you should try a restore?

deraj090

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
going to try another restore tonight.

Is there any truth to the Apple Genius theory that if I restore from another backup, the problem can come along with the restore?

Should I just do a contacts backup, and start fresh everywhere else?

RotaryP7

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2011
Miami, FL
Yea, my 4S freezes more or whatnot since the iOS 6 update. It gets annoying. It gets stuck all the time when I get a text or I'm scrolling around the phone. :rolleyes:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Yea, my 4S freezes more or whatnot since the iOS 6 update. It gets annoying. It gets stuck all the time when I get a text or I'm scrolling around the phone. :rolleyes:

This is what I encounter....whenever I go to settings----mail,calender there is a long delay

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Does it freeze though? Sometimes I want to check my mail and it gets stuck. Then it opens after some time.

I have had it freeze when scrolling across different home screens....maybe 2-3 times since the update, and just started in the last 2 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.