Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:35 AM   #1
RDAR
macrumors regular

MacBook Pro won't recognize iPad after installing Parallels & VMWare Fusion

My MacBook won't recognize my iPad on itunes when I connect it to the mac. This only started happening ever since I installed parallels and vmware fusion. I noticed that when I do plug it in Parallels/VMWare asks me if I want to connect it to the Mac or Windows, so I choose Mac and nothing happens. Even when Parallels and VMWare are both closed and I quit the programs all my iPad does is make the charging sound when I plug it to the mac but it won't recognize it in either itunes or ifunbox. I have tried restarting my mac as well as shutting it down and turning it back on to no avail. What can I do to fix this?
RDAR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:35 PM   #2
maflynn

Do you have both parallels and vmware installed? Usually you only need one not both.
maflynn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac