Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Jan 9, 2013, 05:48 PM   #51
maccompatible
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailing View Post
and if you complain about harmless things like a sensitive bitch, people will think you are a sensitive bitch. Real story.
If you know what you do causes so much trouble and causes people to dislike you, why continue? You're the one calling people names. I'm not sure how I'm a sensitive bitch for explaining your attitude to a fellow macrumors forum member? It just comes off as pretentious when you post pictures of trashy divas. Nobody's crying about it. Just calling it like I see it.

Anyway, to avoid the drama, I agree with the OP. The retina MacBooks are quite fascinating. I love the hi res screen, and how crazy light it is. I'm replacing my 13" pro with a retina when mine dies. Hopefully by that time it'll be as powerful as the 15".

Last edited by maccompatible; Jan 9, 2013 at 05:54 PM.
maccompatible is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 06:11 PM   #52
Braniff747SP
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccompatible View Post
I'm honestly not sure I would want it, considering how slow iOS 5 is.[COLOR="#808080"]
Not particularly slow on my iPad. Sure, it's not as snappy as a fourth generation machine, but since it's what I'm used to it does not bother me.

Last edited by Braniff747SP; Jan 9, 2013 at 06:28 PM.
Braniff747SP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 07:20 PM   #53
maccompatible
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braniff747SP View Post
Not particularly slow on my iPad. Sure, it's not as snappy as a fourth generation machine, but since it's what I'm used to it does not bother me.
I don't remember iOS 4 or 3 being that slow on mine.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 08:34 PM   #54
willcapellaro
macrumors 6502

Quote:
They're still selling the iPad 2. I don't know why they're the sad ones. The REAL sad people are the ones with the first gen iPad. They were dropped. Hard. Apple even came out and said (during the smart cover announcement) that the case for iPad 1 (that they sold, and bragged about) sucked. It lost most third party app support by the time the iPad 3 rolled around, and it has no iOS 6. Also, it can barely keep up with a slow typist on the keyboard in any app. So.. they're the victims.
A victim of awesomeness maybe. I had the ipad before everybody else jumped on the bandwagon, that's pretty cool.

Mine's still running mostly, albeit crashy. Definitely not too slow to use though. I am too cheap to replace it. I keep on thinking I will and I pay close attention to but I put no monetary value on web browsing, gaming, etc. I'm trying to tell me wife that she needs one.

But I'm okay for now. Plus I know I'll just update and two things will happen: I'll buy a bunch of stuff and apps for it, and a new one will come out. This way I don't have to worry about either of those.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeM View Post
and not buying an ipad because they keep releasing new ones is a clear example of you wanting the latest kit. the ipad 4 will still work fine when the 5 comes out.
Yeah, the 4 is a definite good buy if you don't have one. It's a huge leap from previous models.

Every home needs a good tablet. Otherwise how on earth do you check the ages and genders of actors on the shows and movies you watch?

Trust me, you'll both be very happy and you'll regret it within a few months after they release a new model. It's an emotional roller coaster but fairly low stakes, at least it's not a rMBP.
willcapellaro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 08:37 PM   #55
calderone
macrumors 68040

I really don't think the OP would like a Retina MacBook Pro, these animated GIFs look pretty bad on mine.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:40 PM   #56
maccompatible
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by calderone View Post
I really don't think the OP would like a Retina MacBook Pro, these animated GIFs look pretty bad on mine.
Oh geez. Don't say anything bad about the gifs. You will most certainly be flamed.
maccompatible is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:15 AM   #57
skysailing
macrumors regular

Quote:
If you know what you do causes so much trouble and causes people to dislike you, why continue? You're the one calling people names. I'm not sure how I'm a sensitive bitch for explaining your attitude to a fellow macrumors forum member? It just comes off as pretentious when you post pictures of trashy divas. Nobody's crying about it. Just calling it like I see it.

Anyway, to avoid the drama, I agree with the OP. The retina MacBooks are quite fascinating. I love the hi res screen, and how crazy light it is. I'm replacing my 13" pro with a retina when mine dies. Hopefully by that time it'll be as powerful as the 15".
The fact that is causes an issue is the problem. Why the hell are you offended by something so innocent? I could understand if I was going around these forums posting GIFs, but i'm not. You came here, posted, got offended, and got even more offended.
I deleted those GIFs in my reply to you because damn.
****ing GIFs were not the point of this thread at all, but thank you and Calderone for making it a huge useless deal.

Whatever you decide with your Mac, good luck.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by calderone View Post
Quote:
Oh geez. Don't say anything bad about the gifs. You will most certainly be flamed.
Wow.

----------

I think there are maybe 3 members on this entire forum with a wittle sense of humor.
I can't believe I offend so many people with these GIFs.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:06 AM   #58
maccompatible
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Why the hell are you offended by something so innocent?
I wasn't offended at all. In my opinion there was no difference between the gifs of divas or typing like one. I would have thought you were a diva if you typed like "omg lol new Mac bitch." Or the gifs. Same message being sent.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:50 AM   #59
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
The fact that is causes an issue is the problem. Why the hell are you offended by something so innocent? I could understand if I was going around these forums posting GIFs, but i'm not. You came here, posted, got offended, and got even more offended.
I deleted those GIFs in my reply to you because damn.
****ing GIFs were not the point of this thread at all, but thank you and Calderone for making it a huge useless deal.

Whatever you decide with your Mac, good luck.

----------

Wow.

----------

I think there are maybe 3 members on this entire forum with a wittle sense of humor.
I can't believe I offend so many people with these GIFs.
I'm a lot more worried and offended by your musical tastes.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:22 AM   #60
duervo
macrumors 6502a

I think the OP is a wee bit too sensitive about GIF sensitivity. I don't see anyone freaking out about them. Just expressing their opinion.

No use of all caps. No !'s. No curse words (except when masked with *'s by the OP). I just don't see the "freak out" that the OP apparently does.

meh ... whatever. This thread's taking the one-way express train to Locksville.
duervo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:28 AM   #61
curtisvadnais
macrumors newbie

Too bad...

The webcam is incredibly ******. Should be superb for a $3,000-4,000 laptop depending on how you configure it.
curtisvadnais is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:23 PM   #62
skysailing
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisvadnais View Post
The webcam is incredibly ******. Should be superb for a $3,000-4,000 laptop depending on how you configure it.
Seriously? Isn't it like 720? I thought it was REALLY good
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:41 PM   #63
chronolegacy
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Seriously? Isn't it like 720? I thought it was REALLY good

I have no issues with it, as least its better from other laptops out there, but I would love to see better quality.
chronolegacy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:07 PM   #64
OnceYouGoMac
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUpirate44 View Post
I would have loved to see your reaction after you had your first kiss
It would have been completely one way though, the Mac can't kiss back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDAVE View Post
Ahh, I remember the first time I laid eyes on my MacBook Pro in 2008.

After I purchased it, I went home, unzipped my pants and started to unpack the beautiful Apple box.

After that, I began to take off my shirt and found a jar of peanut butter, so I smeared it on my chest after I lit a candle I found in an old drawer.

I could not resist the temptation and that night my computer and I made love for the first time after I gave her the first bootgasm.
I hope you used protection or you'd have had a lot of little iPhones running around!
OnceYouGoMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:21 PM   #65
skysailing
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronolegacy View Post
I have no issues with it, as least its better from other laptops out there, but I would love to see better quality.
I hear you. I would expect something revolutionary in that department for the price though

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceyougomac View Post
:d it would have been completely one way though, the mac can't kiss back...

I hope you used protection or you'd have had a lot of little iphones running around!
lol!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:00 PM   #66
LachlanH
macrumors regular

Quote:
ITS NOT A FANTASY STORY IM JUST EXCITED TO GET ONE, LOL.
Don't get me started on the GIF sensitivity though.

So you went and used one for hours, totally loved it, thought it was the greatest laptop ever and you are SUPER excited to get one yet are going to wait 6 months for the haswell version because you don't want a laptop you intend to keep for 5 years ever being out of date?

Listen, the Haswell versions will be better. But then a year later everyone will be talking about the Broadwell versions, then the skymont/skylake versions etc.

Buy it now and enjoy it for 6 months. It's not going to catch fire when the haswell version comes out. Honestly, unless an update was imminent (it isn't) there is no sense to wait.
LachlanH is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:35 PM   #67
el-John-o
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by LachlanH View Post
So you went and used one for hours, totally loved it, thought it was the greatest laptop ever and you are SUPER excited to get one yet are going to wait 6 months for the haswell version because you don't want a laptop you intend to keep for 5 years ever being out of date?

Listen, the Haswell versions will be better. But then a year later everyone will be talking about the Broadwell versions, then the skymont/skylake versions etc.

Buy it now and enjoy it for 6 months. It's not going to catch fire when the haswell version comes out. Honestly, unless an update was imminent (it isn't) there is no sense to wait.
Exactly.

There's no guarantee that Apple will immediately adopt Haswell either, OR that Intel will release it on time.

Ivy Bridge was RELEASED in April of 2012, with the first MacBook Pros ANNOUNCED in June of 2012 with Ivy Bridge, and that's FAST for Apple. So, it could be late this year before you see a Haswell machine. All the while, our Ivy Bridge machines will still work just fine for years to come.

As I said before, you'll drive yourself crazy trying to wait for the next best think. Intel is ramping up for a number of updates in their roadmap, Broadwell is just around the corner too!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:55 PM   #68
unobtainium
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricanlegend View Post
If you going to buy the 15 inch might as well buy it now , haswell is a nice update but nothing earth shattering, the real big update we might see is when broadwell comes out
There's always an update around the corner. But in this case, the OP might be right to wait, especially if he doesn't need one right away. This is a first-gen product and Apple has a history of dropping prices and improving products significantly in the second gen. I know I'm waiting.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:48 AM   #69
skysailing
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LachlanH View Post

Thank You. I realized how stupid it would be to wait for a minimal type of update. I'm just so paranoid when it comes to Macs because of fear, but I am still rocking a 3+ year one right now. I NEED something more powerful because of the programs in College so rMBP it is.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by unobtainium View Post
There's always an update around the corner. But in this case, the OP might be right to wait, especially if he doesn't need one right away. This is a first-gen product and Apple has a history of dropping prices and improving products significantly in the second gen. I know I'm waiting.
I don't need one at the current moment until late March. I plan on getting the next version for THAT fact you stated. I won't be upgrading or lusting after the next generation though. It's stupid to just upgrade, upgrade, upgrade so i'm keeping it for a long while.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:35 PM   #70
bigjnyc
macrumors 68040

Quote:
That's interesting. I would never purchase an iPad, those things get released in abundance. My heart still goes out to the victims of the iPad 2. May they find peace and fulfillment while they save enough money for the Retina iPad and/or iPad Mini.
iPads get released once a year just like Macbooks. Well with the exception of the iPad 4 which was only 7 months..... but macbooks get spec bumps every year and they are a much bigger investment.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:13 PM   #71
krravi
macrumors 65816

So just curious, if the OP is still reeling from having touched one or if he went and bought one?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:31 PM   #72
OnceYouGoMac
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by krravi View Post
So just curious, if the OP is still reeling from having touched one or if he went and bought one?
I'd love to know too. I'd be able to sleep easy tonight if I knew
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:05 PM   #73
skysailing
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceYouGoMac View Post
I'd love to know too. I'd be able to sleep easy tonight if I knew
wow.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:21 PM   #74
tshrimp
macrumors 6502

Nothing at all wrong with getting the retina display macbook...to each his own, but am I the only one who doesn't see that much difference between ret and standard display as far as quality and color accuracy (res is better)? Especially considering the cost premium?
tshrimp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:36 PM   #75
OnceYouGoMac
macrumors 6502

Quote:
wow.
I was being sarcastic or trying to So did you buy the Retina Macbook you were drooling over or not?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro