Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
My shortcuts just stopped working and didn't start working again until I restarted my phone.

You guys have/had any problems like this?

Last edited:

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
For a while yesterday, my synced bookmarks disappeared from my iPad, leaving jsut the stock bookmarks (Google, Apple, Bing, etc), while my macs and other devices still had everything. But it all came back about 30 minutes later *shrug*

Virtual Steve

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2012
My shortcuts just stopped working and didn't start working again until I restarted my phone.

You guys have/had any problems like this?

Yes, I've had the disappearing shortcuts issue on my iPhone. But as you can see above, you'll find people reporting these types of issues on the iPhone and the iPad as well, since it's not a hardware issue. Evidently, it's related to iOS 6. There are several workarounds, but unfortunately, not of them appear to be permanent. Hard resetting my iPhone usually fixes this for me, until the next time it shows up, and then I just hard reset it again.

Other temporary fixes can be found here: iOS 6 Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
The other day I was having random freezes as well which have completely disappeared since restarting my phone. I guess ios 6 isn't as optimised as believed it to be. Still the best damn operating system on a phone tho in my opinion :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.